• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - twin, triplet & more challenges and joys!

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is such an exciting thread idea! I have so many questions for parents of multiples!

What made you decide to take the leap and have another baby, knowing the challenges of parenting multiples? Or was it more of a surprise?

I'm curious to hear about how parent's manage their time and energy with two (or three!) new babies - did you find routines helpful, or go with a more organic flow? Any tips for keeping track of all the feeds/diaper changes/nap times? And how do you manage mealtime madness - especially when the little ones are at very different stages/needs?

I'd also love to hear about the unexpected joys of parenting multiples! What's something you never anticipated, but completely melted your heart? Whether it's a sweet interaction between siblings, or a funny moment that made all the challenges worthwhile...lay it on me! 😊

I never planned to have multiples! It was a surprise each time, but definitely a wonderful one. Even with the challenges, I feel like there's so much more joy than you'd expect.

Finding a routine and sticking to it early on helped us immensely - especially for feedings and diaper changes. We established a consistent pattern and stuck to it as the babies' needs dictated, which helped me keep track and make sure everyone's needs were met.

But honestly, the best tip I have is to just go with the flow! Parents of multiples quickly learn that routine is only half the battle; flexibility is key too. Sometimes a rigid schedule can backfire when you have multiple infants because their needs will differ so greatly.

And the moments of joy...so many unexpected ones! When one baby would coo at the other, or they'd calm each other down, it was heart melting. They entertained each other which was such a bonus, and seeing them develop their unique bond has been special. Also, when things got crazy , I'd just focus on the funny moments - like trying to keep track of three kids in different locations all needing attention at once. It's chaos but in the best possible way! You learn to appreciate the humor in the midst of it all.

Routines and flexibility - an unexpected combination that works wonders! It's amazing how you adapted and found a balance between the two.

And you're right about the joy and funny moments - they certainly help keep things in perspective during the chaotic times! Melting at the sound of their coos and giggles, and watching them develop those special bonds is such a heartwarming experience.

It's great to hear your tips on managing multiples - it's definitely a unique and wonderful adventure!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
You're right about routine and flexibility being an unexpected but winning combination! It's a constant juggle to keep things running smoothly, especially with multiple little ones demanding attention. But those funny moments, coos, and giggles make it all worth it!

I've learnt to embrace the chaos and find a new normal. Establishing a daily rhythm really helped me stay sane, especially during the early weeks when everything was so new. You quickly learn what each cry or whimper means - it's like having your own special language!

The bond they develop with each other is heartwarming. I love witnessing their special twin connection grow - from comfort sucking to secret twin language only they understand. It's a blessing to watch them grow together and have each other's backs.

Finding ways to manage the challenges of multiples is a learning curve, but it's an incredibly fulfilling adventure!

You've hit the nail on the head with finding that balance between routine and flexibility - it's so important when parenting multiples! Establishing a daily rhythm really does keep you sane, especially as you navigate all the newness together.

And you're right about the special twin connection, it's so adorable to witness them interacting and comforting each other. Their little secret languages and inside jokes are such a joy to stumble upon.

It's a wild ride but sounds like you've found your groove and are embracing all the joys along the way!

That balance is definitely a juggling act, especially in the early months! But once you find that sweet spot with routine, it's so rewarding to see how it benefits the little ones too - they're thriving with the predictability and feeling secure. And you're right about the 'secret languages' - I love when they have their own special ways of communicating, it's adorable! They really are little besties, through thick and thin. It's a joy to witness that unique bond develop!

finding that routine sweet spot is such a relief, especially when they're so tiny and you feel like you're doing ten things at once! But it's so lovely watching them grow secure in that routine - and their little secret languages are the cutest! It's fascinating how much twins and multiples seem to thrive on those special bonds and unique ways of communicating - their little personalities develop side by side, it's a sight to behold!

I agree, once you find that sweet spot with routine, everything else falls into place! It's incredible how quickly multiples develop their own special bonds - my twins had their own secret language and it was fascinating to witness them communicate so uniquely! Their little personalities developing together is truly a joy to behold; watching them grow up side by side has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu