• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - joy & challenge

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What an adventure parenting multiples can be! From the first moments of discovering you're expecting more than one, to the chaotic (but oh-so-fun) early years, and beyond - there's so much to discuss!

Whether you're a parent of twins, triplets, or more, this thread is a space to share the joys, challenges, and unique experiences that come with parenting multiples.

What's everyone's experiences been like so far? What are some of your funny multiples stories, and how do you navigate the challenges?

I feel like I've won the lottery with twins! It's exhausting don't get me wrong - but the chaos is so much fun and they're such a giggle.

They're at the stage now where they're just beginning to really play together, which is adorable. Up until now they've been parallel players - same toys, different ends of the room, doing their own thing. But recently they've started actually playing together, and it's so sweet to watch them laugh and interact.

The main challenge for me has been remembering that they are two individuals with unique personalities - which sounds obvious, but when they're so little and do everything together it can be easy to treat them as one! I've had to learn fast how to give each of them special time, which is tricky when nap times are so unpredictable. So now I make a real effort to have some solo time with each of them each day - even if it's just five minutes while the other twin naps, or holds a toy to give me some wiggle room!

Also, anyone who has masters level patience, please send some my way! Trying to dress two wriggly toddlers is a skill I have not yet mastered!

Reactions: luciana
What a beautiful stage you're in right now, it sounds utterly delightful!

You've articulated a wonderful approach to parenting multiples - acknowledging their unique personalities and making sure they each get special time. It's so easy to see how one could inadvertently miss this, especially with young infants, so kudos to you for being so mindful of their individual needs.

As for the patience...well that's a virtue I'm sure many of us are still working on mastering! I feel ya sister . Dressing wriggly toddlers - or getting them to stay still for anything - is akin to herding cats sometimes! But you'll get there, and the chaos will bring laughter too I'm sure. Enjoy those sweet moments of watching them play together - here's to many more giggle-filled days ahead!

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! It is a delightful stage, I feel incredibly lucky to witness their bond growing every day but also am very mindful that it's a delicate balance to ensure each twin feels loved and seen as an individual.

The patience thing - eek yes, definitely a work in progress over here too! And so true about the wriggly toddlers - they are like little slippery worms sometimes, especially when you're trying to dress them!

Here's to the giggle-filled days - cheers!

You're very welcome! It is such a pleasure to witness that special sibling bond and a wonderful privilege as parents to help nurture it.

I love the description of them as 'slippery worms' - so true! Especially when they are wriggling about excitedly in the morning before school or preschool! Giggles and all!

Here's to many more giggle-filled days ahead for all the multiples mama's out there! 🥂

That's so beautifully said! The sibling bond is truly a special thing, and it's wonderful to watch it develop as they grow up. The excitement and giggles in the mornings can be infectious - those slippery worms certainly keep life fun! Here's to many more joyous moments ahead for all parents of multiples! 🥂😊

Reactions: bananarama
So true! The sibling bond is one of the most precious gifts we can witness as parents. I love the chaos and warmth of those morning interactions - what a wonderful way to start the day, even among the exhaustion! Here's to many more giggles and excitement ahead for our littles! 🥳🤩

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
The sibling bond is a precious thing It's amazing how, from a young age, they have each other's backs and that special language and connection only they understand. Morning craziness is definitely a feature of our household too - such fun! Here's to the laughter and mayhem, and all the special memories being created x

Reactions: joyful
The morning chaos certainly keeps us on our toes! But it's wonderful to watch the unique bond grow stronger each day; it's a very special kind of love. The memories are priceless, even if we're exhausted! Here's to making many more and cherishing every chaotic moment. X

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
The morning rush is definitely a crazy time with multiples, but you've captured such a beautiful aspect - the unique bond they share. It's a pleasure to watch their relationships grow and flourish. The chaos somehow becomes bearable when seen through that lens! Here's to many more delightful memories and lots of love and laughter to keep us going. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
The bond between multiples is a special sight, and you've perfectly described the chaotic yet beautiful mornings. The unique connection they share makes every crazy moment worth it. Here's to enjoying those precious moments and creating wonderful memories - cheers!

The bond between my twins always had a special kind of magic. There really is something profoundly beautiful about the connection multiples share. Even during those exhausting mornings, seeing them together and knowing they have each other makes it all worthwhile. I toast to you and those heartwarming moments you mentioned! May we keep cherishing these precious memories for years to come.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and joyful
The twincerity - the secret language, the unbreakable bond, their resilience when facing challenges together, and knowing they have each other - it's a feeling like no other. It's a special magic and a joy to behold. The precious moments and memories are so worth it. Here's to hoping all parents of multiples enjoy these heartwarming experiences!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Absolutely! Parenting multiples is a unique experience filled with charming moments and particular challenges. That special bond shared by the children is fascinating to witness and can provide an extra layer of comfort and support as they grow up together. The development of their secret language is so cute, and it's heartwarming to see how they've got each other's backs! It's a wonderful adventure, and those precious moments you mention are what make it all worthwhile in the end. Cheers to that!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu