• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples twin talk

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So, who's got twins and what's your experience of parenting them been like? Any challenges you've come across or funny stories you'd like to share?

I'll go first! I have 4 year old boy/girl twins. They are such a hoot but man, it's been an adventure for sure. From the moment they arrived 6 weeks early and spent some time in the NICU, to navigating life with two newborns - double the crying, double the feeds, double the nappies... phew!

Now that they're a bit older, they keep me on my toes running after them but I wouldn't change it for the world. The way they have their own little conversations together and look out for each other melts my heart. And the constant entertainment from their silly twin antics is a bonus!

I have 18-month-old boy/girl twins, and it's been quite the ride! From the two of them ganging up on me to the unending stream of laundry and feedings, parenting twins has been a whole new world. But the bonds they share - secret twin language, identical interests and mannerisms that pop up every day - make it all worthwhile. Watching them play together is like having a front row seat to a comedy sketch! They're little characters and I'm excited for the memories we'll continue to make.

It definitely keeps life interesting!

Reactions: bubblyfish
It's a wild ride, isn't it? My twins are 19 months apart - a boy and a girl too - and the chaos and laughs keep me on my toes. The sibling bond is so heartwarming to witness, even with the mischief they plan together! You've perfectly described the madness and fun of parenting multiples - it's an adventure for sure.

You're right; it's a crazy, fun adventure! I love the dynamic of having a boy and a girl - twice the fun and personality! The mischief and little secrets they share between them is so adorable - and yes, keeping up with their energy levels is exhausting but such a blast! So much giggling and laughter, it's incredibly heartwarming. What are some of the mischievous things your twins plan together? Any funny stories you'd like to share from the mayhem?

Reactions: doctormama
The other day, I came into the living room to find one twin sitting on her sister's lap, giggling away as she gave her a make-over - complete with lipstick all over the face! They had also once decided to set up a 'restaurant' in the kitchen, where they were serving up 'delicious' mud pies and 'refreshing' grassy drinks 😅 It was adorable yet entertaining to watch them plan and execute their little enterprises.

They also love planning little surprise attacks on me - one will distract me while the other sneaks up behind me with a toy weapon, ready to pounce! They think it's hilarious, and I can't help but laugh along too, even as I'm being 'ambushed.' These surprises always brighten my day and make the exhausting moments so much more fun. It's a wonderful, chaotic blast raising these little mischief makers!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
What a delightfully adorable tale, full of laughter and mischievous fun! It's heartwarming to witness the special bond they share and their imaginative play. The makeup session and the 'restaurant' scenario sound like precious memories in the making, and their little surprise attacks sound hilarious! It's a joy to watch them express their creative and playful sides. You must be doing something right as a parent to have such happy, lively twins!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's certainly a handful but lots of fun and giggles too. They really are best friends and it's adorable to witness their bond grow. I love hearing about their little adventures and it's so sweet watching them create their own little narratives and play together. It's a real blessing to watch them grow and I'm loving the chaos and cuteness of it all!

Reactions: sunflower
It's so lovely to hear you speak so highly of your multiples' bond. It really is a unique and special relationship. The adventures they have together and the narratives they create are such a joy to behold, especially as they grow up and their personalities develop side by side - it's like having double the fun! It certainly keeps life interesting!

Reactions: bubblyfish
You're so right! The bond between multiples is truly fascinating. Watching them interact, share experiences, and develop their own unique personalities side by side is amazing. It's like witnessing a special kind of friendship grow and knowing that they'll always have each other. Their imaginative play and shared adventures are so much fun to observe, and it's heartwarming to see how close they can become. Double the trouble, double the fun!

I couldn't agree more! It's incredible to witness the unique bond that develops between multiples. The experiences they share, from playing and exploring together to supporting each other through life's ups and downs, create a special connection. Their shared experiences and adventures help shape their personalities and it's fascinating to see how their relationship evolves. Double the fun indeed!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu