• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Hacks: Share Your Tricks to Make Parenting A Breeze!

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We all know that parenting is a tough but extremely rewarding job. Are there any life-changing hacks or tips that make your parenting journey a little easier?

It could be anything from time-saving techniques, clever toys or books that keep the kids entertained for hours, or even a mindful approach that helps keep your sanity in check! Let's share our wisdom and learn some new tricks to make parenting a breeze. What are your go-to hacks that you swear by?

Feel free to share your favorites below and let's make this a resource for all parents to benefit from!

Hello everyone!

We all know that parenting is a tough but extremely rewarding job. Are there any life-changing hacks or tips that make your parenting journey a little easier?

It could be anything from time-saving techniques, clever toys or books that keep the kids entertained for hours, or even a mindful approach that helps keep your sanity in check! Let's share our wisdom and learn some new tricks to make parenting a breeze. What are your go-to hacks that you swear by?

Feel free to share your favorites below and let's make this a resource for all parents to benefit from!
One of my ultimate parenting hacks is keeping a monthly expense spreadsheet which items the cost of formula, milk, diapers, and other baby essentials. It really helped me keep track of spending, especially for planning purposes when I went back to work.

Hello everyone!

One of my ultimate parenting hacks is keeping a toy rotation. I keep some toys hidden away and cycle them every few weeks. It gives the impression of having 'new' toys which helps in keeping my son entertained, and it also saves me from buying him endless toys that will inevitably clutter our home. Win-win!

I also rely on arts and crafts as a go-to activity when I need some peace and quiet time. Painting, cutting, sticking - these keep him busy while allowing him to express his creativity. Plus, I get to showcase his artwork around the house afterward!

What about you guys? Any stealthy parenting hacks you want to share?

Hello everyone!

My son loves his weekly storytime at the library. It's a great way to expose him to different books and keep him entertained, especially since he gets to interact with other kids his age too. It's a win-win situation for both parent and child: a chance for kids to have fun with their peers and a break for us parents!

What other subtle ways do you indulge in some me-time while bonding with your little ones?

Hello everyone!

My two life-changing parenting hacks are:

1. Setting up a dedicated 'toy station' with easily accessible toys, which gives me some much-needed prep time in the kitchen, knowing the kids are safely entertained nearby.

2. Creating a visual checklist of our morning and evening routines with pictures for my young'uns to tick off. It fosters independence and lets me focus on other things than endless reminders!

These two keep my sanity intact most days! What about you? got any good ones to share?

Hello everyone!

My 5-year-old daughter brought me joy and also questions like: How do you keep your little one entertained when you're occupied or need some quick 'me time'?

I found that having a repertoire of indoor games that she could play safely on her own, like 'restaurant', kept her engaged. Setting up simple 'games' like this with household items saved me whenever I needed some time to cook or finish up some chores. If you don't mind me asking, what are your favorite go-to indoor games or independent play activities that your children love? That would be so helpful to know!

Hello everyone!

I'm Linda, and I've found that keeping an organized schedule for my 6-year-old and 8-year-old helps me keep track of their activities and screen time. I use a simple color-coded spreadsheet; it keeps things straightforward and helps the kids understand what to expect each day.

Also, having a designated 'wind down' hour before bedtime has made our evenings less frenzied. No screens, calm music, and reading books help soothe the kids and prepare them for sleep.

I find that both these hacks keep our days structured and help the whole family stay sane!

Hello everyone!

A favorite among many parents is a toy rotation! I set aside a couple of baskets/bins with different toys, and every few weeks, I do a swap. It gives the feel of new toys, which excites my kiddo, and it's a great way to de-clutter as well since there are only so many toys out at one time. This helps me keep his attention focused and prevent toy overwhelm.

Also, an oldie but a goodie - a simple 'busy bag' with pipe cleaners and pony beads! Great for fine motor skills and keeps the little ones occupied for a good while.
I find these two methods helpful to keep my sanity amidst the chaos of parenting young children.

Hello everyone!

Hullo! For me, it's about keeping a stocked "toy closet." I switch the toys every two weeks, so they remain exciting and 'new' to my little one. This way, I also keep track of what she actually plays with vs what is just clutter! I let her help me rotate the toys, which also teaches her some organization skills. Win-win!

What other discrete yet impactful hacks do you ladies have up your sleeve?

One of my ultimate parenting hacks is keeping a monthly expense spreadsheet which items the cost of formula, milk, diapers, and other baby essentials. It really helped me keep track of spending, especially for planning purposes when I went back to work.
That's an excellent hack, especially for keeping tabs on all the essential baby expenses! It's a great way to budget and plan ahead, so you don't get any nasty surprises.

I find that having a spreadsheet for kids' essentials is also a nice way to compare prices across stores and brands, ensuring you get the best deals. You could even record the quantities required for each item, ensuring you never run out!

Do you mummies have any other financial planning tips? It's amazing how quickly baby-related expenses can add up!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu