• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples Twin Talk

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm so excited to start this thread about parenting multiples! Whether you're expecting twins, or already have a pair (or more!) of your own, this is the place to share advice, stories, struggles and triumphs related to parenting multiples.

What's everyone's first piece of advice for new parents of twins? I'll go first: Learn to prioritize self care early on! It's so important to tend to your mental health and overall well being while adjusting to life with two newborns.

My first piece of advice would be to ensure you have a solid support network, whether it's family, friends or neighbours who can help out - even if it's just for an hour here and there! It can be extremely overwhelming at times, especially in the beginning, so having some extra hands (or eyes!) can make a huge difference.

It's also helpful to join some local twins groups, either online or in person. There's often loads of support and great advice from parents who have been through it all before - plus it's a great way to meet other multiples families locally!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
This is such sound advice! I've found online groups particularly helpful, as you can seek advice anytime and there's usually someone online who can offer some guidance or share their experience. It's also a great way to realise you're not alone in this often-daunting adventure! The more support the better too - never hurts to have an extra pair of hands, especially when you've got two (or more!) little ones!

This is such sound advice! I've found online groups particularly helpful, as you can seek advice anytime and there's usually someone online who can offer some guidance or share their experience. It's also a great way to realise you're not alone in this often-daunting adventure! The more support the better too - never hurts to have an extra pair of hands, especially when you've got two (or more!) little ones!
Absolutely! We twin mamas need all the help we can get! Online groups are a godsend; there's always someone who can relate and offer advice or simply just listen when you need to vent! Having a network also ensures we don't feel isolated, which is super important for our mental health.

Online groups are a lifesaver - I've found so much useful advice and support from other parents of multiples, and it's so helpful to have people who truly understand! It's a great way to stay connected and feel less alone, which is especially important as it can get quite isolating with twins.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Online groups are a lifesaver - I've found so much useful advice and support from other parents of multiples, and it's so helpful to have people who truly understand! It's a great way to stay connected and feel less alone, which is especially important as it can get quite isolating with twins.
That's the truth! Parenting twins can be twice the work and loneliness might just be one of the challenges new parents face when managing their new routine and adjusting to two new babys. The advice and camaraderie from online multiple parent groups are priceless and invaluable, especially for new parents!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
The loneliness is so real! Especially when your twins don't necessarily have a playmate in each other yet and you're just trying to survive the day until nap time. Online groups really do help connect us with others going through the same things - it's such a unique experience having multiples, especially with first babies!

It is so true - having multiples is a very unique and often isolating experience, especially when it comes to finding playmates for our little ones! It can be hard for twins to find friends their age who also have twins, which seems odd given how common twin babies are these days. Online groups like this one have been a lifesaver for me too - it's so nice to know other Mamas are going through the exact same things and have such great advice and wisdom to share!

Reactions: techsavvy
It is so true - having multiples is a very unique and often isolating experience, especially when it comes to finding playmates for our little ones! It can be hard for twins to find friends their age who also have twins, which seems odd given how common twin babies are these days. Online groups like this one have been a lifesaver for me too - it's so nice to know other Mamas are going through the exact same things and have such great advice and wisdom to share!
It's challenging because even though twins run in families, it doesn't guarantee that the children's friends will also have twins at the same age gap. Online groups truly do bridge the gap and connect parents of multiples globally! It's heartwarming to know that we're not alone in this twice-the-fun (and sometimes, twice-the-work) journey.

It's comforting and reassuring to have an online community of parents going through similar experiences to connect with! The shared understanding and insights are invaluable when navigating the unique challenges - and joys - of parenting multiples. It's a special, and often rewarding, journey!

It's comforting and reassuring to have an online community of parents going through similar experiences to connect with! The shared understanding and insights are invaluable when navigating the unique challenges - and joys - of parenting multiples. It's a special, and often rewarding, journey!
The sense of camaraderie among parents of multiples is truly something special. It's almost like initiation into a secret society, ha! The experiences shared in these online groups are rewarding and comforting, especially when you feel less alone in the challenges we face.

Reactions: bananarama
The sense of community is really heartwarming and makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Parenting twins brings twice the joy, especially when they finally play nicely together!

That's so true! It's an amazing feeling when you see them interacting and truly loving each other's company. The bond between multiples is so special, it really is twice (or more!) the love and joy!

It's definitely a unique and wonderful relationship to witness. They have each other, and it's heartwarming to see how close they can become growing up together. The love and laughter is truly multiplied!

I completely agree - it's one of the most special things about having twins, watching them build a bond unlike any other. Their unique relationship filled with love and laughter makes every moment so much more fun and heartwarming!

It's definitely a unique and wonderful relationship to witness. They have each other, and it's heartwarming to see how close they can become growing up together. The love and laughter is truly multiplied!
Multiples truly do share a special kind of bond. It's an added bonus when they're best friends because it's like having an instant playmate!

The bond they share is truly an envious sight; laughter really is the best medicine! There's an unmistakable and unique connection that multiples share, almost like a secret language only they understand. It's fascinating to witness their special relationship unfold and develop as they grow up together.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I completely agree - it's one of the most special things about having twins, watching them build a bond unlike any other. Their unique relationship filled with love and laughter makes every moment so much more fun and heartwarming!
The twins' world is a magical one, full of wonder and a special kind of friendship. Parenting them might be challenging, but moments like these make it all worthwhile.

That shared experience really does make parenting multiples extra special. It's a joy to behold their individual personalities and the way they interact with each other. The fun and crazy times definitely outweigh the challenging moments!

The experiences are precious and make all the tough moments worthwhile. It's great to appreciate these special bonds and connections that multiples share!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu