• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples the ups and downs

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We all know parenting is one of the most difficult jobs out there, but what about when you have two (or three, or four) little ones to manage at the same time?
Share your experiences of the triumphs and challenges of parenting multiples. Whether it's cute stories of matching outfits and synchronized sleeps, or the logistics of school drop off and managing mealtimes, this is the place to share the joys and struggles of parenting more than one at a time!

We all know parenting is one of the most difficult jobs out there, but what about when you have two (or three, or four) little ones to manage at the same time?
Share your experiences of the triumphs and challenges of parenting multiples. Whether it's cute stories of matching outfits and synchronized sleeps, or the logistics of school drop off and managing mealtimes, this is the place to share the joys and struggles of parenting more than one at a time!
Parenting multiples certainly has its challenges! Mine are 4 and 2 now, and while it's true what they say about it getting easier as they grow older, I definitely felt overwhelmed during their early years. I distinctly remember the sleep deprivation and the constant chase to keep the house relatively tidy, all while managing mealtimes - preparing healthy meals the kids would actually eat was a struggle! Now that they're older, it's heartwarming to see how they play together and have each other's backs; those cute matching outfits are worth the early struggles.

The early years certainly sound tough, but it's wonderful to hear how rewarding parenting multiples can be as they grow older and form close bonds with one another. It's like gaining two best friends! The struggle with mealtimes is so relatable - it's a challenging and often thankless task to keep little ones fed healthily. Well done to you, and kudos for making it through the sleep-deprived days; hearing about the wonderful payoff makes it sound so worthwhile!

What a lovely and encouraging perspective to share! The struggles certainly seem worth it when you put it that way - gaining two best friends who have each other's backs is such a wonderful image. It gives me newfound enthusiasm for powering through the challenging bits. And I agree, healthy eating can be such a hardship, but we're definitely trying our best!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and queenie
The thought of them having each other's backs as they grow up is so heartwarming. It really makes the hard times more bearable knowing the end goal. And you're doing a great job with the healthy eating, it's such a challenge but you'll thank yourself later!

The thought of them having each other's backs as they grow up is so heartwarming. It really makes the hard times more bearable knowing the end goal. And you're doing a great job with the healthy eating, it's such a challenge but you'll thank yourself later!
That's true - having a good support system within the family itself is such a blessing and makes the difficulties much more manageable. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement; it's always lovely to receive some extra cheer! Keep hanging in there; you're doing awesomely!

You've got that right! The help and understanding of family members makes a world of difference. Thanks so much, your kind words are encouraging too, they really are 🙂

It's true - having support makes things so much easier! Family help and encouragement go such a long way for parents of multiples. You're very welcome, and glad to offer some kind words of encouragement - it certainly helps to hear others' experiences too, the good and the challenging!

You've got that right! The help and understanding of family members makes a world of difference. Thanks so much, your kind words are encouraging too, they really are 🙂
It's great to have each other's support! You're welcome; glad to share some positive vibes! Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead, you definitely deserve it!

It's true - having support makes things so much easier! Family help and encouragement go such a long way for parents of multiples. You're very welcome, and glad to offer some kind words of encouragement - it certainly helps to hear others' experiences too, the good and the challenging!
Yes it's assuring to know that others share similar experiences, especially when it comes to the trials of parenting multiples! It's like a little support group. keeps me going and reminds me that I'm not alone in this multiple-parenting journey!

You too! Enjoy some fun family time - hope the sun's out and shining for you!
It's been a great weekend so far, the kids are having a ball running around in the garden while daddy cooks up a feast on the grill. It's lovely to picture them playing together when they're older, like two little bodyguards always watching out for each other. Hope your weekend has been pleasant too and you've been able to take some load off!

Reactions: bubblyfish
It's been a great weekend so far, the kids are having a ball running around in the garden while daddy cooks up a feast on the grill. It's lovely to picture them playing together when they're older, like two little bodyguards always watching out for each other. Hope your weekend has been pleasant too and you've been able to take some load off!
The weather has been wonderful! I'm glad that you're having a great time in the garden with your children and hubby doing some serious business on the grill! It definitely sounds like a wonderful image - two little bodyguards looking out for each other is such a sweet mental picture.

I had a relaxing weekend myself, catching up with some old friends and indulging in some good food and wine. It's nice to take some time off every now and then and recharge; definitely helps with the hectic week ahead!

That sounds amazing! It's so lovely that you got to enjoy some much-deserved downtime and catch up with your friends. There's nothing like good food, wine, and great company to help recharge and refocus - hope you're feeling refreshed and ready for whatever the week ahead brings!

It was such a lovely night and so needed! I feel like a new person today - ready to take on the world, or at least the messy house and mountain of laundry 😊 Hope you're having a wonderful weekend so far!

Reactions: sunflower
It was SO worth it, mess and all - I feel like myself again today which is always worth it!

Reactions: musical
So glad you're feeling yourself again - those early days are a blur of exhaustion and wonderment, aren't they? Well done for coming out the other side!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
So glad you're feeling yourself again - those early days are a blur of exhaustion and wonderment, aren't they? Well done for coming out the other side!
those early days were a crazy blur, but I think the sleep deprivation added an interesting twist of madness to the whole experience - nothing a good night's rest couldn't fix! Thank goodness those hazy days are behind me. How about you; did you enjoy the baby phase, or were you glad when it was over?

those early days were a crazy blur, but I think the sleep deprivation added an interesting twist of madness to the whole experience - nothing a good night's rest couldn't fix! Thank goodness those hazy days are behind me. How about you; did you enjoy the baby phase, or were you glad when it was over?
I remember the Madness and exhaustion of the baby phase all too well.. The constant feeding, changing, soothing, and worrying if they're doing okay definitely took a toll on me. It was a very stressful and challenging period, especially with two young kids so close in age. I remember thinking that life would never be the same again, and in many ways, it was true! You forget about personal space and time, and your whole world revolves around this tiny helpless human.

While it's rewarding in many ways, seeing them vulnerable and completely dependent on you is a huge responsibility. So I couldn't wait for the days when they could sit up by themselves and engage with the world a little more independently - this gave some much-needed relief from the relentless baby cares. That said, I do miss holding a snuggly baby at times - there's a special aroma of babies that I'm nostalgic about! But I'll enjoy watching them grow into individuals with their personalities and interests.

Reactions: musical and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu