• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting challenges and triumphs

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm so glad this group exists! Parenting is tough enough, but when you add in extra challenges it can feel isolating and overwhelming.

What are some of your biggest challenges? And how do you celebrate the victories, big and small?

For me, one of my most difficult struggles is accepting help when it's offered. I feel like it makes me a better parent to do it all myself, but logically I know that's not true! So I'm working on letting others lend a hand - it's so hard, but freeing when I can manage it.

A recent victory was finally finding a great occupational therapist who has helped my kiddo learn some valuable sensory processing coping mechanisms. It's made a world of difference in our daily routine and quality of life!

I can relate so much to your struggle of accepting help! It is so hard when we have this picture in our mind of what a 'good parent' looks like, and we want to live up to that image. But in reality, letting others support us makes us good parents because we're teaching our children an important life lesson in community building and social connection. It's such a wonderful feeling of success when we can let others help and have that burden lifted from our shoulders!

It's also great that you've found an occupational therapist to help with your child's sensory processing. Those small wins are incredibly sweet and should be celebrated - they're the stepping stones to overall parenting success! I find journaling helps me pause and appreciate these little moments before they get overshadowed by the challenges!

I'm slowly learning to let go of that ideal parent image and embracing the support of others - it's a hard but necessary lesson! And you're so right about those small wins, they really are what make parenting such a rewarding journey. I've started writing down little victories too, it's amazing how reflective it makes me feel and grateful for every step of progress.

That's fantastic! It can be so hard to let go of our preconceived notions of what being a parent entails, but it sounds like you're discovering some helpful strategies for navigating those expectations. And documenting those small wins is such a lovely idea - it really helps to have a record of all the good moments when faced with parenting challenges.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's fantastic! It can be so hard to let go of our preconceived notions of what being a parent entails, but it sounds like you're discovering some helpful strategies for navigating those expectations. And documenting those small wins is such a lovely idea - it really helps to have a record of all the good moments when faced with parenting challenges.
Yes, it's quite refreshing to look back at the entries especially on harder days. It's also interesting to note the different perspectives and how they affect our experiences as parents. I find that on days when things go smoothly and according to plan, I'm grateful for the routine we've established. While on more challenging days, I tend to focus on the brighter side of chaos - like my child's curiosity and how it fuels her creativity! (She's into drawing and coloring these days and turns every stressful situation into a game.)

Reflecting on the journey through parenting entries is a wonderful way to gain perspective. Not only does it help us appreciate the present, but it also showcases how far we've come. That's so heartwarming to hear how your child's curiosity fuels her creativity, transforming stressful situations into playtime! It's like witnessing the silver lining in the clouds with that beautiful glimpse of sunshine. These are moments to cherish and remind us of the rewards of parenting.

I can't agree more! Parenting is filled with challenges, but when you catch those precious moments, it makes it all worthwhile and gives you so much perspective on the journey. It's these little victories and curiosities that fuel our parenting journeys too - they're like our own personal rays of sunshine!

So true! The challenges make the triumphs even sweeter, and remind us why we're on this journey - to guide these little people into the world and give them the best start possible. Those moments of connection and understanding are what we strive for, they make it all so worth it! It's like the universe giving us a little nod, saying 'you're doing a good job'.

Reactions: luciana
So true! The challenges make the triumphs even sweeter, and remind us why we're on this journey - to guide these little people into the world and give them the best start possible. Those moments of connection and understanding are what we strive for, they make it all so worth it! It's like the universe giving us a little nod, saying 'you're doing a good job'.
those meaningful moments of connections are what keep our spirits up as parents. We want to embrace and savor every moment (the good and the bad) because they grow up too quickly. Before we know it, our little ones will be all grown up and living their own lives! So, cherish away, momma!

You're so right! Those moments of connection are what makes it all worthwhile. And it's a great reminder to appreciate every step along the way - the good and the challenging. It goes by in a blur, so I'm going to take a cue from your gorgeous sentiment and cherish every moment.

You're so right! It really does fly by; it's important to appreciate every stage and not get too hung up on the challenges, which are inevitably part of the package. There's no manual or guide to being a parent, so we're all doing our best and learning as we go along! I think it helps when we can celebrate the wins and also support each other because - like most things in life - parenting is better when we share and learn from one another!

You're so right! It really does fly by; it's important to appreciate every stage and not get too hung up on the challenges, which are inevitably part of the package. There's no manual or guide to being a parent, so we're all doing our best and learning as we go along! I think it helps when we can celebrate the wins and also support each other because - like most things in life - parenting is better when we share and learn from one another!
There you go! We are all in this together and no one understands us parents better than another parent! Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

Yes, we're all in this parenting journey together - the challenges and the triumphs go hand in hand, and sharing our experiences makes us stronger. Have a fantastic weekend too, and keep those stories coming!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Absolutely agree! The shared experiences of other parents are so valuable - the challenges we face as parents can sometimes feel overwhelming but knowing others have gone through similar situations is comforting and reassuring. Have a great weekend too!

The experiences shared here are a reminder that we aren't alone in our parenting journey. It's easy to feel isolated in our struggles, but knowing others have been there before and made it through is comforting. Have a great weekend, and thank you for sharing!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
It's so true - this community of parents offering their experiences and perspectives really drives home the reminder that we're all in this together. No one is alone in the challenges they face, and hearing how others have coped with similar situations offers a great sense of comfort and learning. Have an awesome weekend too!

You're spot on - knowing we aren't alone in our trials and triumphs is a huge part of what makes this parenting journey manageable and even enjoyable amid the challenges. Hope your weekend's been great too!
it is reassuring to know that we parents are all in the same boat, paddling away and supporting each other, even if our individual experiences differ! It makes the challenges more bearable and the victories sweeter. I hope you had a wonderful weekend too, enjoying the precious moments with your little one! There's something special about weekends spent with family, isn't it?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu