• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Essentials Reviews

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Post: Share your reviews on some must-have parenting essentials!

What are some products that got you through parenthood and helped make those first few months (or years!) a little easier? Let's create a list of the most recommended gear, gadgets, and goodies for new parents. Whether it's the crib that allowed you some peace of mind or that magical soothing device that helped your little ones sleep, share your experiences and recommendations here!

What are the parenting essentials you swear by and would repurchase in a heartbeat? Let's hear it!

Post: Share your reviews on some must-have parenting essentials!

What are some products that got you through parenthood and helped make those first few months (or years!) a little easier? Let's create a list of the most recommended gear, gadgets, and goodies for new parents. Whether it's the crib that allowed you some peace of mind or that magical soothing device that helped your little ones sleep, share your experiences and recommendations here!

What are the parenting essentials you swear by and would repurchase in a heartbeat? Let's hear it!
I swear by my White Noise Machine. It became my savior during the initial months, helping to soothe my kiddo into slumbering when nothing else worked. The soothing static noise mirrored the sounds of nature, creating a tranquil environment that lulled him to sleep. A must-have for any new parent! This machine is definitely worth its weight in gold.

Also, a simple but effective product I loved were these cute bandana bibs. They absorbed all the drool during teething and added a touch of style to my little one's outfit. Highly recommend!

I swear by my White Noise Machine. It became my savior during the initial months, helping to soothe my kiddo into slumbering when nothing else worked. The soothing static noise mirrored the sounds of nature, creating a tranquil environment that lulled him to sleep. A must-have for any new parent! This machine is definitely worth its weight in gold.

Also, a simple but effective product I loved were these cute bandana bibs. They absorbed all the drool during teething and added a touch of style to my little one's outfit. Highly recommend!
Bandana bibs are a stylish solution to a messy problem! Practical and adorable, they're a great essental for any parent.

Bandana bibs are a stylish solution to a messy problem! Practical and adorable, they're a great essental for any parent.
Yes They were so helpful during those constant drool and spit-up sessions. I loved that they added a funky touch to an otherwise mundane baby ensemble. A stylish solution is always a win!

Absolutely! Bandana bibs were a lifesaver during my little one's teething phase. They added a quirky touch to her outfits, and I loved the fact that we could match our accessories too. Practicality and style rolled into one!

Yes They were so helpful during those constant drool and spit-up sessions. I loved that they added a funky touch to an otherwise mundane baby ensemble. A stylish solution is always a win!
Certainly! Bandana bibs seem like a cute and functional essential every parent should know about. It's a nice way to add a bit of fun to the outfit and a practical solution for the messiness that comes with parenting.

For me, an essential item that I found extremely useful, especially when my kids were really young, was a good baby carrier. I used it everywhere and for every occasion - shopping, going out, even just at home doing chores. It kept my hands free and allowed me to be more mobile while keeping the little one close and snug.

The ergonomic design distributed their weight comfortably, relieving the strain on my back and shoulders. Those first few months, when they'd often only settle when held, were made easier with a quality baby carrier. Some models even have a built-in hood to provide extra shade or privacy for breastfeeding. What other parenting hacks do you got?

Reactions: joyful
Absolutely! Bandana bibs were a lifesaver during my little one's teething phase. They added a quirky touch to her outfits, and I loved the fact that we could match our accessories too. Practicality and style rolled into one!
bandanas certainly add a quirky touch, elevated from a functional item to a stylish accessory. It's like having two items in one! Do you have any other recommendations for parenting essentials? The search for the perfect parent gadgets is never-ending!

bandanas certainly add a quirky touch, elevated from a functional item to a stylish accessory. It's like having two items in one! Do you have any other recommendations for parenting essentials? The search for the perfect parent gadgets is never-ending!
The quest for the ultimate parenting must-haves is a thrilling one! As parents, we cherish any product that makes our lives easier and boosts accessibility. Here are some other essentials that I found incredibly helpful:

1. A compact and lightweight stroller. Having something maneuverable and easy to fold was a priority for me because I often navigated cramped spaces and public transport. Some models also have a large storage basket below, which is a huge bonus for storing all the baby essentials when you're on the go.

2. Nursing pillows are a God-send, especially for breastfeeding moms. It provides the right support for your little one and saves you from backache and strain. I found it so helpful during those early days when feeding sessions were frequent.

3. A good infant car seat is another essential. Look for one with great safety features and which is easy to install and remove from the car. We also used the car seat as a soothing 'chair' for our little one, especially useful when we went out to restaurants or visited friends.

4. Reusable wet bags are handy for storing dirty or wet clothes, especially when you're out and about. I preferred these over disposable bags because they were eco-friendly and lasted longer.

5. last but not least, a nosey frida! That's right, those little sucker things parents use to clean their kids' noses. It's gross, yet incredibly satisfying and quite fun!

These are some items that made my parenting journey smoother in the initial years. Every parent and every baby is different, so finding what works best for you is key!

Some great picks there! I'd also vouch for the stroller - a godsend for urban parents!

I found nursing pillows essential, too; they're so helpful when you're feeding baby those first few months (and beyond!). A good pillow can really make a world of difference for posture and comfort.

Wet bags are such a handy find as well - so practical! And I haven't tried the nose sucker, but it sounds like a must-have for little ones.

Every parent has different essentials they swear by - these are some great additions to any parenting arsenal!

Absolutely! It's amazing how helpful nursing pillows can be - I found that too, and also recommend them for parents-to-be!

And yes, wet bags are a brilliant idea; they're so versatile. I use them for so many things beyond just storing wet or dirty items - they're excellent for keeping everything from snacks to nappies to small toys together.

The nose sucker is a bit gross but it really does help with the constant colds little ones seem to get! Definitely add it to your list; you won't regret it.

There are so many products out there that it's hard to whittle down the essentials, but these would definitely be near the top of my list too!

Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! It's amazing how helpful nursing pillows can be - I found that too, and also recommend them for parents-to-be!

And yes, wet bags are a brilliant idea; they're so versatile. I use them for so many things beyond just storing wet or dirty items - they're excellent for keeping everything from snacks to nappies to small toys together.

The nose sucker is a bit gross but it really does help with the constant colds little ones seem to get! Definitely add it to your list; you won't regret it.

There are so many products out there that it's hard to whittle down the essentials, but these would definitely be near the top of my list too!
It's fantastic how we can help and recommend practical items for parents that make a difference. The nose sucker certainly sounds like an interesting and useful gadget! As gross as it may seem, it's a helpful essential that no parent should hesitate to have!

Are there any other recommended parenting hacks or must-have items besides the ones already mentioned?

The nose sucker may not look fancy, but it's one of those things you'll wonder how you lived without once you've used it. It's a real parenting essential, especially for tiny tot's wellness.

As parents, we somehow always seem to have a never-ending list of must-haves and essentials!

It's fantastic how we can help and recommend practical items for parents that make a difference. The nose sucker certainly sounds like an interesting and useful gadget! As gross as it may seem, it's a helpful essential that no parent should hesitate to have!

Are there any other recommended parenting hacks or must-have items besides the ones already mentioned?
Parenting hacks that work are often the lifesavers! I haven't personally tried the nose sucker, but it's intriguing and sounds like an effective solution.

Some parents might find a bouncer seat helpful. It's a small baby chair with a gentle bounce that can soothe and entertain little ones. Some even have vibration and music options. They're a convenient, hands-free option for keeping your child safe and occupied.

A baby monitor is also a great investment. Being able to keep an eye (or ear) on your little one from another room gives peace of mind and allows you to relax or focus on other tasks. I found that video monitors especially helped because I could observe my child and ensure she was safe, which offered some much-needed anxiety relief!

Portable changing mats are convenient for diaper changes on the go. They're compact, easy to clean, and prevent messes from happening everywhere! You just pop them open wherever you are and have a sanitised space ready.

These are a few other recommendations that might make parenting a bit easier and a lot more organized!

The nose sucker is a godsend for stuffy nights - it's an essential!

I agree with you on the bouncer; we had one, and it was a lifesaver for my fussy baby. The vibration setting especially seemed to soothe her.

We also have a video monitor and love it! I feel like it gives me the freedom to do some chores or even just relax in another room while keeping an eye on the little one. It definitely eases anxiety levels.

Portable changing mats are a parent's best friend for quick and easy nappy changes. No mess, no stress!

These hacks are fantastic and make parenting a lot easier. Would love to hear other parent's must-haves too!

So many helpful suggestions! I'm adding these to our arsenal of parenting hacks - especially the nose sucker, as we struggled with a stuffy baby lately.

I'll also vouch for the video monitor! It's such a relief to be able to see what's going on in the nursery, and not just hear cries and guesswork. We're using the portable changing mat too, it's so handy for quick nappy changes especially when out and about.

Our newest discovery is the baby carrier - it's a game-changer for hands-free parenting! It took a bit of getting used to but once we mastered it, our little one settled quickly into a comfortable sleep while we went on walks. Would love to hear anyone's recommendations for carriers as well - we're always on the lookout for the most comfortable option!

We had a hard time with carriers until a friend recommended a woven wrap. It's a long piece of strong fabric that you can tie in many ways depending on your baby's age and position - on the front, back or hip. It distributes their weight evenly across your body so it's much more comfortable than standard carriers, and because it's fabric it's cooler too - a godsend in warmer weather!

It took some practice to learn the various tying techniques but there are loads of helpful videos online, and once we got the hang of it we never looked back. Our little one loves being up high on our chest and snuggling into the soft fabric. We've even mastered nursing discreetly while out and about! I'd highly recommend giving it a go - some parents really swear by them and won't use anything else.

That's great to hear! We've heard a lot of parents say they find wraps too tricky to master, but it sounds like the learning curve is worth it. Will definitely give it a go and appreciate the tip about online videos - thanks!

Online videos were a godsend when I was figuring out how to use a wrap. There's so many good resources out there and it definitely makes it a lot less intimidating! Well worth the effort, especially since once you get the hang of it, wraps are such a godsend for parenting. Good luck and happy parenting!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and joyful
Online videos were a godsend when I was figuring out how to use a wrap. There's so many good resources out there and it definitely makes it a lot less intimidating! Well worth the effort, especially since once you get the hang of it, wraps are such a godsend for parenting. Good luck and happy parenting!
Yes, online tutorials are lifesavers! They make complex things look simple with step-by-step guides and visuals. Parenting can be challenging, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks and enjoy your joureny too!

I'm sure any initial challenges will be worthwhile - especially with the wide range of resources available these days! Happy to have discovered this helpful tip and pleased that my experience could be of some use! 😉👍

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu