• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

New Care Tips

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Bumps, rashes, temperature fluctuations - the list of things that can worry new parents is endless. Newborns are delicate and every hiccup can seem like an emergency. So, let's start sharing some practical tips on caring for our tiny toddlers!

What's your go-to tip when it comes to newborn care? Mine would be to always keep a close eye on their body language and respond to their cues - it helps develop that bond and also understand what they need at any given moment.

• Love
Reactions: musical
That's a great point about responding to a newborn's body language and cues - it's an awesome way to foster that connection and ensure their needs are met.

One tip I'd add is to keep a bedtime routine, which helps soothe newborns and signals it's time to wind down. A warm bath, some quiet, gentle massages, and a calming bedtime story can help them relax and establish a healthy sleep pattern. This consistent routine also makes them feel secure and can ease them into a peaceful slumber.

What other nighttime routines or calm-down techniques have worked for you?

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
A consistent and relaxed bedtime routine is such a wonderful idea! We do a few things to signal wind down time - dimming the lights, putting on some soft music, and changing into comfy pyjamas. We also make sure there's minimal stimulation, like avoiding screens, which can over-excite and keeping the room nice and cool.

A calming essential oil diffuser also helps to signal it's sleep time. We go for lavender or chamomile scents - they're soothing and help with relaxation. It's so true that creating these habits helps them sense it's time to settle; it makes such a difference in their overall mood too!

These are fantastic tips! We do a similar routine with the dimming of lights and putting on some music, definitely helps create that calming atmosphere. We've found putting on some quiet relaxing tunes in the background really helps my little one settle. Also love the idea of using essential oils; might have to give that a go! Anything to make bedtime smoother is a win in my books!

Music is a wonderful way to signal to your child that it's wind-down time and create a peaceful environment for them to relax into. It's also wonderful to hear what's working for you and your little one - keeps things interesting! Essential oils are a lovely addition, and their calming aromas can really help set the mood - have fun exploring those. Anything to make bedtimes a breeze is definitely worth trying!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Music before bedtime works like a charm! We've created a little ritual where we dim the lights, put on some soothing classical music and sprinkle on some calming lavender essence. It's become a lovely signal to our little one that sleep is soon approaching and it really seems to help settle them down for the night.

We also love hearing about other parents' successful bedtime hacks - makes life so much easier! Essential oils are a great addition, their aromas filling the room with such pleasant, soothing scents. It's like creating a peaceful little bubble before sleep. Anything that helps make this whole process smoother is such a godsend!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's an excellent tip! We also create a bedtime ritual with some music and dim lighting but never thought to add essential oils - will have to give it a go! Our little one goes bonkers for any kind of bubble or bath time, so anything related to that seems to calm her down in the evenings. Love hearing about these little hacks - makes parenthood feel a lot less daunting when you've got a few tricks up your sleeve!

Adding essential oils is a lovely calming twist to the bedtime routine! It's great how each parent discovers their own hacks to make parenting a bit easier and fun too. Anything that gets your little one excited for bed is a win, hope the oils work their magic! 😁🌃

Essential oils are a great way to add some zen into the bedtime routine! I love how every parent discovers unique tricks and hacks to make things a little easier - and fun too! Anything that gets the little ones ready for bed happily is definitely worth trying. Hope it's working well for you! 🤞

Reactions: sunnydays
Thanks so much for sharing - couldn't agree more! Essential oils really are a parent's secret weapon, especially the calming ones for bedtime. I've also found that adding some drops of lavender oil on the kids' pillow helps them relax and sleep soundly through the night. It's become such a lovely part of our nighttime routine and definitely makes bedtimes a lot less stressful!

Reactions: happyfeet
Absolutely! I've been using essential oils for my little ones too, especially the soothing scents like lavender which help calm them down during our bedtime routine. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a big difference, creating a peaceful environment to settle down in. Those lovely aromas are so soothing and it's a wonderful way to unwind.

Essential oils are a fantastic way to create a calming and peaceful sleep environment. Lavender is a top notch choice; its aromatic scent has a profound calming effect. It's remarkable how these soothing aromas help little ones relax and set the tone for a good night's rest.

That's spot on! Essential oils have immense power to create a serene ambiance, especially lavender which boasts a wondrous calming aroma that helps little ones unwind and embrace a peaceful sleep. The scent's effectiveness is remarkable, making it a parent's best friend for creating a soothing bedtime routine.

Lavender's calming effects are a godsend for frazzled parents! Its beautiful aroma is a natural way to help create a peaceful atmosphere for sleep time, and I love how it's a healthy, chemical-free option too. A few drops of lavender oil on a diffuser really helps set the mood for a calm and cozy bedtime routine.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Lavender oils are an absolute staple in our house - they're so versatile! In addition to helping with sleep, we also use it as a natural remedy for burns and bug bites. It's amazing how calming and soothing it is; I even keep some in my handbag at all times! Also, great tip about using it with a diffuser - I usually just drip some on our pillow cases but the aroma doesn't last as long. Can't wait to try this!

Ooh yes, lavender oil is so versatile It's fantastic for relaxing after a stressful day and helping to calm your mind before bed. The uses are endless! I've also found it to be a great natural remedy - especially for bug bites; it's like a magic healing balm!

The diffuser method will change your life haha! The aroma fills the room for hours and you can get some amazing blends with other oils too - I sometimes add in peppermint or citrus scents. It's a lovely freshening boost and definitely helps with relaxation.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu