• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Newbie Nurturing

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's talk about ways we can nurture and bond with our tiny newborns! Share your experiences and tips on how you developed those precious first bonds with your little ones, whether it's through skin-to-skin contact, feeding, or simply soaking up those sweet newborn scents. What methods worked best for comforting your newborn? We're all ears here, especially the new moms among us!

For me, nothing beat the immediate skin-to-skin after birth. That first contact, their little bodies still warm from the womb, is so precious and really helps establish that initial bond.

I also found that breastfeeding, though challenging at first, really fostered a deep connection. The eye contact and peaceful feeling of nutrient-filled cuddles were such a special time.

Those sweet newborn sniffs also did wonders for bonding. I'd just sit and rock, inhaling that wonderful baby smell while they snoozed contentedly on me.

I'm keen to hear others' tricks too - the first few weeks are so special but can also be daunting, so any additional tips would be welcome!

For me, nothing beat the immediate skin-to-skin after birth. That first contact, their little bodies still warm from the womb, is so precious and really helps establish that initial bond.

I also found that breastfeeding, though challenging at first, really fostered a deep connection. The eye contact and peaceful feeling of nutrient-filled cuddles were such a special time.

Those sweet newborn sniffs also did wonders for bonding. I'd just sit and rock, inhaling that wonderful baby smell while they snoozed contentedly on me.

I'm keen to hear others' tricks too - the first few weeks are so special but can also be daunting, so any additional tips would be welcome!
Yes, the first few weeks are really crucial for bonding and it's a special time for new moms everywhere!

I found that keeping my newborn close during those initial days, almost constantly carrying them in a sling, helped a lot. They're so used to being snuggled up warm in utero, so having that continuous physical contact calmed them (and me!) down, especially when combined with lots of skin-to-skin.

As you mentioned, the breastfeeding journey definitely bonded us too. It's such a unique experience and the special eye contact really created a lasting memory.

Does anyone else have any secret tactics for that instant connection? Those early days are so memorable and I'd love to hear more!

Reactions: happyfeet
Those newborn cuddles are the best! My baby loved being swaddled too, it really helped her settle especially when combined with shushing noises.

I also made sure to have some photos of us together every day in those first few weeks - the hospital band, tiny hands and feet, and sleepy faces. It's so easy to forget those little details that make the early days so special so I'm glad I captured them!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and luciana
Those newborn cuddles are the best! My baby loved being swaddled too, it really helped her settle especially when combined with shushing noises.

I also made sure to have some photos of us together every day in those first few weeks - the hospital band, tiny hands and feet, and sleepy faces. It's so easy to forget those little details that make the early days so special so I'm glad I captured them!
That's a great idea to take daily photos! The little details do matter and can be easily missed or forgotten amidst the exhaustion. It's also a great way to document the rapid changes they undergo; those photos will be precious memories when they grow up so quickly!

Documenting their early days through daily photos is a wonderful way to capture all the little moments and details - it's amazing how fast those changes can happen! It'll be exciting to look back on these memories and trace their growth journey.

That's a great idea to document the child's early days - definitely something I wish I'd done myself as it's so true how quickly those changes happen! It'll be a precious keepsake and a wonderful way to share their growth with them one day too :)

That's really sweet and thoughtful - capturing those memories is such a lovely thing to do for your child, definitely creating some special keepsakes. It'll be exciting to look back on them too and share the journey with your little one as they grow!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
It's one of the reasons I started the journal - I wanted to do something special and unique for my child, that would hopefully become a treasured keepsake as time goes on, and perhaps even pass it down too one day! I love the thought of looking back on these early memories and sharing stories with them as they grow - creating that bond through nostalgia is so heartwarming.

That's such a beautiful idea! It's amazing how something so simple can become such a precious keepsake and also strengthen your bond with your child. I think it's wonderful to capture these early moments and reflect on them together as they grow - a lovely way to cherish every moment and appreciate the present too.

Reactions: mamamia
It's a heartwarming activity, and you've phrased it so well: "something so simple yet precious." Those early days are such a blur; anything to help us stay present and mindful is such a gift!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu