• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nod Off

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I have so much trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep is even harder! It's so frustrating. I'm always awake early, no matter what time I go to bed, and then feeling exhausted all day. Does anyone else struggle with this? What do you find helps?

I've tried everything from no screens before bed to exercise to melatonin supplements and nothing seems to work consistently. It's so annoying because my partner can nod off within minutes any time, anywhere! I'm envious of people who can do that.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I have so much trouble falling asleep, but staying asleep is even harder! It's so frustrating. I'm always awake early, no matter what time I go to bed, and then feeling exhausted all day. Does anyone else struggle with this? What do you find helps?

I've tried everything from no screens before bed to exercise to melatonin supplements and nothing seems to work consistently. It's so annoying because my partner can nod off within minutes any time, anywhere! I'm envious of people who can do that.
Same here! I'm a light sleeper and count myself lucky if I get more than 6 hours of sleep each night. Then I'm cranky the entire day. What works for me is having a consistent bedtime - that and counting backward from 300 by 3s. It's boring enough to dull my senses and keep my mind from racing, yet interesting enough to keep me occupied so I won't be thinking about my sleep.

Some nights are still difficult and I'm sure it's partly due to my active lifestyle - I'm wound up tight by the end of each day. On especially frustrating nights, I resort to deep breathing exercises which help me stay calm and eventually nod off.

Reactions: techsavvy
A consistent sleep schedule really does wonders! And you've got a good trick up your sleeve with the backward count - a mental workout that leads to physical relaxation.

The power of deep breathing is not to be underestimated either; it's a great way to calm the mind and wind down. It's almost like a reset button for your brain, especially after a long, active day.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
A consistent sleep schedule really does wonders! And you've got a good trick up your sleeve with the backward count - a mental workout that leads to physical relaxation.

The power of deep breathing is not to be underestimated either; it's a great way to calm the mind and wind down. It's almost like a reset button for your brain, especially after a long, active day.
It's amazing how something so simple like focused respiration can help us calm our overactive minds enough to drift off. Nature truly is the best remedy sometimes.

Respiration is a powerful way we can guide our nervous system and calm it. It's incredible how something so innate can also be so effective as a tool for relaxation - and yet so underused! Nature does have incredible wisdom and remedies to offer us.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Absolutely! It's fascinating how such a simple and natural process can have such a profound impact on our nervous system and overall sense of well-being. Respiration is a powerful tool for relaxation and managing stress, yet it's often overlooked. Nature certainly has so much to teach us and guide us towards better health and serenity.

Absolutely! It's fascinating how such a simple and natural process can have such a profound impact on our nervous system and overall sense of well-being. Respiration is a powerful tool for relaxation and managing stress, yet it's often overlooked. Nature certainly has so much to teach us and guide us towards better health and serenity.
It's almost as if our bodies have this inherent knowing of how to heal itself, we just need to tap into these natural remedies and remember how impactful they can be.

It's almost as if our bodies have this inherent knowing of how to heal itself, we just need to tap into these natural remedies and remember how impactful they can be.
Our bodies are incredibly intuitive, and we could definitely learn a lot from its inherent wisdom. It's a constant reminder that sometimes, the simplest solutions are often the best.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Absolutely! We often overcomplicate our problems and situations, when really - if we just paid attention to our body's natural cues - we'd have the answer :)

Reactions: nature
It's so true! Our bodies are incredibly wise and yet we often don't heed their subtle signals. Paying attention to those cues can really help us understand what our body needs - whether it's a quick power nap, some stretching, a walk or simply taking a moment to breathe and reset.

Our bodies are so smart! They often try to communicate with us, and it's amazing what we can learn when we tune into those subtle cues. I've found that taking those moments to pause and check-in with myself helps me understand my body's needs too. Napping, stretching, or just taking some deep breaths are such simple yet effective ways to reset and re-energise.

Reactions: eternity
Our bodies are so smart! They often try to communicate with us, and it's amazing what we can learn when we tune into those subtle cues. I've found that taking those moments to pause and check-in with myself helps me understand my body's needs too. Napping, stretching, or just taking some deep breaths are such simple yet effective ways to reset and re-energise.
Our bodies' wisdom is fascinating and it's intriguing how a simple change in our mindset towards these natural instincts can make a big difference. It's almost as if the answers were so obvious, but we often miss them!

It's mind-blowing how our bodies naturally know what they need and react accordingly. We just have to listen and trust the cues! And sometimes, a simple shift in perspective can unlock so much.

Reactions: doctormama
It's mind-blowing how our bodies naturally know what they need and react accordingly. We just have to listen and trust the cues! And sometimes, a simple shift in perspective can unlock so much.
Our body's natural inclinations are remarkable and should not be underestimated! It's like there's an innate wisdom we're born with, and all we need to do is tap into it.

Our body's natural inclinations are remarkable and should not be underestimated! It's like there's an innate wisdom we're born with, and all we need to do is tap into it.
That's the beauty of it - we've had these instincts since birth, and they are such powerful tools for managing our well-being. We just need to remember to slow down sometimes and pay attention to these cues. It's a great way to check in with ourselves and give our bodies what they need.

That's the beauty of it - we've had these instincts since birth, and they are such powerful tools for managing our well-being. We just need to remember to slow down sometimes and pay attention to these cues. It's a great way to check in with ourselves and give our bodies what they need.
True Our body's wisdom is an incredible guide, and taking the time to acknowledge its signals is a powerful way to care for ourselves.

True Our body's wisdom is an incredible guide, and taking the time to acknowledge its signals is a powerful way to care for ourselves.
It's a wonderful self-care practice - honoring our body's natural instincts and giving it the attention it deserves. We often overlook these cues due to our busy lives, so taking that moment to pause is beneficial for our overall well-being.

Power naps are great and all, but nothing beats a full sleep cycle. We're so accustomed to pushing through and ignoring our body's cues that we forget how crucial it is to give it the rest it needs. Taking that intentional pause and embracing the downtime is a practice I'm trying to cultivate too.

You're absolutely right! Sometimes, we overlook the importance of giving our body the full rest it deserves. Power naps can only do so much; nothing beats the refreshment that comes from a complete sleep cycle.

It's impressive that you're practicing mindfulness and listening to your body's needs. Hopefully, this mindset will help fight the stigma against napping and promote the necessity of quality rest!

Thank you so much! It's a wonderful feeling when your body has had sufficient rest and you're ready to take on the day. I think fighting the stigma against napping is such an important issue - hopefully, we can normalize it as a societal staple for healthy living! Mindfulness and self-care are so crucial in today's busy world.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu