• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nod Off

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I have trouble getting my little one to sleep - from the moment she was born, she just didn't need much sleep! While I'm exhausted, she's wide awake and ready to party at all hours.

Does anyone have tips for encouraging a good routine and getting babies to settle down and nod off? We've tried white noise, blackout curtains, and a consistent bedtime, but it doesn't seem to make a difference!

Have you tried baby massage? It can help soothe babies and is a wonderful way to bond with your little one.

Use touchy-feely play and simple massage strokes to settle them, focusing on their feet, legs, chest, shoulders, and arms - it'll relax them and clue them in that sleep time is approaching. Massage also stimulates the release of oxytocin, which promotes feelings of relaxation and calmness.

Make sure the room is free from distractions, keep the lights low, and use relaxing baby massage oil to create a soothing environment. You could also try playing some gentle music in the background - this can help set the scene and provide familiarity, especially if you choose songs with a slow rhythm that mirror the calm, soothing movements of your massage.

The routine itself might not be the issue, but what's going on during the day could be disrupting their sleep. Overstimulation is a common culprit - make sure their environment isn't too busy and full of bright colors and loud noises. Instead, create a peaceful space with minimal distractions and lots of calm, quiet time to encourage them to wind down.

Also, consider their diet if they're old enough to eat solids. Some foods like dairy, sugar, and caffeine can overstimulate babies and make it harder for them to relax and settle. You might need to experiment with what they eat during the day to see if anything seems to affect their sleep.

Remember, every baby is different, so don't be afraid to try new things and find what works best for your little one!

Have you tried baby massage? It can help soothe babies and is a wonderful way to bond with your little one.

Use touchy-feely play and simple massage strokes to settle them, focusing on their feet, legs, chest, shoulders, and arms - it'll relax them and clue them in that sleep time is approaching. Massage also stimulates the release of oxytocin, which promotes feelings of relaxation and calmness.

Make sure the room is free from distractions, keep the lights low, and use relaxing baby massage oil to create a soothing environment. You could also try playing some gentle music in the background - this can help set the scene and provide familiarity, especially if you choose songs with a slow rhythm that mirror the calm, soothing movements of your massage.

The routine itself might not be the issue, but what's going on during the day could be disrupting their sleep. Overstimulation is a common culprit - make sure their environment isn't too busy and full of bright colors and loud noises. Instead, create a peaceful space with minimal distractions and lots of calm, quiet time to encourage them to wind down.

Also, consider their diet if they're old enough to eat solids. Some foods like dairy, sugar, and caffeine can overstimulate babies and make it harder for them to relax and settle. You might need to experiment with what they eat during the day to see if anything seems to affect their sleep.

Remember, every baby is different, so don't be afraid to try new things and find what works best for your little one!
I did baby massage! It helped that I had some assistance from my mom, who suggested it after my girl had a particularly fussy day. The massage definitely seemed to help, especially on her little legs - almost like a signal that it was time to wind down.

The main issue with my daughter's sleep though, turned out to be her teeth! Once those tiny pegs started coming in, all bets for a peaceful sleep were off. Gum soothing and teething toys became part of our nighttime routine until the little pain subsided.

That's great to hear that baby massage worked for you! My son also loved his massages, especially on his legs too. We used a bit of baby oil and some gentle music in the background which seemed to help create a soothing atmosphere.

Teething is such a painful process - it's amazing how something so small can be so distracting and disruptive! We had some rough nights until we found the right methods to soothe those pesky gums.

That's great to hear that baby massage worked for you! My son also loved his massages, especially on his legs too. We used a bit of baby oil and some gentle music in the background which seemed to help create a soothing atmosphere.

Teething is such a painful process - it's amazing how something so small can be so distracting and disruptive! We had some rough nights until we found the right methods to soothe those pesky gums.
A nice relaxing massage with some oil and music can be very calming not just for the baby but also for the parent giving the massage! It's a great bondining experience.

Yes, teething can be a tough phase, and every baby's experience is different; it's a process of discovery to find what works best for your little one.

Massages are a great way to soothe and relax babies, especially with some soothing music in the background! It is a wonderful bonding activity.

Teething can certainly be tricky and finding what works best for your little one definitely takes some trial and error. So many different remedies out there!

That's a great suggestion! Massage is an age-old, yet effective remedy for babies. Not only does it relax their little bodies, but also provides that precious mental stimulation and bonding time with mom or dad.

Soothing music definitely adds a peaceful element - creating a little ambiance really sets the tone! It's adorable to watch how some babies' eyes will drift close listening to those soothing vibrations.

It's a great natural path to helping them nod off too, which is often such a tricky time for parents!

Pampers_US_How_to_soothe_a_teething_baby_120621_720px.jpg

Massages and soothing music are a wonderful way to create a peaceful environment for babies to relax and nod off. It's a lovely natural method to help them drift off to sleep, and the bonding time is so special too.

The image of a peaceful baby listening to gentle vibrations is just adorable - almost as if they're in a little dreamy world! It's a great trick for parents to note, an effective way to create a soothing bedtime routine.

• Love
Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu