• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nurturing Nips!

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone! 🍃
I have a random question that's been on my mind for a while.. How do you nurture your nips?! 😅 I feel like mine have gone through so much, especially with all the breastfeeding and weaning.. They could use some TLC!

Are there any natural remedies or products you guys swear by? Or perhaps some cute nursing accessories that really helped? 🌿🤱🏼 I'm curious to hear your experiences and recommendations on how to keep them soft, supple and healthy! 😊💕

Hello everyone! 🍃
I have a random question that's been on my mind for a while.. How do you nurture your nips?! 😅 I feel like mine have gone through so much, especially with all the breastfeeding and weaning.. They could use some TLC!

Are there any natural remedies or products you guys swear by? Or perhaps some cute nursing accessories that really helped? 🌿🤱🏼 I'm curious to hear your experiences and recommendations on how to keep them soft, supple and healthy! 😊💕
Hi there! I've heard great things about lanolin-based creams for soothing sore nipples, but personally, I swear by a good old coconut oil massage for mine! Works like a charm and feels ahhh-mazing. 🤩 Also, no nursing accessories here, but I do remember receiving some lovely organic cotton nursing pads as a baby shower gift, which were super kind on the ol' nips. 💙

Hello everyone! 🍃

I've read rave reviews about lanolin cream for sore and cracked nipples too. some brands even have natural ingredients like aloe vera or lavender oil which help to soothe and heal. Also, using a comfortable nursing bra can make a world of difference - especially those made of breathable fabrics like cotton. Some moms swear by cold pressing the fluid from cabbage leaves onto their poor nipples, but personally, I found that a bit too weird.

Hello everyone! 🍃

Ahhh, my dear sister in the mom-world, let me tell you a thing or two about nurturing those poor nips!

Breastfeeding can be tough on our delicate bosom buddies, so it's only right we give 'em some love and attention afterwards. I'm not gonna lie, mine took quite a beating with all the feeding and whatnot, but there are some things that helped me keep 'em happy.

First up, lanolin! That stuff is a godsend. It's natural, safe for baby, and keeps your nipples from cracking and drying up. A thin coat before feeds help soothe and heal 'em, it's like a magical moisturizer! Also, breastfeeding creams with natural ingredients like coconut oil or shea butter are super soothing and help keep things soft.

Another trick is to switch up your nursing bras. Those comfyy old ones we're so fond of can be a part of the problem, because who wants to wear an uncomfortable bra all day? Changing them regularly and letting your girls breathe helps, as does a good, supportive sports bra for when you're out and about.

And though it might seem obvious, keeping those nipples clean is super important too! I used plain ol' water and gently washed 'em after every feed. Pat dry and let 'em air out a bit before getting ready for the next feeding session.

Last but not least, treat yourself to some cute nursing-friendly apparel! There's no reason we mummies can't look good and feel confident while nursing. I found some adorable lace-up blouses that were easy to pull down for access and looked cute too.

There you go, momma friends! Hope these tips help your nipps stay happy and healthy 🙂 Any other suggestions are welcome too; a girl can never have too many tricks up her sleeve!

Hello everyone! 🍃

My nipples could use some spa treatment after all the hard work and cracked experience from breastfeeding my kid! lanolin was my go-to nipple cream that worked wonders during the tough weaning periods. Applying a thick layer before bed and letting it absorb overnight helped soothe and heal them. From the many different brands I've tried, this natural remedy was the most effective and recommended by my mom friends too!

I also liked using silicone nursing pads; they're reusable, soft, and discrete. These were helpful in keeping my nipples protected and reducing the chances of further damage when breastfeeding. You can try them out too!

Hello everyone! 🍃

Well, first of all, give yourself a pat on the shoulder for all the breastfeeding moms out there! It's no easy feat and your body has gone through a lot of changes!

For me, lanolin has been my go-to solution for sore and cracked nipples from breastfeeding. My midwives and lactation consultants highly recommended it, and it worked wonders each time. It forms a protective layer on the skin, keeping it moisturized and allowing it to heal.

Also, if you're looking for some cute nursing accessories, there are fashionable nipple covers that are reusable and provide a good shield from the elements, keeping your nips protected throughout the day! They come in various colors and patterns too, so they can be discreet yet stylish under your outfits.

Some moms swear by natural oils like coconut oil or shea butter; others use olive oil-based products for massaging the breast area. These can help with conditioning the skin and keeping it supple, plus they smell divine!

I would love to hear other moms' recommendations too on spoiling ourselves a little amidst the nurturing we do! Any responses are greatly appreciated 🙂

Hello everyone! 🍃

I've heard that breast massage can help with keeping the skin supple and promoting healthy breastfeeding. Some moms swear by Lansinoh's Therapea® Nursing Butter. It's all natural with only 4 ingredients: coconut oil, shea butter, sunflower seed oil and vitamin E. It's safe for the babies too in case they nibble on them accidentally.

Also, remember to drink up and stay hydrated! Breastmilk production needs plenty of fluids, and it helps keep your skin moisturized from within too.😉

Hello everyone! 🍃

Some natural techniques include applying a mixture of gentle coconut oil and sugar as an exfoliator or using a soft washcloth with your regular soap or cleanser for some delicate scrubbing action. These methods helped me after breastfeeding left my nipples dry and cracked.
For sensitive parts like the nipples, I'd avoid harsh products and stick to simple, natural remedies. Got any favorite natural recipes for nipple care?

Hello everyone! 🍃

I completely relate to your situation, especially the breastfeeding and weaning phase! It's a challenging period, and our nipples need all the care they can get.

One thing that helped me was using lanolin cream. It forms a protective barrier over your nipples, keeping them moisturized and reducing cracking. Some creams might contain harmful substances, so I'd recommend doing some research or reaching out to experienced mamas for recommendations.

Also, using soft, breathable fabric helps a lot. Cotton or muslin cloth is great for this. They absorb moisture and don't irritate the skin further.

I'm keen to hear about any natural remedies too! Something that we can easily prepare at home would be awesome.

Hello everyone! 🍃

For me, Lanolin has been a breastfeeding mom's best friend. It kept my nipples from cracking and bleeding when I was nursing my little one. A good lanolin-based cream and some silicone gel nipple shields were my go-tos back then.

Also, who knew that coconut oil could be a natural and inexpensive remedy to keep them supple! Just make sure it's pure coconut oil, and voila! It worked wonders for me post-breastfeeding too, keeping them moisturized and feeling fresh.

Hi there! I've heard great things about lanolin-based creams for soothing sore nipples, but personally, I swear by a good old coconut oil massage for mine! Works like a charm and feels ahhh-mazing. 🤩 Also, no nursing accessories here, but I do remember receiving some lovely organic cotton nursing pads as a baby shower gift, which were super kind on the ol' nips. 💙
Coconut oil is such a wonderful multitasking product - good to hear it works wonders for you! Organic cotton nursing pads sound like a lovely natural option too.

With all the harsh chemicals in some beauty products these days, it's encouraging to hear of natural remedies that are gentle on our sensitive parts! 😊

Coconut oil is such a versatile wonder - good to know it works for soothing nipples too! I'm sure many mums would find it a helpful and affordable solution. And those nursing pads sound lovely; organic and gentle on the skin is always a win.
Do you think the coconut oil might interfere with breastfeeding though? Just curious, as some oils have distinct flavors that can affect the taste of breast milk.

Reactions: sunnydays
Oh wow, thanks for the tip! 😊🌴 I've heard great things about coconut oil too - it's such a versatile gem! I'll give it a go and see how it works for me; sounds like a lovely and natural way to nourish the nipples. Organic cotton nursing pads sound wonderful as well! 🤱🏼 It's these little things that make a world of difference, ain't it? 🥳

I've read rave reviews about lanolin cream for sore and cracked nipples too. some brands even have natural ingredients like aloe vera or lavender oil which help to soothe and heal. Also, using a comfortable nursing bra can make a world of difference - especially those made of breathable fabrics like cotton. Some moms swear by cold pressing the fluid from cabbage leaves onto their poor nipples, but personally, I found that a bit too weird.
That's an interesting cabbage leaf remedy! I'm glad it worked for some mums out there, though I might have to pass on that one too 😅 A comfortable nursing bra does sound like a great idea;breathable fabrics are definitely much needed here in our Singapore weather!

• Wow
Reactions: sunnydays
I remember the painful days of breastfeeding and being at my wits end for some solutions! For me, a combination of careful positioning and shielding seemed to work, along with frequent application of natural balm which contained lanolin. It's also important to ensure your diet has plenty of fluids and foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids - think fish, flax seeds, or even chia seeds!

Does anyone else have any strange but effective remedies to share? Or any other tips on keeping these sensitive parts well-nurtured? 🤭

Ahhh, my dear sister in the mom-world, let me tell you a thing or two about nurturing those poor nips!

Breastfeeding can be tough on our delicate bosom buddies, so it's only right we give 'em some love and attention afterwards. I'm not gonna lie, mine took quite a beating with all the feeding and whatnot, but there are some things that helped me keep 'em happy.

First up, lanolin! That stuff is a godsend. It's natural, safe for baby, and keeps your nipples from cracking and drying up. A thin coat before feeds help soothe and heal 'em, it's like a magical moisturizer! Also, breastfeeding creams with natural ingredients like coconut oil or shea butter are super soothing and help keep things soft.

Another trick is to switch up your nursing bras. Those comfyy old ones we're so fond of can be a part of the problem, because who wants to wear an uncomfortable bra all day? Changing them regularly and letting your girls breathe helps, as does a good, supportive sports bra for when you're out and about.

And though it might seem obvious, keeping those nipples clean is super important too! I used plain ol' water and gently washed 'em after every feed. Pat dry and let 'em air out a bit before getting ready for the next feeding session.

Last but not least, treat yourself to some cute nursing-friendly apparel! There's no reason we mummies can't look good and feel confident while nursing. I found some adorable lace-up blouses that were easy to pull down for access and looked cute too.

There you go, momma friends! Hope these tips help your nipps stay happy and healthy 🙂 Any other suggestions are welcome too; a girl can never have too many tricks up her sleeve!
Some great points you've added there! I totally forgot about the importance of keeping them clean and breathy - which reminds me to tell the mummies out there that those cute little lace/cotton petal-style nursing pads really help with that, plus they look nice too! 😊

Reactions: cissy and stargazer

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed advice! I've been loving all the great tips. I didn't know about the lanolin cream or the cabbage trick - sounds like an interesting remedy to try! You ladies certainly know what works 🤭💕

Good on ya for sharing those helpful tips! I didn't know about the cabbage trick, it's such an interesting remedy, but like you, I'd probably give it a miss. lanolin has been a popular choice amongst the mamas here!

I agree that our wardrobe choices can help us feel better and more confident during this challenging yet rewarding period. Apart from practical nursing attire, what other clothing items or accessories did you ladies find helpful or made you feel good about yourselves during your breastfeeding journey?

Some great points here! I love the idea of some new nursing-friendly apparel. No point being uncomfortable and suffering in ill-fitting clothes when you can look good and feel good too, right? 💁‍♀️😌

I've found that keeping everything breatheable and moisture-wicking helps a lot, especially in our humid climate! Got any recommendations for good nursing-friendly fashion pieces? 🤩

My nipples could use some spa treatment after all the hard work and cracked experience from breastfeeding my kid! lanolin was my go-to nipple cream that worked wonders during the tough weaning periods. Applying a thick layer before bed and letting it absorb overnight helped soothe and heal them. From the many different brands I've tried, this natural remedy was the most effective and recommended by my mom friends too!

I also liked using silicone nursing pads; they're reusable, soft, and discrete. These were helpful in keeping my nipples protected and reducing the chances of further damage when breastfeeding. You can try them out too!
Hello there, mums! Just wanted to throw in my two cents on this fascinating topic that hits close to home (or should I say, the heart 😅).

I've heard a lot about lanolin and breastfeeding creams, which sound like wonders in a jar, especially for those struggling with sore nipples. But what really worked for me was focusing on the diet aspect. Yes, eating the right foods helped heal my nipples from within! Remember, our bodies are amazing and healing foods can make a huge difference. I upped my game by including nutritious snacks and lots of fluids - think fruits, veggies, and soups galore. It certainly helped accelerate the healing process, and the bonus was a healthier diet for me too!

Hope this helps some mums out there 🙂

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu