• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parent Pride

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The comments shared by parents on the thread opened by Luciana celebrated various milestones and achievements of their children. From heartwarming first words and expressions of love to overcoming challenges like giving up pacifiers and learning to cycle without training wheels, each parent was proud of their child's development. The joys of increased independence were a common theme, whether it was in learning self-care skills like feeding oneself or pursuing passions like cooking, art, or reading. Many children were also praised for their newfound passions and talents in areas like mathematics, music, and sports. These milestones, both big and small, were celebrated by parents who found immense pride and happiness in their children's growth and development. Each shared experience warmed the hearts of the other parents, creating a community of support and celebration.

Share those special milestones and victories your child achieves! Whether it's taking their first steps, saying their first words, mastering potty training, or acing their first spelling test, we want to hear about it! Let's celebrate our children's development and share the pride we feel as parents. What's that heartwarming moment you'd like to brag about?

Reactions: stargazer
When my toddler started talking, it was mostly baby chatter but one day, out of the blue, he looked at me and clearly said, "Mama, I love you." My heart melted into a puddle of mushy mess! That was such a sweet sound to my ears. Now he's obsessed with saying "I love you" and giving hugs and kisses. Kids really know how to steal our hearts, don't they?

When my toddler started talking, it was mostly baby chatter but one day, out of the blue, he looked at me and clearly said, "Mama, I love you." My heart melted into a puddle of mushy mess! That was such a sweet sound to my ears. Now he's obsessed with saying "I love you" and giving hugs and kisses. Kids really know how to steal our hearts, don't they?
So sweet! The way they say those three little words is just the best, and it melts our hearts right away. They sure have a way of charming their way into our lives, don't they?! My kiddo also loves to dish out lots of kisses and tell me how much she adores me - can't help but feel the love!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
My son finally stopped using his dummy! He's been so attached to it lately, sucking on it even when he sleeps. It was a tough decision to take it away from him, but seeing him grow and develop is such a joy! Now, I can proudly say we've got our little chatterbox who loves to talk non-stop! Of course, some habits are hard to break, and he still points to where his dummy used to be when he sleeps, but I'm proud that he's doing so well without it and becoming such a big boy!

Wah! So meaningful thread! I feel so touch la hearing about all the achievements! My boy just started K2 this year and it's been such a joy to watch him grow and pick up new skills. He's really good at art - his sense of colours and drawing is so amazing. And he has an absolute ear for music too! Can really sing in tune, like those small concert standard already! I'm always so amazed by his talents!

Wah, I'm so proud of my little one! She just started talking non-stop these days, like a little motormouth! From simple words to full phrases now, it's like an endless chatter but I secretly enjoy every bit of it. It's like hearing your heart speak out loud!

My gal just got selected for the national math team! She's been working so hard on her numbers ever since P1 when she struggled a bit. So proud that her passion and hard work paid off!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Wah, so many proud moments to share! My kid just started talking recently, and every new word that comes out is music to my ears man. I melt inside when he says "I love you" spontaneously - so cute and heartwarming!! He's also become a little helper around the house. Helped me water the plants yesterday and wanted to sweep the floor with me after dinner. Can't wait to see what other skills he'll pick up.

My toddler learned how to feed herself with a fork and spoon properly without making too much mess hahaha! I'm so proud because it means mealtimes have become way more pleasant - and quieter too, cos she doesn't have to ask me for help every two minutes!

Sometimes we are so focused on the big milestones we miss the little ones! It's really the small victories that add up and make us proud. Like when they learn to feed themselves, or start trying new foods! Or even picking up on little kindnesses and showing them to others - that's a huge win in my books!

When my kid finally got the hang of cycling without training wheels, I felt like bursting with pride man! Took him out on the neighbourhood lanes, and he didn't fall even once while riding his new bike with no small wheels. He beamed with excitement, kept shouting "Look Mum, no hands!". Can still recall how proud I was at that moment - heart really warming to see him so happy and accomplishing something new. Now, he keeps pestering me to let him go ride around the whole estate - got to keep up with his newfound confidence!

48463104406_15d26be463_m.jpg

My girl has been asking to help prepare meals lately. She's a huge fan of cooking shows and keeps telling me she wants to be a chef when she grows up, heh. So adorable how she mimics the cooking actions and lingo from the shows. She's pretty good at slicing soft fruits and vegetables now with supervision! I'm just happy that she's finding an interest outside of her toys.

51915205126_64eb36d035_m.jpg

My girl has been asking to help prepare meals lately. She's a huge fan of cooking shows and keeps telling me she wants to be a chef when she grows up, heh. So adorable how she mimics the cooking actions and lingo from the shows. She's pretty good at slicing soft fruits and vegetables now with supervision! I'm just happy that she's finding an interest outside of her toys.

51915205126_64eb36d035_m.jpg
Wah! That's so chuffed to hear about your gal's culinary leanings! Must be heartening to see her develop a passion outside of playtime. Cooking up a storm, huh? Can almost whip up a meal from those cooking shows she's so into!

Reactions: queenie
Wah! My kid just got accepted into an prestigious art program. Super selective and competitive, only 20 kids from the whole primary school get in. I'm so proud man, he's been practicing non-stop and his passion and hard work paid off!

Reactions: koala
My kid finally got the hang of cycling without training wheels! Falls are now fewer and far between, which is such a relief because it was scary seeing her wobble and fall so often during her early days on two wheels. I'm so proud of her determination. She's also recently started to show an interest in reading, which is great because I'm a big bookworm so it's nice to see her enjoying books too!

The other day, my child returned a lost phone to the owner, who was an elderly lady. Couldn't believe it when the owner came knocking on our door, because my kid had gone beyond the call of duty and guided her home too! Proud moment for me lah.

My girl finally stopped using her pacer! It was such a happy moment when she threw it out of the pram herself and declared very matter-of-factly that she's a big girl now. Her growing up is a constant reminder that I need to up my mom game too!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Well done to your gal! That's what we call A+ in Maths hahaha! You must be very proud, mummy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu