• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Insights

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Some things I've found from personal experience:

- You can never have too many diapers, and they go quicker than you think! Stock up when you see a good deal.

- A baby carrier is so useful for keeping your hands free, especially if you have an active toddler too—it's the only way I could get things done around the house with two little ones.

- Don't be scared to ask for help or accept offers of help from family and friends. Those first few weeks are tough and it's nice to have an extra pair of hands!

- If you're bottle feeding, invest in a good sterilizers and plenty of cleaning gear—you'd be surprised how often you'll use them!

What's your insight for other parents? Any must-have items or tips that have helped you along the way?

Reactions: luciana
I'd add that having a soothing, calming routine for bedtime is golden. A consistent sleep schedule with a relaxing bath and quiet activities beforehand really helps. Also, baby massage is a wonderful way to bond and relax your little one before bed.

Sunflower has some great advice there! I agree that a consistent sleep routine is so important. Having a relaxing pre-bed ritual like a massage can really help. And it's a lovely way to connect too.

Sunflower has some great advice there! I agree that a consistent sleep routine is so important. Having a relaxing pre-bed ritual like a massage can really help. And it's a lovely way to connect too.
TS has some awesome tips! The sleep routine is so true - a good pre-bed ritual can make a world of difference and create special bonding moments too.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wisdom
TS has some awesome tips! The sleep routine is so true - a good pre-bed ritual can make a world of difference and create special bonding moments too.
Another thing to add to the list is creating a soothing bedtime routine - this can help in a big way when it comes to getting some shut-eye!

Another thing to add to the list is creating a soothing bedtime routine - this can help in a big way when it comes to getting some shut-eye!
OP has some great insights there! A consistent bedtime routine can be a lifesaver - we did that when our little one was younger and it made such a difference getting them to sleep through the night early on.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
TS has some great advice for new parents! In addition to having a bedtime routine, an early eat-play-sleep schedule also helped my little ones develop good habits. It taught them the difference between day and night and, like TS said, made sure they got enough rest.

giphy.gif

sunflower has some solid tips there! Schedule and routine are big helps in the early stages - teaches the little ones structure right from the start. Also, the diapers and sterilization points are on point; you can never be too prepared when it comes to those!

giphy.gif

OP's insights are great - a routine is so important for little ones to learn structure! And that gif though, SO CUTE! Diapers and sterilization save the day; no one ever regrets being prepared in that department!

giphy.gif

Reactions: lioness
sunnydays has a point - diapers and sterilization are absolutely crucial! You never know when you'll run out of diapers and be in a mad dash to the store at 2 am. And that gif is too adorable; TS sunflower, did you find that having a routine helped your little one adjust better?

Reactions: nature and joyful
TS sunflower,

Having a solid routine definitely helped my LO. It gave her an understanding of what to expect each day, which meant she was less fussy and more relaxed. It also made it easier for me to plan my day and get organized!

giphy.gif

The gif is adorbs - every parent's dream to have a giggly tot like that!
sunnydays, sunflower has some great insights! I especially agree with her point about having a routine - it's so important to establish good habits early on and ensure the little ones get adequate rest. An eat-play-sleep schedule is a great way to start!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu