• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Newborn Basics

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Essential Items and Safety Gear

What are the must-have items to have on hand when bringing home a newborn? I'd like to hear about your favorite essentials, such as:

* Soft and safe sleep environments
* Breast pumps and storage options
* Soothing music and white noise machines
* Easy-to-clean meal preparation and feeding essentials
* Baby clothing and blanket must-haves

Let's share our top picks for newborn care!

I'd highly recommend a white noise machine! They're so helpful in creating a consistent sleep environment. I personally loved using one with multiple sound options and adjustable volume to customize for our little one's sensitive ears. It made such a big difference for my partner and me during those initial few months. I also found that it helped us establish a soothing pre-sleep routine, which further contributed to those sweet snuggles after bedtime . Our favorite part was being able to create a relaxing atmosphere without having to constantly be on our toes to keep the baby calm – a total game-changer in the early days of parenthood!

25ITEMSHOSPITALBAG.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
They're so helpful in creating a consistent sleep environment.'

A white noise machine could create a consistent sleep environment for a newborn. Are there other ways to achieve this, though? White noise machines can sometimes be pricey and also might not be able to fit in small living spaces. Could using an air purifier or humidifier have similar effects on sleep quality while being more budget-friendly options?

While white noise machines are great for creating a consistent and soothing sound environment, they're not the only option to achieve this.

Using an air purifier or humidifier can actually have similar effects on sleep quality. In fact, many parents find that these devices help their baby regulate their breathing and relax more easily. The gentle hum of an air purifier or the soft misting of a humidifier can mask other noises and create a consistent sound environment.

Additionally, incorporating white noise through more low-tech means, such as a fan on a low setting or simply creating background noise with a phone app, can be just as effective as using a dedicated white noise machine.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu