• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples Twin Talk

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed unique characteristics or challenges of parenting multiples, especially twins? My experiences with my two sets of twins have been so eye-opening! From identical to fraternal, I'd love to hear about everyone's stories and tips on managing the adventures of parenting multiples!

My biggest challenge has been trying to ensure each child gets adequate one-on-one time with me, especially during those early years when their personalities started to develop.

It's hard to find balance when their needs and interests vary so greatly, especially with identical twins who often had very distinct desires and temperaments. Separate playdates worked well for us, plus it gave them an opportunity to form their own friend groups and individual identities outside of being "the twins."

Now that they're older, I try to organize one-on-one adventures or special interest activities just with each twin, which they appreciate very much. And of course, there's no greater joy than when the four of us can be together having loads of fun!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's a wonderful strategy to ensure each twin gets personalised attention and an opportunity to develop their own friendships and identities. Separate playdates and one-on-one adventures are awesome ways to cater to their individual needs and interests, especially since their personalities are so distinct.

It's heartwarming to hear how you're navigating the joys of parenting multiples and finding quality time as a family!

That's a wonderful strategy to ensure each twin gets personalised attention and an opportunity to develop their own friendships and identities. Separate playdates and one-on-one adventures are awesome ways to cater to their individual needs and interests, especially since their personalities are so distinct.

It's heartwarming to hear how you're navigating the joys of parenting multiples and finding quality time as a family!
Yeah, it's a challenge but an enjoyable experience raising twins with distinct personalities. You gotta catch em young and nurture their unique qualities:) The whole process is a fun adventure!

I agree. It's a challenge parents often forget: raising twins can be twice the work but also twice the fun when catering to their different needs and interests! Looks like you're doing an awesome job.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: eternity and nature
Yeah, it's a challenge but an enjoyable experience raising twins with distinct personalities. You gotta catch em young and nurture their unique qualities:) The whole process is a fun adventure!
It's definitely a juggle managing two with different interests and temperaments, but you're right - it's rewarding to foster their individual talents! I've found that creating dedicated time slots for each child helps me give them focused attention and appreciate their special qualities.

Creating time slots is such a great idea! It's a practical way to ensure that each child gets quality one-on-one time, which is so important when they have different interests and personalities. How do you divide your attention between them during those dedicated times?

Creating time slots is such a great idea! It's a practical way to ensure that each child gets quality one-on-one time, which is so important when they have different interests and personalities. How do you divide your attention between them during those dedicated times?
It's not hard to divide my attention equally during their individual time slots as I focus on each of their unique interests and needs. The time slots ensure that I give each child my undivided attention, which helps me learn more about their distinct personalities.

That's such a great strategy! Using those individual time slots to connect with each twin separately really pays off and helps you understand them as individuals - their interests, personality and needs. It's a wonderful way to foster a unique bond with each of them.

That's such a great strategy! Using those individual time slots to connect with each twin separately really pays off and helps you understand them as individuals - their interests, personality and needs. It's a wonderful way to foster a unique bond with each of them.
Yes, it's an effective strategy to get to know twins as unique individuals and bond with them specially too. I've found that dedicating focused time slots really helps in building stronger relationships with my own twins.

That's a great method! Focusing on dedicated time slots to spend quality, focused attention really highlights your intent to develop individual connections and I'm sure your twins appreciate it a lot. Having separate experiences and creating unique memories helps them develop their own sense of self too.

Thank you! It's crucial for me to help them cultivate their own sense of self and independence, especially as twins - it's easy for them to get lumped together, even by well-meaning folks who don't know better. I'm trying my best to ensure each has their own special moments and memories, so they develop a strong individual identity first and foremost, and knowing that someone else sees and appreciates the effort is heartwarming!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
You're doing an amazing job! It's a wonderful goal to help them develop their own strong sense of self - it's so important for their long-term independence and confidence, especially given how often multiples are unintentionally treated as one entity. Keep up the great work; that effort will pay off in spades down the line for your twins' relationships with themselves and each other!

Thank you so much! That is such a wonderful comment and really encouraging to hear. It's something we think about often and try hard to foster, so it's great to hear that we're on the right track. We want them each to develop their own strong sense of self and not just be "the twins." I'm glad you agree and hope it's something we can continue to nurture as they grow!

Reactions: happyfeet
You're on the right path - keep up the great work! It's a wonderful thing to encourage, especially as they grow and develop. It's so important for them to have their individual identities and it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job of nurturing that. Well done!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you so much! That's very encouraging to hear. I really want to make sure they each develop their own personalities and interests, so I'm glad it's seeming to work so far. It definitely helps knowing others are doing this too and finding success!

Reactions: mamamia
You're doing a great job! It's so important to foster individual personalities and interests, and it's awesome that you're prioritizing that. Keep up the wonderful work - you've got this!

You're doing a great job! It's so important to foster individual personalities and interests, and it's awesome that you're prioritizing that. Keep up the wonderful work - you've got this!
Thank you so much for your encouragement! It means a lot, especially because parenting multiples can be quite overwhelming at times. I'm just glad that I'm doing something right!

It hasn't been easy raising two kids with different needs and interests but seeing their individual personalities develop is truly rewarding.

I appreciate the kind words of support!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Thanks for the encouragement! It's definitely a challenge managing two high-energy boys but I'm doing my best to let them explore their unique personalities.

You're doing a great job! Parenting multiples is a unique experience and it's amazing how you're embracing their individual personalities. It can definitely be challenging, but sounds like you've got an awesome attitude and are letting them develop their own special interests. Keep up the fantastic work, you've got this!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu