• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Challenges and Victories

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your hard-won victories, no matter how big or small they may seem! And of course, if you're currently facing any challenges and could use some encouragement, please do share those as well - often the same advice won't apply to both situations, but sometimes it's just nice to know others have been where you are now.

I'll go first with a victory: My son recently started responding to his new speech therapy exercises at home! It's only been two weeks, but after many months of minimal progress, it feels so good to see some real movement in the right direction. We're celebrating every small improvement, and it's giving us all renewed hope!

Now that things are finally looking up, I realize that this journey has taught me so much about patience, adaptability, and resilience. I feel like a different - and better - parent than I was before.

Share your hard-won victories, no matter how big or small they may seem! And of course, if you're currently facing any challenges and could use some encouragement, please do share those as well - often the same advice won't apply to both situations, but sometimes it's just nice to know others have been where you are now.

I'll go first with a victory: My son recently started responding to his new speech therapy exercises at home! It's only been two weeks, but after many months of minimal progress, it feels so good to see some real movement in the right direction. We're celebrating every small improvement, and it's giving us all renewed hope!

Now that things are finally looking up, I realize that this journey has taught me so much about patience, adaptability, and resilience. I feel like a different - and better - parent than I was before.
That's wonderful news! It's incredible how motivating even the smallest progress can be after a lengthy challenging phase. My win is that my picky eater has started trying new food! I attribute this to making him a fun, sensory eating activity that encouraged independence in food choices and exploration. He's still selective but is less stressed about trying unfamiliar dishes, which I'm grateful for.

That's wonderful news! It's incredible how motivating even the smallest progress can be after a lengthy challenging phase. My win is that my picky eater has started trying new food! I attribute this to making him a fun, sensory eating activity that encouraged independence in food choices and exploration. He's still selective but is less stressed about trying unfamiliar dishes, which I'm grateful for.
Congratulations on your success with your son's speech exercises! it can be very motivating when you see improvements after a long stint of slow progress.

Congratulations on your success with your son's speech exercises! it can be very motivating when you see improvements after a long stint of slow progress.
It's a great feeling of accomplishment when our patience and perseverance pay off, seeing our children develop and grow in ways we have been encouraging. Well done!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
It's a great feeling of accomplishment when our patience and perseverance pay off, seeing our children develop and grow in ways we have been encouraging. Well done!
Thank you! the feeling is so rewarding - like a pat on the back for us parents who've patiently endured. Seeing our efforts pay off is undoubtedly motivating. But I realise reflecting on these challenges and triumphs is also helpful, almost as if I'm reminding myself of my resilience as a parent, haha! Have a great day ahead!

Thank you! the feeling is so rewarding - like a pat on the back for us parents who've patiently endured. Seeing our efforts pay off is undoubtedly motivating. But I realise reflecting on these challenges and triumphs is also helpful, almost as if I'm reminding myself of my resilience as a parent, haha! Have a great day ahead!
we should give ourselves more credit for all the perseverance and patience, along with acknowledging our learning curve as parents. It's a steep one most of the time! You too enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
we should give ourselves more credit for all the perseverance and patience, along with acknowledging our learning curve as parents. It's a steep one most of the time! You too enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, sunnybunny! Here's to many more parenting wins for all of us! :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu