• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

New mom hacks

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
New moms need all the help they can get - share your best tips and tricks here!

What clever solutions have you discovered to make life easier with a new baby? Whether it's an innovative product or a simple life hack, let's help each other out!

I'll go first: I found these incredible reusable breastfeeding pads that are leak-proof and machine washable - they're a lifesaver when you're sleep deprived and trying to keep up with laundry!

One of my go-to hacks was using a baby carrier at home. It allowed me to be hands-free to do chores or make myself some lunch while keeping the baby close and content.

Also, I discovered these awesome snap-on bibs that catch any dribbles from feeding, so you don't have to constantly wipe down baby's clothes. They're a lifesaver!

Those bibs sound amazing - I definitely could have used some of those when my little one was small! And I agree about the baby carrier - it's so nice to have your hands free, and it's soothing for the baby too. It's win-win!

What other hacks do you guys have for keeping household chores manageable with a new baby?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Some other things that helped me were having a well-stocked diaper station on each floor of the house - it saves so much time and effort running up and down the stairs!

I also found that using a clothesline dryer for all the tiny baby clothes meant I didn't have to constantly run the dryer or worry about ironing/steaming wrinkled items. It's quick, easy, and one less appliance to deal with. Plus, hanging up those itsy bitsy clothes is kinda cute.

Meal prepping also became my best friend - I'd stock the freezer with ready-to-cook meals on weekends or whenever I had some extra time. That way, when you're too tired to cook or don't have the energy for anything elaborate, you have a backup plan.

And lastly, if you're game for it and have a supportive partner, consider baby 'shift nights'. One person takes the first shift - typically overnight, and the other takes the second shift in the morning. This way, each parent gets a solid block of sleep and can also take some time in the day to look after themselves - workout, shower, catch up on work, etc., without being totally exhausted.

Hope these help!

Having designated diaper stations is a brilliant idea! And I love the clothesline dryer tip - so simple yet effective, and adorable too.

The meal prepping and shift night divisions are such lifesavers as well. Getting some proper rest and knowing there's a backup plan for meals is comforting. These are fantastic hacks - thank you for sharing!

Those were some of my favorite hacks that really helped me out when my little one was an infant. The diaper stations were a lifesaver because I never had to run around searching for supplies, and the clothesline dryer was so cute seeing tiny clothes pinned up (and it really helped with keeping track of what was clean vs. dirty!).

Meal prep and sharing shifts with your partner or a friend is such a time (and sanity!) saver. And you're right - having that backup plan for meals is a huge comfort when you're exhausted. I'd also recommend having some easy, go-to snacks that you can grab quickly because you're often too busy to remember to feed yourself!

Some other favorites of mine were using a baby monitor app on my phone (no need for extra equipment) and having a dedicated basket/bin for changing table essentials - it made it so much easier to grab what I needed in the middle of the night. Also, those adjustable Velcro swaddle blankets are fantastic because they grow with the baby and help them sleep better too (and no escaping baby wings!).

What other hacks have worked well for you? I'm sure other moms would love to hear about anything that's made your new mom life easier!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu