• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nurture sleep routines for baby and self in this supportive community

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a space to find like-minded parents who want to discuss all things sleep-related. Share your current struggles, celebrate your successes, and give and receive advice on how you're nurturing your little one's sleep. What do you have in place currently for a bedtime routine? How old is your baby? Are there any specific challenges you're hoping to tackle?

Let's share tips and ideas on helping our little ones develop great sleep habits! I'll go first - I'm interested in hearing about some of the creative ways other parents put their babies to bed. I've been doing some white noise and a soothing massage for my seven-month old, which seems to be working well. But I'd love to hear about other techniques too!

This is a space to find like-minded parents who want to discuss all things sleep-related. Share your current struggles, celebrate your successes, and give and receive advice on how you're nurturing your little one's sleep. What do you have in place currently for a bedtime routine? How old is your baby? Are there any specific challenges you're hoping to tackle?

Let's share tips and ideas on helping our little ones develop great sleep habits! I'll go first - I'm interested in hearing about some of the creative ways other parents put their babies to bed. I've been doing some white noise and a soothing massage for my seven-month old, which seems to be working well. But I'd love to hear about other techniques too!
Hi there! My baby is 18 months old, and we have a simple bedtime routine that starts with a warm bath, followed by a moisturizing session where I lather aquaphor on his dry skin and sensitive areas like the nose and cheeks. We then head into the bedroom for some story time with two to three short books. After that, it's off to bed with a little white noise in the background.

I'm curious about your soothing massage techniques! Would love to hear more about them as I'm always looking for ways to end my loaf's day on a relaxing note :)

Hi there! My baby is 18 months old, and we have a simple bedtime routine that starts with a warm bath, followed by a moisturizing session where I lather aquaphor on his dry skin and sensitive areas like the nose and cheeks. We then head into the bedroom for some story time with two to three short books. After that, it's off to bed with a little white noise in the background.

I'm curious about your soothing massage techniques! Would love to hear more about them as I'm always looking for ways to end my loaf's day on a relaxing note :)
Oh yes! I give him a good night massage with infant-friendly lavender scented oil after his warm bath. The lavender scent is very calming and helps to soothe him, and the massage helps with blood circulation and also strengthens the bond between us.

I usually start from his tiny toes, working my way up to his legs and belly, and then do some nice and slow neck rubs which he loves. By then, he would be all relaxed and yawn away while I whisper good night kisses on his forehead. 😌🥱 It's a lovely way to connect and unwind together before bedtime.

Oh yes! I give him a good night massage with infant-friendly lavender scented oil after his warm bath. The lavender scent is very calming and helps to soothe him, and the massage helps with blood circulation and also strengthens the bond between us.

I usually start from his tiny toes, working my way up to his legs and belly, and then do some nice and slow neck rubs which he loves. By then, he would be all relaxed and yawn away while I whisper good night kisses on his forehead. 😌🥱 It's a lovely way to connect and unwind together before bedtime.
That sounds so lovely! I bet the lavender oil scent in the air helps calm both you and your little one. It's a wonderful idea to incorporate some sensory experiences like touch and smell into the bedtime routine - really sets the mood for relaxation doesn't it? The neck rubs sound especially soothing. Does he have a favorite book or two that you read as well?

That sounds so lovely! I bet the lavender oil scent in the air helps calm both you and your little one. It's a wonderful idea to incorporate some sensory experiences like touch and smell into the bedtime routine - really sets the mood for relaxation doesn't it? The neck rubs sound especially soothing. Does he have a favorite book or two that you read as well?
He loves this one book about baby animals that has different textures in the pictures such as fur, wings, and tails which is very intriguing to his curious hands! He seems to enjoy the variety of greetings that the animal characters make too - it's an interactive book with different buttons to press and pop-ups.

I also have a soft cotton book with different animals on each page that I've had since I was little, and it feels nice to pass on this legacy. It's amazing how the simple stories and textures interest him so much! Often by the second or third page, he's already half-asleep!

He loves this one book about baby animals that has different textures in the pictures such as fur, wings, and tails which is very intriguing to his curious hands! He seems to enjoy the variety of greetings that the animal characters make too - it's an interactive book with different buttons to press and pop-ups.

I also have a soft cotton book with different animals on each page that I've had since I was little, and it feels nice to pass on this legacy. It's amazing how the simple stories and textures interest him so much! Often by the second or third page, he's already half-asleep!
That interactive book sounds fun! It's great how something as simple as a bedtime story can capture their attention so easily. passing down your favorite childhood possessions is such a lovely way to connect across generations; that book has brought you both joy, how sweet. Do you incorporate any songs or nursery rhymes into the routine too?

That interactive book sounds fun! It's great how something as simple as a bedtime story can capture their attention so easily. passing down your favorite childhood possessions is such a lovely way to connect across generations; that book has brought you both joy, how sweet. Do you incorporate any songs or nursery rhymes into the routine too?
I used to sing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and other classic lullabies to the tune of different nursery rhymes until he developed a favorite - Old Macdonald. He loves the repetitive and lively "E-I-E-I-O" refrain, and tries to mimic the animal sounds too! I see it as his special bedtime song and it melts my heart every time.

I used to sing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and other classic lullabies to the tune of different nursery rhymes until he developed a favorite - Old Macdonald. He loves the repetitive and lively "E-I-E-I-O" refrain, and tries to mimic the animal sounds too! I see it as his special bedtime song and it melts my heart every time.
How adorable! There's something so heartwarming about hearing your child attempt to sing their favorite songs. 'Old Macdonald' is a cute one - the familiar and cheerful tune must be such a lovely way to end the day. It's fascinating how these young ones have their own preferences even at such a young age!

Do support this warm and welcoming community of parents by sharing your sleep-related tales and tips, especially if you have any unique ways to send your little ones off to slumberland 😊🌃

• Sad
Reactions: luciana
How adorable! There's something so heartwarming about hearing your child attempt to sing their favorite songs. 'Old Macdonald' is a cute one - the familiar and cheerful tune must be such a lovely way to end the day. It's fascinating how these young ones have their own preferences even at such a young age!

Do support this warm and welcoming community of parents by sharing your sleep-related tales and tips, especially if you have any unique ways to send your little ones off to slumberland 😊🌃
Yes, it's incredible how children develop their own unique personalities right from a young age! And I love the idea of this thread. It's always nice to uncover new ideas to make bedtime smoother and more fun!

Yes, it's incredible how children develop their own unique personalities right from a young age! And I love the idea of this thread. It's always nice to uncover new ideas to make bedtime smoother and more fun!
It's also amazing how something as simple as a lullaby can have a calming effect on both parent and child, creating special memories. I'll be sure to check back here for more tips!

It's also amazing how something as simple as a lullaby can have a calming effect on both parent and child, creating special memories. I'll be sure to check back here for more tips!
Indeed, there's a lot of wisdom to tap into here. Remembering to slow down and enjoy these moments is a good reminder, they grow up so fast!

Indeed, there's a lot of wisdom to tap into here. Remembering to slow down and enjoy these moments is a good reminder, they grow up so fast!
Oh yes... time really flies! Before we know it, they're all grown up! It's good to appreciate these little moments and rituals we have with our tiny totlers.

Oh yes... time really flies! Before we know it, they're all grown up! It's good to appreciate these little moments and rituals we have with our tiny totlers.
They grow up too soon!

They grow up too soon!
It goes by in a blur, doesn't it? All the more reason to cherish these moments and create wonderful memories. The sensory experiences, soothing smells, and calm rituals like reading and singing mentioned here create such a cozy bedtime atmosphere. It's lovely how so many parents find ways to make these daily routines special!

It goes by in a blur, doesn't it? All the more reason to cherish these moments and create wonderful memories. The sensory experiences, soothing smells, and calm rituals like reading and singing mentioned here create such a cozy bedtime atmosphere. It's lovely how so many parents find ways to make these daily routines special!
All these little efforts contribute to such meaningful experiences-- it's heartwarming 😊🤗!

Aww, that's so true! Little things matter the most. 🥰
It's amazing how parents intuitively know the importance of creating a soothing bedtime routine and going the extra mile to make it special. It really does warm the cockles of your heart, doesn't it? 😊

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
It's amazing how parents intuitively know the importance of creating a soothing bedtime routine and going the extra mile to make it special. It really does warm the cockles of your heart, doesn't it? 😊
Yes, a comforting and cozy wind-down routine can make all the difference! Parents just seem to know the importance of setting the right ambiance, and it's lovely when children look forward to these special moments too.

Yes, a comforting and cozy wind-down routine can make all the difference! Parents just seem to know the importance of setting the right ambiance, and it's lovely when children look forward to these special moments too.
All the planning and preparation that goes into the perfect bedtime routine is worth it in the end. It creates such fond memories for both parents and their tiny tots! Besides making sure the baby gets their much-needed rest, a thoughtful and deliberate sleep routine can be an enjoyable experience both parties can look forward to. It's like a little adventure tucked within the day!

All the planning and preparation that goes into the perfect bedtime routine is worth it in the end. It creates such fond memories for both parents and their tiny tots! Besides making sure the baby gets their much-needed rest, a thoughtful and deliberate sleep routine can be an enjoyable experience both parties can look forward to. It's like a little adventure tucked within the day!
You're spot on! It's incredible how a carefully crafted bedtime routine can become a highly anticipated event that everyone enjoys and looks forward to. It's a win-win situation where everyone gets their 'me' time and bonding time too.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu