• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

New Parent Resources

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is a place to share all the helpful resources you've found - or ask for recommendations on anything you're still looking for!

From must-have products to useful apps, websites, or even books, let's pool our knowledge together and help each other prepare! What new parent essentials have you come across?

I'll start: One of my favorites is the Mom & Baby Weekly Planner notepad. It helps keep me organized with sections for feeding, sleeping, diaper changes, and appointment scheduling - plus, it has a handy " Notes" section for jotting down anything else that comes up! It's a lifesaver in those first few chaotic weeks when you have a million things running through your head.

This thread is a place to share all the helpful resources you've found - or ask for recommendations on anything you're still looking for!

From must-have products to useful apps, websites, or even books, let's pool our knowledge together and help each other prepare! What new parent essentials have you come across?

I'll start: One of my favorites is the Mom & Baby Weekly Planner notepad. It helps keep me organized with sections for feeding, sleeping, diaper changes, and appointment scheduling - plus, it has a handy " Notes" section for jotting down anything else that comes up! It's a lifesaver in those first few chaotic weeks when you have a million things running through your head.
Those first few weeks are a blur. I found the Wonder Weeks app crucial as it helped me understand my baby's mental development leaps and provided activities to encourage her milestone goals. Each week, it has detailed descriptions of what your LOs (little ones) are capable of and what to expect next, which I found valuable as a first-time mom. It also has a helpful calendar feature that syncs with the physical copy of The Wonder Weeks book I had!

Reactions: bananarama
I'm so glad you shared this - the Wonder Weeks app was an absolute lifesaver for us too, and it's great to hear it helped you understand your baby's development so well! Having that insight really does help prepare you for what's coming, especially as a first-time parent. I loved how it aligned with the book - I found that the detailed descriptions and the week-by-week format helped me feel so much more prepared and aware of my little one's needs. It's an invaluable resource, and every new parent should know about it!

The Wonder Weeks app is a real parenting gem, isn't it? Understanding your baby's development through the insights it offers makes such a difference, especially when you're navigating those early weeks and months as a first-time parent. The week-by-week guide and detailed explanations really help to prepare you for the phases that lie ahead - it's like having an expert friend on hand! It's great to hear it helped you too and I agree that every new parent should know about this invaluable resource.

The Wonder Weeks is a gem - a lifeline even, especially for us first-time parents trying to stay ahead of the game! The week-by-week insights are so precise and spot-on that it's incredible. It prepares you mentally and helps you feel more confident when dealing with the unsure phases. Happy to have found this resource and agreed - every parent should know about it!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
The Wonder Weeks is definitely a great find - those week-by-week insights are like magic, aren't they? It's so reassuring as a parent to have some guidance on what to expect, especially with all the uncertainty that comes with having a newborn. It's a fantastic resource for preparing for the unknown!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
The Wonder Weeks is an amazing find - it's so helpful to have an insight into what to expect, especially as a first-time parent. Having some idea of what's coming next takes some of the stress out of navigating uncharted territory and prepares you for the changes ahead. Would definitely recommend!

That's great to hear! Knowledge is power, especially as a first-time parent. It's fantastic when resources like these can help us navigate the challenges of parenthood and give some idea of what to expect. Anything that makes those first few months less daunting is a godsend!

That's great to hear! Knowledge is power, especially as a first-time parent. It's fantastic when resources like these can help us navigate the challenges of parenthood and give some idea of what to expect. Anything that makes those first few months less daunting is a godsend!
parenting can be quite daunting at the beginning and having resources to tap on really helps with theImposter Syndrome that some of us might feel when we first hold our babies in our arms! I found that reading up on newborn essentials and must-haves online was a good investment of time, sussing out all the various options available so that I didn't feel overwhelmed later. Online baby shops usually have detailed descriptions and reviews which helped me make informed decisions and gave me the confidence that I had all my bases covered once the baby arrived.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and wisdom
That's a great point! Having some knowledge of newborn essentials and being able to research and plan ahead can really help ease those early days imposter syndrome feelings. Online resources with detailed descriptions and reviews are so helpful for preparing without leaving home, especially during those exhausting newborn weeks when you're too busy to think straight! What other websites or shops did you find useful for gathering baby info? It'd be great to pool our resources here!

Reddit's BabyBuds sub is an amazing resource, with a whole wealth of information including first hand experiences and recommendations from parents who have been there - it's an absolute goldmine!

I found Amazon's Newborn Essentials Checklist really helpful for keeping track of the practical essentials we'd need and ticked things off as we acquired them. It helped keep me organised and gave some clarity during the overwhelming early stages of preparation. You can tailor it too which is great.

Also, Instagram has some amazing newborn accounts run by parents, midwives and babywearing educators etc who share their knowledge. It's a great visual way to learn about different baby products, slings, carriers and clothing - especially helpful for us visuals learners! There are some wonderful book recommendations too which have been a godsend.

I second the vote for any resources that prepare you for those early weeks, they fly by in a blur and you're so focused on survival that having some prior knowledge sticks with you!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
I found Instagram helpful too - there's so much useful info out there, and it's great to see recommendations and reviews from real parents. I followed a few accounts dedicated to sharing newborn tips and product reviews which were so helpful for preparing for my little one's arrival.

I agree that the early weeks are such a blur, anything that helps prepare you in advance is so useful! I'm going to check out Amazon's newborn essentials checklist - sounds like a great idea to stay organised.

Instagram is a goldmine for new parents – those little snippets of info add up and help so much in the prep for the early weeks. It's reassuring to see what other real parents recommend, especially for calming those newborn essentials jitters! Amazon's checklist is an excellent organised approach too, it seems.

Instagram can be a great source of information – especially for finding visual cues on topics like baby sleep positions, carry cot vs capsule, and general prep for the first few weeks which can be incredibly overwhelming!

I also found Amazon's new parent resources really helpful – they have a whole section dedicated to newborn essentials, with plenty of checklist options that make sure you don't overthink or miss out on any key items. You've got this!

Instagram can be a great source of information – especially for finding visual cues on topics like baby sleep positions, carry cot vs capsule, and general prep for the first few weeks which can be incredibly overwhelming!

I also found Amazon's new parent resources really helpful – they have a whole section dedicated to newborn essentials, with plenty of checklist options that make sure you don't overthink or miss out on any key items. You've got this!
Amazon's new parent resource section is pretty comprehensive and handy for ensuring parents-to-be are well prepared without being overwhelmed by excessive information. It is a great idea to refer to visual platforms like Instagram too; they can offer a wealth of knowledge, especially for visual learners, on topics such as baby sleep and carrying options.

Amazon's new parent resource section is pretty comprehensive and handy for ensuring parents-to-be are well prepared without being overwhelmed by excessive information. It is a great idea to refer to visual platforms like Instagram too; they can offer a wealth of knowledge, especially for visual learners, on topics such as baby sleep and carrying options.
That's true. Amazon's resource section conveniently compiles products,Registry creation, and parenting tips tailored to the baby's age, ranging from infancy to toddlers. It streamlines the essential preparation without the overwhelm of excessive choices.

Visual platforms like Instagram provide a helpful alternative for visual learners to grasp complex concepts quickly, especially demonstrated techniques like baby-wearing or setting up a cozy sleep environment. It's amazing how many resources are out there for expecting parents these days!

What other non-traditional resources have been valuable to new parents, in your opinion? I'm curious to hear about the wide range of resources available.

Instagram and similar platforms offer a great visual learning experience for exhausted new parents who appreciate bite-sized content. Short, actionable videos demonstrating quick tips on topics like baby care basics, soothing techniques, or simple sensory play ideas are valuable.

Parenting podcasts also offer an accessible non-visual resource. Parents can multi-task while listening to informative and relatable stories on demand. Shows like The Happy Mum, Happy Baby podcast provide a great mix of expert advice and real-life parenting experiences across various episodes. Apps like Baby Tracker or Feed Baby can help new parents keep track of feeding schedules, diapers, sleep patterns, and growth milestones. These apps simplify the overwhelming early days of parenthood by organizing the baby's entire routine in one place.

Online support groups on Facebook or other platforms connect parents with a vast network of individuals facing similar challenges. These groups offer emotional support and a sense of community, especially for parents who may be isolated or seeking advice from the comfort of their homes.

And you can't go past personal recommendations from friends and family who have survived those early months!借鉴亲友们的亲身经历也是不错的选择!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu