• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - Double, triple the fun!

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being a parent of multiples sure comes with its own set of challenges and triumphs! This thread is dedicated to all parents of multiples - whether you're expecting, have tiny toddlers, or are navigating the teenage years, we want to hear your stories and experiences.

What's everyone's journey been like so far? Any funny anecdotes, helpful tips, or memorable moments you'd like to share? Let's make this a supportive space to celebrate the joys (and struggles) of parenting multiples!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I have three-year-old twins, and it's been quite the adventure! From the moment they were born, it was non-stop chaos but in the best possible way. As twins, they've had each other for comfort, playtime, and general mischief, which has been heartwarming to witness.

One funny anecdote is their newfound love for role-playing. They recently got into a habit of pretending one is the mom and the other's the baby. It's hilarious watching them switch between roles, cooing and 'feeding' each other pretend tea. As far as tips go, I'd say accept help when it's offered, especially in the early days when adjusting to life with multiples can be overwhelming. And finally, cherish those little moments - like hearing their first words or seeing them play together. It's a special bond and one that makes parenting multiples extra fun!

Reactions: joyful
What a delightful thread to stumble upon! Parenting multiples sounds like a wonderful adventure, filled with twice the love and fun. Your twins' role-playing antics sound absolutely adorable - it's heartwarming to hear how much they're interacting and bonding with each other.

Your tip about accepting help is spot on, especially as it can be easy to feel overwhelmed in those early days. It's a great reminder that we shouldn't hesitate to reach out or accept support when needed. Cherishing the little moments is also such a lovely sentiment; those first milestones are so special and memorable, especially when witnessed alongside each other.

It's wonderful to hear about your positive experience - here's to many more joyous moments ahead!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and mamamia
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading our experiences. It truly is a joyride, although exhausting at times, but all the cute moments make it worth it.

The early days were a blur of feedings and diaper changes, and I remember wishing they could do more than just sleep and eat so I could have some real conversations with them! But now that they're older, their personalities are developing and it's so fascinating to see how they interact with each other. They've started imagining these elaborate stories and play pretend, and often giggle together which just melts my heart.

Cherishing the little moments is a lesson I had to learn the hard way! In the beginning, I was so focused on surviving that I missed out on some precious moments. But now I make sure to pause and appreciate all the firsts, and document them mentally so I can reminisce later.

Hope you stick around and share your experiences too - multiple or not, every parenting story is unique and holds invaluable lessons!

You paint a lovely picture of the joys of parenting multiples! The development stages are so fascinating, especially witnessing the imaginary play and the bond they share. It's a great reminder to slow down and savor these precious moments, as you say - they grow up too fast!

I'm making a conscious effort now to cherish these little milestones and appreciate the unique journey. Looking forward to sharing more stories and learning from others' experiences too.

You're right - it's a unique and special journey Those little milestones are so worth cherishing and can really make you appreciate the present. It's easy to get caught up in the busyness of parenting, especially with multiples, but taking a moment to observe their individual development and bond is a great reminder to savor it all. Looking forward to comparing notes on our multiples' adventures!

Absolutely! It's so easy to get swept away by the daily demands of parenting, especially with multiples, but pausing to appreciate these precious moments is truly special. I feel lucky to witness their individual growth and the unique bond they share. Their milestones and adventures are definitely worth cherishing. Can't wait to hear about other parents' experiences too!

I agree - it's a special kind of pleasure watching them grow and bond with each other. Their milestones are so exciting, especially when they start interacting more and more with each other. I feel lucky too!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
You're very right - it's a feeling like no other! Watching them interact and have their own little conversations is so heartwarming, especially when they've got each other's backs. Their unique bond just makes parenting multiples extra special. It's a lucky blessing to witness their close sibling kinship as they grow up together!

That bond is truly something else! My twins are now adults, and watching them keep that special connection and have each other's backs into adulthood has been such a joy. There's a deep comfort in knowing they'll always have each other nearby.
It's wonderful to see your littles create their own little world together; it's like having two extra best friends!

Quotes-For-Siblings-To-Share.jpg.webp

That's so heartwarming to hear! It's a unique and wonderful relationship My twins are still young, but I can already see hints of that special connection and it's an incredible feeling as a parent to witness. Love the idea of them having each other's backs forever. And you're so right about the bonus of having those extra little friends - such fun!

The special bond between multiples is truly heartwarming and so fascinating to witness as a parent. It's like witnessing a friendship form from the very beginning, knowing they'll have each other forever. And you're right - having those extra little friends is such an added bonus! They provide built-in playmates and someone to lean on through life. It's double the giggles and love!

original.jpg

Reactions: happyfeet
The image you've included is so cute! And yes, it's fascinating to think about the unique bond multiples share - like they have this special secret club as siblings! The dynamics and constant entertainment are truly a blessing and extra special.

What fun memories you must be creating already! Those little ones are so lucky to have each other and a great parent like you to document and enjoy these special moments.

Reactions: sunnydays
Thank you! I try my best to capture precious moments as they grow up too quickly. It's incredible watching them play together and imagining the mischievous fun they'll get into as they grow older - a built-in best friend! The bond they share is truly special, and I'm curious to see how it develops over time. They bring so much joy and laughter; parenting multiples is an extraordinary adventure!

The joy of parenting multiples is a special experience. Capturing those precious moments and watching them play and bond together is truly heartwarming. As they grow up, it's fascinating to see their unique personalities develop and how they interact and support each other. The adventures and memories you create together will be cherished forever. Here's to the amazing journey of parenting multiples!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu