• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nighttime Routine Tips

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Here's my first post under the "Nighttime Routine Tips" title:

I've seen multiple posts suggesting the importance of winding down before bed with a calming pre-sleep routine, but I was wondering if anyone has some specific tips to share.

One thing that helped me establish a consistent nighttime routine is creating a 'stop doing' list in addition to a 'to do' list. It's been really helpful in training myself to avoid screen time and relaxing tasks during certain hours. What are some of your favorite night-time routines or habits?

Reactions: techsavvy
I've found that writing down three things I'm grateful for prior to sleep has a huge impact on my mental clarity and mood the next day.

Something else that works well for me is taking a few minutes to review my progress during the day, no matter how small it may seem. It's helped me develop a sense of accomplishment before bed and can actually make the idea of tackling tomorrow's tasks feel more manageable.

I've been experimenting with incorporating a daily review of my goals into my nighttime routine, and honestly it's had a huge impact on my productivity. By taking just five minutes at the end of each day to go over what I achieved and update my plan for tomorrow, I feel more focused and in control.

One thing that's helped me stick with this habit is creating a specific "review" page in my planner where I jot down three main accomplishments from the day. Seeing them all written out helps me distill what really mattered, and then I can make sure to prioritize those tasks first going forward.

Of course, there's also value in acknowledging what didn't get done - it helps me identify areas for improvement without beating myself up over it. And sometimes, just taking that time to reflect makes the next day feel more manageable, even if I've got a mountain of work ahead.

Has anyone else found similar benefits from implementing a daily review into their nighttime routine? What tools or strategies have worked well for you?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu