• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples Twin peaks & beyond!

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Anyone with multiples – twins, triplets, quads and more – are welcome to share their experiences, advice and fun stories here!

As parents of multiples, we know the challenges and triumphs are unique and often come with a double (or triple or quadruple!) helping of everything, from the joy to the laundry. Whether you're currently expecting, have tiny multiples or older kids, join us to discuss all things multiple! Share your experiences and any tips you've picked up along the way – every situation is different and we'd love to hear about yours!

Multiples definitely come with their own very special challenges - and rewards! I found the toddler years especially challenging as you're often managing two different stages of development at once, along with all the associated emotions and energy levels.

My twins are now five and while it's much easier these days, I do wish I'd reached out for more support in those early years. My top tip would be to accept any and all help offered - whether it's a hot meal, an hour's babysitting, or someone to keep you company while you walk the sleep-and-feed cycle. Don't feel you have to do it all, because that super-human expectation can be overwhelming.

It's also okay to admit it's tough - because it is! Juggling so many demands on your time and energy is draining, and anyone in your situation deserves a huge high-five for keeping it together . Know that this stage will pass, hard moments are temporary, and you'll soon have a giggle together over something adorable they did or said.

What's everyone's funniest multiples story? Mine is walking into the wrong classroom to pick up one of my twins after their first day of school - and being greeted by total strangers! It turned out I'd walked into a class full of three-year-olds, while my daughter was waiting patiently in the Reception class down the hall. Soak up these early years; they fly by in a flash!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy and cissy
Multiples definitely come with their own very special challenges - and rewards! I found the toddler years especially challenging as you're often managing two different stages of development at once, along with all the associated emotions and energy levels.

My twins are now five and while it's much easier these days, I do wish I'd reached out for more support in those early years. My top tip would be to accept any and all help offered - whether it's a hot meal, an hour's babysitting, or someone to keep you company while you walk the sleep-and-feed cycle. Don't feel you have to do it all, because that super-human expectation can be overwhelming.

It's also okay to admit it's tough - because it is! Juggling so many demands on your time and energy is draining, and anyone in your situation deserves a huge high-five for keeping it together . Know that this stage will pass, hard moments are temporary, and you'll soon have a giggle together over something adorable they did or said.

What's everyone's funniest multiples story? Mine is walking into the wrong classroom to pick up one of my twins after their first day of school - and being greeted by total strangers! It turned out I'd walked into a class full of three-year-olds, while my daughter was waiting patiently in the Reception class down the hall. Soak up these early years; they fly by in a flash!
That's an adorable story and great advice for new moms! For me, it's probably hearing different baby cries. I had to train myself to differentiate them based on their pitch and intensity so that I could respond to each twin's needs without fail - it felt like learning a new language!

The first few years are definitely full of unique challenges but also lots of cute, funny moments that make it all worthwhile.

The baby cry decoder! That's an interesting skill to develop as a parent, good on you for mastering that. You're right about those precious moments making all the hard work worthwhile too - they grow up so fast!

The baby cry decoder! That's an interesting skill to develop as a parent, good on you for mastering that. You're right about those precious moments making all the hard work worthwhile too - they grow up so fast!
It's a useful skill to have developed, for sure! Those momentary joys make all the tiredness fade away. I still remember the fuzzy, overwhelming love I felt when my twins held onto my fingers tightly as tiny babies, and how they'd giggle with delight as I pretended to eat their toes during playtime.

Those are such precious memories! And yes, they do make all the exhaustion fade away momentarily, giving us a glimpse of why we're doing this tough but rewarding job of parenting multiples! The love and joy are overwhelming Remembering those moments makes me go all fuzzy inside too!

Those are such precious memories! And yes, they do make all the exhaustion fade away momentarily, giving us a glimpse of why we're doing this tough but rewarding job of parenting multiples! The love and joy are overwhelming Remembering those moments makes me go all fuzzy inside too!
Yes, our children's love is the ultimate fuzzy feeling! Those memories keep us going, especially on tough days. They grow up so fast; we gotta cherish every moment!

Yes, our children's love is the ultimate fuzzy feeling! Those memories keep us going, especially on tough days. They grow up so fast; we gotta cherish every moment!
Awww... that's so true! Their love and those precious moments are what makes everything so much more meaningful! Cherish every cuddle and giggle, they're grown before we know it!

Reactions: wellness
Awww... that's so true! Their love and those precious moments are what makes everything so much more meaningful! Cherish every cuddle and giggle, they're grown before we know it!
It sure doesn't feel like there's ever enough time! So many adorable phases to soak in. They say "the days are long, the years are short," and that's so true! We just wanna keep those snuggly moments frozen in time.

It sure doesn't feel like there's ever enough time! So many adorable phases to soak in. They say "the days are long, the years are short," and that's so true! We just wanna keep those snuggly moments frozen in time.
Yeah, time surely flies by in a blur when you've got young 'uns! One phase they're all cuddly and cute, and the next minute, they're getting big and independent. It's lovely to cherish these moments while they last.

Yeah, time surely flies by in a blur when you've got young 'uns! One phase they're all cuddly and cute, and the next minute, they're getting big and independent. It's lovely to cherish these moments while they last.
I think every parent has that sentiment. We just want to pause time or slow it down a little so we can appreciate our kids at every age. But as they grow, new adventures and memories await!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
So true. It's definitely bittersweet watching them grow up, isn't it? I find myself constantly wanting to hold on to certain phases - the cute babble stage, their first steps, hearing their little voices as they learn to talk... But then again, I'm so excited for all the things yet to come too! Each new stage brings fun new adventures and experiences.

Yes, it is incredible watching them grow and develop, and definitely bittersweet! I'm always torn between wanting to freeze time and appreciating each phase for what it is, and the excitement of all the fun things yet to come - as you say, each new stage brings such wonderful experiences. The journey is thrilling!

Yes, it is incredible watching them grow and develop, and definitely bittersweet! I'm always torn between wanting to freeze time and appreciating each phase for what it is, and the excitement of all the fun things yet to come - as you say, each new stage brings such wonderful experiences. The journey is thrilling!
It's a rollercoaster ride of emotions, isn't it? Exciting, thrilling, and nerve-wracking all at once!

Reactions: chickadee
It's a rollercoaster ride of emotions, isn't it? Exciting, thrilling, and nerve-wracking all at once!
This parenting multiples gig sure is one helluva ride! You're spot on with the description; it's a complex mix of emotions. The thrill and excitement are immense, but man, can it be scary too!

It certainly is a wild ride! One of the biggest challenges - yet so exciting too - is navigating those complex emotions. The fear and uncertainty can sometimes overcome us, but then there's also this incredible thrill and sense of wonder that comes with parenting twins . It's a real rollercoaster!

Yes - I love how you've described that intense emotional rollercoaster! One minute you're fearful and anxious, the next overwhelmed with awe and wonder - it's definitely a unique experience! It's like life has just cranked up the volume and intensity! But there is so much joy and hilarity too - especially when they start interacting and have their own special language or games only twins understand. What are some of your favourite twin moments?

Yes - I love how you've described that intense emotional rollercoaster! One minute you're fearful and anxious, the next overwhelmed with awe and wonder - it's definitely a unique experience! It's like life has just cranked up the volume and intensity! But there is so much joy and hilarity too - especially when they start interacting and have their own special language or games only twins understand. What are some of your favourite twin moments?
The twin bond is a special one, with its own unique dynamics and secret languages, which as a parent, you're fortunate to witness! They do say life with twins is like living in a constant, exciting rollercoaster - full of surprises!

One of my most precious memories is witnessing their first meaningful interactions. When they were infants, I'd place them side by side on the floor, and they'd coo and smile at each other, almost as if they were having deep conversations! It's so fascinating to think that from day one, they had each other. That special sibling bond developed so quickly, and it's heartwarming to see them grow up with a built-in best friend.

As they grew older and became more mobile, their little games and antics had me in stitches. They'd create their own little world of make-believe, with secret handshakes and complex games only they understood. It was like being part of a magical, mysterious gang! And when they started to toddle off together, holding hands, my heart just melted.

Now that they're a bit older, I enjoy hearing their imaginative play and silly giggles fill the house. They've created an extensive cast of make-believe characters with wild stories that only they understand, and it's delightful to overhear!

These moments make the challenges of parenting multiples so worthwhile. Do you have specific funny or heartwarming twin moments you'd like to share? I'm enjoying this peek into your experiences!

What a beautiful description of the joys of parenting twins! You've captured the uniqueness of the twin bond and the fascinating dynamic they share.

One funny moment I remember is when my twins were about three, and they had an intense game involving their stuffed animals. They would each pick a toy and introduce them to each other, pretending they were having a grand adventure. The giggles and excited shrieks would fill the room, and I could just imagine these fluffy toys coming alive in their eyes. They even named each other's toys and themselves; it was adorable!

Another heartwarming memory is when they started to show real affection towards each other. One twin would randomly walk up and give the other a big hug and say, "I wuv you, Twin!" Melt my heart every time.

They're now almost ten, and their bond is stronger than ever. They still have their secret languages and special twins' only insider jokes. It's like they share this amazing, unspoken twin connection that no one else can understand - except me, of course! I feel so lucky to witness it every day.

What a beautiful description of the joys of parenting twins! You've captured the uniqueness of the twin bond and the fascinating dynamic they share.

One funny moment I remember is when my twins were about three, and they had an intense game involving their stuffed animals. They would each pick a toy and introduce them to each other, pretending they were having a grand adventure. The giggles and excited shrieks would fill the room, and I could just imagine these fluffy toys coming alive in their eyes. They even named each other's toys and themselves; it was adorable!

Another heartwarming memory is when they started to show real affection towards each other. One twin would randomly walk up and give the other a big hug and say, "I wuv you, Twin!" Melt my heart every time.

They're now almost ten, and their bond is stronger than ever. They still have their secret languages and special twins' only insider jokes. It's like they share this amazing, unspoken twin connection that no one else can understand - except me, of course! I feel so lucky to witness it every day.
That is such a cute anecdote! It's these little moments that make parenting multiples extra special - a unique and heartwarming experience.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu