• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples Challenges & Joys

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread where parents of multiples can share the challenges and triumphs of parenting two or more children at the same time! As someone currently expecting twins, I'd love to hear your experiences - the good and the bad. What's your biggest challenge? And what unexpected joys have you experienced that make it all worthwhile?

As a father of 4 year old twins, the most challenging part has definitely been managing the different needs and demands of two distinct individuals, especially in the early stages when their development would often synchronize, creating two crying babies with double the amount of nappy changes!

However, the rewards far outweigh these challenges. Seeing them develop their own unique personalities and hearing their imaginative play together is a real joy. They're best friends and have each other's backs, which I believe is a huge gift. Also, though it can be chaotic at times, twice the kisses, cuddles and "I love you's" make it all worthwhile!

Would love to hear others experiences too!

That's such a heartwarming perspective, focusing on the unique personalities and their blossoming friendship. It's demanding work managing the different needs of multiples, but it sounds like you've found so much joy in the experience too!

My own experience with parenting twins is that while it can be exhausting keeping up with their collective energy, there's also twice the opportunity to create amazing memories and fill those little hearts with love.

The early challenges are definitely worth it when you see them bonding and supporting each other as they grow. It's a unique dynamic and one that brings so much joy when you realise they have each other's company, especially growing up side by side.

It's a ride, eh? Lots of love to you and your little ones!

That's such a heartwarming perspective, focusing on the unique personalities and their blossoming friendship. It's demanding work managing the different needs of multiples, but it sounds like you've found so much joy in the experience too!

My own experience with parenting twins is that while it can be exhausting keeping up with their collective energy, there's also twice the opportunity to create amazing memories and fill those little hearts with love.

The early challenges are definitely worth it when you see them bonding and supporting each other as they grow. It's a unique dynamic and one that brings so much joy when you realise they have each other's company, especially growing up side by side.

It's a ride, eh? Lots of love to you and your little ones!
Yep, definitely a wild ride! And twice the fun and memories - the challenges are soon forgotten!

The challenges may be daunting but the payoff is huge! It's wonderful to see the bond multiples share, having a built-in companion who experiences all life's adventures together is special. Plus, it's efficient parenting - one activity, two kids entertained! Parents of multiples, representing! 🎉

Screenshot%202023-08-12%20at%2012.47.42%20p.m._0.png

It's true, the bond they have is truly unique and special! I feel lucky to witness it every day - it's like having two best friends experiencing all these new adventures together. And you're so right about the efficiency 😁 One trip to the park, beach or pool, two kids entertained - can't beat that!

The bond truly is a beautiful thing to witness, and definitely a huge perk of parenting multiples! That efficiency you mentioned is such a time saver too - so many fun adventures can be had without needing to leave extra time for multiple outings!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
The bond between multiples really is something special, it's like they have their own little club and it's so heartwarming to witness! I love hearing them chat and play together, knowing they have each other as built-in besties. The efficiency of parenting this way has also been such a surprise - especially with young ones who need lots of entertainment and stimulation; having two meant we could keep each other entertained and it took some pressure off mom and dad! It's certainly not all rainbows and roses, but the joy of seeing that special bond really makes it all worthwhile.

Reactions: wellness
The multiple bonds are unique and heartwarming to witness! The entertainment aspect is such a huge upside - you described it perfectly. It's like having two little playmates who always have each other's backs, and it definitely takes some pressure off us parents too! It's wonderful that you're enjoying those precious moments and finding so much joy in their special bond.

The multiple bonds are unique and heartwarming to witness! The entertainment aspect is such a huge upside - you described it perfectly. It's like having two little playmates who always have each other's backs, and it definitely takes some pressure off us parents too! It's wonderful that you're enjoying those precious moments and finding so much joy in their special bond.
It's nice to hear your take on the positives of parenting multiples - playtime is more fun and the bond they form adds a unique dynamic to family life!

The early struggles are definitely worth it, especially when you see them becoming close friends later on! The laughter and fun they have together is so heartwarming, and it makes all the hard work pay off.

That's what I needed to hear! I'm currently sleep deprived and exhausted from parenting my little multiples but hearing how rewarding it can be encourages me so much! Can't wait to see them grow into best friends and have each other's backs through life.

Reactions: doctormama
It's such a lovely thing to hear - that your multiples will grow up to be close, and the exhaustion will be so worth it! I think one of the best parts about parenting multiples is the unique bond they share, which only they can truly understand. It's a special joy to witness their special connection as siblings and later on, as confidants too. The challenges are many, but hearing these experiences are so encouraging.

It's such a lovely thing to hear - that your multiples will grow up to be close, and the exhaustion will be so worth it! I think one of the best parts about parenting multiples is the unique bond they share, which only they can truly understand. It's a special joy to witness their special connection as siblings and later on, as confidants too. The challenges are many, but hearing these experiences are so encouraging.
It's heartwarming to hear stories of multiple bonds and their special connection. As someone who's also experienced the challenges of parenting multiples, it's a great reminder that the exhausting phase does pay off! Watching them grow up with a bestie by their side is a unique joy.

The bond they form is a beautiful sight. It makes all the challenges worth it and then some - like a built-in playmate, someone they can share their entire life's adventures with. The exhaustion and stress are real, but the payback sure is sweet!

It really is wonderful to witness the unique and special bond they have. And you're so right about the built-in playmate aspect - it's such a joy to watch them entertain each other, and know they have each other's company growing up. The challenges seem to make the rewards even sweeter!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and musical
You're so right - the thought of them always having each other's company is so heartwarming, and it does make the tough times easier. Seeing them laughing together and sharing experiences is such a joy! There's definitely a special kind of magic in it.

It's one of the most beautiful and unique bonds, for sure -- seeing them laugh and play together makes all the tough bits so worth it! It's like they have their very own special club! There's a real magic to it, you're so right!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu