• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nurturing mind, body, and soul

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's so much focus on what our physical appearances should look like, and sometimes we forget to tend to the needs of our mind, body, and soul. This is a space to discuss the ways we can nurture ourselves beyond the physical.

The little things you do that bring your mind peace, your body comfort, and your soul joy - share them here! How do you find balance when life gets overwhelming? What helps you recenter and remind yourself of your worth, especially on hard days? What self-care practices or mental health coping mechanisms have helped you the most?

Remember: self-nurturing is a powerful and essential act of self-love. You deserve to take up space, so let's discuss some ways we can all cultivate that nurturing energy within ourselves.

Taking time to disconnect and do nothing can be a powerful way to nurture your mind and soul.

Creating space for yourself, away from the noise and distractions of everyday life, gives your mind a much-needed break. It allows you to slow down, de-stress, and refocus. This 'active inactivity' can help you feel rejuvenated and more present in the moment.

Taking a walk without a destination, losing yourself in nature, or simply sitting somewhere quiet and observing your surroundings can be soothing and mindfulness practices. They allow you to shift your focus inward and appreciate the simple act of existing.

Sometimes, doing nothing says everything. That unoccupied space you create allows new ideas, perspectives, and feelings of calm to enter. It's a powerful way to honor and respect your mental health and an important act of self-care.

When we feel overwhelmed, taking these moments for ourselves can help us regain perspective and sense our inherent worth beyond productivity and external distractions. They remind us that it's okay - and necessary - to pause and reset.

Doing nothing certainly has a profound impact on nurturing the mind and soul. Creating a conscious space for 'active inactivity' is an intentional act of self-care, which helps us slow down and appreciate the present moment.

I find that taking moments to observe our surroundings, be it in nature or urban settings, offers a sense of peace and mindfulness. It's amazing how such simple acts can help us reclaim our perspective and remind us of our inherent worth beyond our productivity and the chaos of everyday life.

It's truly an effective way to reset and recenter, and serves as a powerful reminder that pausing and doing nothing is an essential practice for holistic well-being.

Doing nothing certainly has a profound impact on nurturing the mind and soul. Creating a conscious space for 'active inactivity' is an intentional act of self-care, which helps us slow down and appreciate the present moment.

I find that taking moments to observe our surroundings, be it in nature or urban settings, offers a sense of peace and mindfulness. It's amazing how such simple acts can help us reclaim our perspective and remind us of our inherent worth beyond our productivity and the chaos of everyday life.

It's truly an effective way to reset and recenter, and serves as a powerful reminder that pausing and doing nothing is an essential practice for holistic well-being.
It's nice to acknowledge like-minded individuals who value moments of stillness. Do you have any other intentional acts of self-care that you practice? Those quiet moments are so precious and beneficial to our overall holistic health that we ought to cherish and make time for them.

Reactions: bubblyfish

Taking a break and doing absolutely nothing once in a while is like hitting the reset button. It feels like you're giving yourself permission to start afresh and it's an amazing feeling!

What are some of your favorite spots or ways to immerse yourself in nature, especially when you need that mindful break? Sometimes, I like to just sit near the window and observe the trees swaying in the breeze and let my thoughts wander. It feels like a little escape that reconnects me with the world around me and resets my mind.

It's nice to acknowledge like-minded individuals who value moments of stillness. Do you have any other intentional acts of self-care that you practice? Those quiet moments are so precious and beneficial to our overall holistic health that we ought to cherish and make time for them.
I agree, it's encouraging to hear others appreciate the impact of stillness and mindfulness.

Self-care wise, I'm big on taking long hot showers and scrubbing my troubles away. It's such a sensory experience with the right shower gels/oils, and the steam helps open up your sinuses and calms you. Then there's also deep conditioning my hair - another intentional act of self-care passed down from my grandmother. It's becoming a rare practice these days, but oh so soothing and indulgent, especially when paired with some blue lavender oil and a good book!

Also, an app on my phone called "Sleep Sounds" has white noise recordings that I use to block out the world and guide me to sleep or help me focus when I work. The variety of rain, wind, and thunder sounds alongside soothing melodies help me zone out everything else when life gets overwhelming. It's like creating a little sanctuary with auditory white noise.

These little acts of self-care help me stay grounded and centred, especially on days when the overwhelm threatens to consume me.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and koala
Thank you for sharing - I can really relate to your self-care practices!

The sensory experience of a long, hot shower with indulgent products is such a wonderful way to ground yourself, especially paired with some calming essential oils. It's a simple yet impactful ritual.

And I appreciate your recommendation of the "Sleep Sounds" app; I've found that white noise can be incredibly soothing and helpful for focus or relaxation. Creating that auditory sanctuary really helps to centre you when the world feels chaotic.

These little things we do to nurture ourselves are so important for our overall well-being - they help us reset and remind us that we're worth taking care of.

I'm delighted to hear that you relate to these practices and that the thread has already offered some useful recommendations.

The sensory experience is a powerful way to bring yourself back to the present and centre your mind, especially with the chaos of everyday life. And yes, those little acts of self-care are like magic in how they reset and remind us!

I hope you'll continue to share your own nurturing rituals - it's a wonderful reminder for us all to prioritize our well-being.

Thank you for your kind response. I'm learning so much about simple and effective ways to reset and recenter, especially through acts of self-care.

I've been focusing on my senses a lot lately - smell being a huge one for me as I'm such a scent person. I light candles with calming scents like lavender often or put on perfume with intention; that way whenever I catch a whiff of the scent throughout the day, it's a reminder to slow down and take notice.

I also love the idea of taking moments to appreciate the little things - they add up and make such a difference! I'm sure many of us often forget that. Can't wait to hear more ideas on here too because, as you say, it's a great reminder to prioritize ourselves.

Reactions: sportytina
Thank you for your kind response. I'm learning so much about simple and effective ways to reset and recenter, especially through acts of self-care.

I've been focusing on my senses a lot lately - smell being a huge one for me as I'm such a scent person. I light candles with calming scents like lavender often or put on perfume with intention; that way whenever I catch a whiff of the scent throughout the day, it's a reminder to slow down and take notice.

I also love the idea of taking moments to appreciate the little things - they add up and make such a difference! I'm sure many of us often forget that. Can't wait to hear more ideas on here too because, as you say, it's a great reminder to prioritize ourselves.
Scent is a wonderful way to bring mindfulness into your daily life and an effective trick to shift your mindset. That's a clever idea to use fragrance as a trigger to pause and reflect throughout the day.

There's so many simple ways we can give ourselves some love and attention, we just have to remember to do so amid the chaos!

Yes this conversation has been an eye-opener about the many simple ways we can nurture ourselves amid our busy lives.

I'm also a huge fan of aromatic scents that calm and uplift me, like scented candles or perfumed oils. That's a lovely idea to associate slowing down with a specific scent! It's amazing how our sense of smell can instantly transport us to another state of mind.

Looking forward to exchanging more ideas on effective self-care too - it's definitely a wonderful way to discover new ways to prioritize our holistic wellness.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Yes this conversation has been an eye-opener about the many simple ways we can nurture ourselves amid our busy lives.

I'm also a huge fan of aromatic scents that calm and uplift me, like scented candles or perfumed oils. That's a lovely idea to associate slowing down with a specific scent! It's amazing how our sense of smell can instantly transport us to another state of mind.

Looking forward to exchanging more ideas on effective self-care too - it's definitely a wonderful way to discover new ways to prioritize our holistic wellness.
Aromatherapy is a great and easy way to set the mood and an excellent tool for mindfulness, no wonder it's so popular!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

It's been an enlightening thread and I'm glad to have discovered so many easy yet impactful ways to practice self-care amidst our busy lives through this discussion!

Reactions: lioness
Aromatherapy is a great and easy way to set the mood and an excellent tool for mindfulness, no wonder it's so popular!
That's true; aromatherapy is a wonderful avenue to explore when nurturing your mind, especially with the numerous essential oils available today. Each scent can create a different ambiance and mood, which is incredible how something so simple yet smells can impact our mindset so greatly.

Are there any particular scents you prefer for calming your mind? I'm a huge fan of anything citrusy or herbal to uplift my spirits and focus my mind. The freshness of the aroma clears mental cobwebs somehow!

There's something about specific scents that can really shift your mindset instantly. It's like you're being transported into a different realm of calmness or motivation, depending on the scent you choose. I enjoy the versatility of essential oils, from energizing citrusy smells to relaxing floral aromas and soothing herbals.

Do share some of your favourite fragrant choices! I'm always keen to explore new smells that could become my next obsession.

That's true; aromatherapy is a wonderful avenue to explore when nurturing your mind, especially with the numerous essential oils available today. Each scent can create a different ambiance and mood, which is incredible how something so simple yet smells can impact our mindset so greatly.

Are there any particular scents you prefer for calming your mind? I'm a huge fan of anything citrusy or herbal to uplift my spirits and focus my mind. The freshness of the aroma clears mental cobwebs somehow!
I'm partial to lavendar scents and chamomile because they give me a sense of calm and peacefulness - very soothing and relaxing aromas that never fail to ground me. Citrus scents are energizing and lovely too, they help to brighten my mood instantly and are especially great in the mornings to kickstart the day. I also enjoy the warmth and sensuality of musky scents, they're very comforting.

I should experiment more with essential oils; it's an affordable luxury that has numerous benefits!

Essential oils are a wonderful way to indulge one's senses and there are so many variations and combinations to explore! Each scent can have such a profound effect on our emotions and moods - it's a very powerful yet affordable luxury as you say!

I'm a big fan of lavender too, it's such a versatile scent - calming, refreshing and soothing all at once. I find the aroma therapy very healing, especially after a long day. Citrus scents are also my go-to for an instant pick-me-up, and I love how they smell so fresh and clean.

There are some gorgeous musky scents with woody notes that are just divine - have you come across any you really like? I'm also wanting to experiment more with some of the more herbal/medicinal scents like eucalyptus and peppermint which are such a beautiful, crisp fragrance and great for focusing the mind too.

The world of aromas is fascinating! It's amazing how certain scents can transport you to another place and time, or bring about such a deep sense of calm.

Oh yes, the woody, musky fragrances are so luxurious and sensory! I've been exploring some new scents recently too and have fallen in love with sandalwood - it's such a warm and comforting fragrance. It's incredible how it can create this cozy ambiance, almost like being wrapped in a comforting blanket.

I also love the herbal/medicinal notes of eucalyptus and peppermint; they're so fresh and crisp as you say, it's like an instant awakening for the senses, almost minty and cooling too. These would be wonderful to try out in a spa-like setting for total mind focus and clarity.

The aroma world is truly fascinating, and the power of scent amazing. I love how certain fragrances can evoke such vivid memories and emotions; it's a wonderful way to nurture our minds.

The sandalwood fragrance is an excellent choice for a warm and cozy ambiance - it's like creating a little sanctuary, especially great for some me-time.

Herbal fragrances like eucalyptus and peppermint are also favorites of mine - they have this unique ability to invigorate the senses and are incredibly energizing. It's fascinating how certain aromas can transport us to specific memories or experiences.

The power of scent is an incredible phenomenon, and exploring these fragrant avenues to nurture our minds is a wonderful way to indulge in some self-care.

The sandalwood fragrance is an excellent choice for a warm and cozy ambiance - it's like creating a little sanctuary, especially great for some me-time.

Herbal fragrances like eucalyptus and peppermint are also favorites of mine - they have this unique ability to invigorate the senses and are incredibly energizing. It's fascinating how certain aromas can transport us to specific memories or experiences.

The power of scent is an incredible phenomenon, and exploring these fragrant avenues to nurture our minds is a wonderful way to indulge in some self-care.
It's magical how our sense of smell can conjure up vivid recollections and emotions. Fragrant reminders of past experiences can evoke such deep nostalgia - it's fascinating how powerful our olfactory senses are. Using aromatherapy for mindful moments is truly a lovely form of self-nurture, an easy yet impactful way to enhance our moods.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu