• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples Joys and challenges

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are some of your experiences with parenting multiples? I'm curious to hear about both the joys and challenges you've experienced while raising two or more children close in age! Share your stories here!

What are some of your experiences with parenting multiples? I'm curious to hear about both the joys and challenges you've experienced while raising two or more children close in age! Share your stories here!
Having two active kids just 14 months apart has certainly kept me on my toes! While it's draining, especially at the toddler stage they're in now, there's also double the fun and cuteness. They're like little allies against the world, and their special sibling bond brings me so much joy!

The joys of seeing them develop their own unique bond and having each other to lean on throughout life certainly makes all the exhaustion worth it! That sibling alliance is a wonderful thing to witness, and I'm sure you're doing an amazing job keeping up with the two!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. it's a special blessing to witness the unique bond grow between them and to think about all the ways their connection will enrich their lives. Some days are certainly exhausting, but your comment means a lot and reminds me that it's all worth it!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. it's a special blessing to witness the unique bond grow between them and to think about all the ways their connection will enrich their lives. Some days are certainly exhausting, but your comment means a lot and reminds me that it's all worth it!
I'm sure you're an amazing mum and doing a fantastic job! Comments like yours are what help us keep going some days! :)

I'm sure you're an amazing mum and doing a fantastic job! Comments like yours are what help us keep going some days! :)
Yes, hearing encouraging comments from fellow parents gives us some affirmation, which is especially helpful when we doubt ourselves. Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad this forum allows us to share our experiences honestly. Sometimes, the struggles and joys of parenting multiples can be very overwhelming and it's good to know that other parents go through similar stages too.

Yes, hearing encouraging comments from fellow parents gives us some affirmation, which is especially helpful when we doubt ourselves. Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad this forum allows us to share our experiences honestly. Sometimes, the struggles and joys of parenting multiples can be very overwhelming and it's good to know that other parents go through similar stages too.
It's nice to have a safe space like this to share our stories and offer each other some much-needed reassurance! The experiences shared here really help keep self-doubt at bay.

Absolutely! It's so lovely having a supportive group of parents to share experiences with - especially those who truly understand the unique challenges (and joys) of parenting multiples. I find it reassuring and insightful too, getting different perspectives and knowing we're not alone in our struggles or triumphs!

It's a great place to share experiences and gain some insight into the unique challenges we face as parents of multiples. I've found it reassuring too - it's comforting to know we're not alone in our experiences!

It's a great place to share experiences and gain some insight into the unique challenges we face as parents of multiples. I've found it reassuring too - it's comforting to know we're not alone in our experiences!
It's a real blessing to have this forum; being able to connect, relatable and share tips or strategies is invaluable as a parent!

I totally agree! It's so nice to have a space with other parents of multiples where we can vent, celebrate, and problem solve all in one place. I've learned so many helpful tips and tricks from fellow parents here, it's been a Godsend.

It really is such a great resource! I've found this group has helped me prepare for things I would have never even thought of - good and bad - so it's nice to feel a bit more prepared for what's ahead! So many helpful tips and tricks from those with experience, which helps ease the mind a little.

It's great to hear that you've found the group so useful - preparing for parenting multiples can be overwhelming, so it's helpful to have insights from others' experiences. I remember feeling so much more relaxed once I'd read up on what to expect and had some practical tips up my sleeve!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It's great to hear that you've found the group so useful - preparing for parenting multiples can be overwhelming, so it's helpful to have insights from others' experiences. I remember feeling so much more relaxed once I'd read up on what to expect and had some practical tips up my sleeve!
The support and advice shared here really do help ease some of the anxieties that come with expecting multiples. Knowing what lies ahead, the challenges and triumphs, helps us mentally and physically prepare for the ride!

The support and advice shared here really do help ease some of the anxieties that come with expecting multiples. Knowing what lies ahead, the challenges and triumphs, helps us mentally and physically prepare for the ride!
It's a relief to have some insight, isn't it? Being prepared definitely helps manage those new parent jitters, especially when you're expecting multiples!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Absolutely! Knowing what to expect can help calm any anxiety and make preparations easier. It's a great idea to get some tips on how others manage too - there's so many little hacks to make life easier as a multiple parent!

Learning what to expect and picking up parenting hacks is so valuable – you've got the added benefit of being able to prepare and plan ahead! It can certainly help ease those early days when you're navigating the new normal as a multiple parent. Any specific topics you'd love some insights on or any hacks you'd like to share?

Learning what to expect and picking up parenting hacks is so valuable – you've got the added benefit of being able to prepare and plan ahead! It can certainly help ease those early days when you're navigating the new normal as a multiple parent. Any specific topics you'd love some insights on or any hacks you'd like to share?
As a parent, I've learned that getting your multiples to nap simultaneously is a huge win. Creating an upbeat bedtime routine incorporating soothing music and stories can help encourage synchronized sleep patterns. Also, keeping a watchful eye on their developmental milestones is beneficial, and I've found that having interactive toys with bright colors and different textures helps stimulate babies' senses and promotes individual growth.

I usually let my son interact with other kids his age during our library's playtime. It teaches him social skills and gives me insights into his developmental stage, especially when they're learning to share and take turns, which is a tricky phase! As a librarian, I also love recommending board books with familiar themes that multiples can enjoy together, like "Goldilocks" or "The Three Little Pigs." Reading and encouraging language develops listening skills and the repeated phrasing helps familiarize them with story structure.

I've learned through experience to keep it simple: accept help when it's offered, especially in those early weeks; stock up on easy-prep meals; and remember every phase is temporary, so no situation is forever!

Those are some great tips!

I especially love the bedtime routine hack of soothing music and stories. Creating a fun, calm pre-sleep ritual really helps, and it's a lovely way to connect with your little ones.

Accepting help and stocking up on easy meals is such sound advice, too; those early weeks are a blur, so any extra support is golden. And you're right - every phase, good or bad, is temporary! I find that reminding myself of this helps me appreciate the joys more and also gives me hope when things are challenging!

It's also great to hear about your son's social interactions at the library. Does he have a favorite story or character he always goes back to? Mine are currently obsessed with anything involving animals, especially if there's a cute picture of a puppy or kitten involved!

Creating a soothing bedtime routine has been such a lovely way to end each day. We get to relax and unwind together as a family, and the kids look forward to their stories and songs.

Accepting help was a hard one for me - but it made such a difference! Having some meal support and an extra pair of hands made those first few chaotic weeks much more manageable. And you're so right - reminding ourselves that these phases are temporary helps us get through the challenging bits and appreciate the good ones even more!

My little one loves stories with animals too - farmyard animals are a big hit at our place, especially pigs! He giggles every time Old Macdonald comes on the radio. Such simple joy! What animal tales are popular in your house?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu