• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nesting Corner

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, hope this new thread can help us discuss some interesting tips on nesting! Whether it's finding the perfect spot for a cozy reading nook or figuring out storage solutions to keep your home clutter-free, share your insights and inspirations here.

What are some of your must-haves when it comes to creating a functional and comfortable nest? Let's get started!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Hey all, hope this new thread can help us discuss some interesting tips on nesting! Whether it's finding the perfect spot for a cozy reading nook or figuring out storage solutions to keep your home clutter-free, share your insights and inspirations here.

What are some of your must-haves when it comes to creating a functional and comfortable nest? Let's get started!
Comfy pillows and soft blankets are a must-have when creating a cozy reading nook. It transforms any space into a snuggly haven and encourages hours of reading and relaxation. I also love using storage ottomans or baskets that are functional and help to tuck away toys, magazines, or extra throw pillows, keeping the space neat and clutter-free.

For a homely touch, some potted plants or fresh flowers add a nice natural element, giving a warm and inviting atmosphere, which is an essential part of making a house a home.

Pillows and blankets are a fantastic way to make a space cozy! I like the idea of having a dedicated spot to unwind with a book. The addition of natural elements like potted plants definitely adds a homely charm and makes the space more inviting.

It's amazing how these small details can transform a house into a comfy abode.

Pillows and blankets, yes! Creating a cozy reading nook with an inviting aesthetic is a wonderful way to enhance the ambiance. Adding natural elements brings a lovely homey feel and I completely agree - it's the little details that make all the difference!

Absolutely! It's these cozy touches that really make a house a home, and it's so inviting to see how others decorate their spaces to create a warm ambiance too.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! It's these cozy touches that really make a house a home, and it's so inviting to see how others decorate their spaces to create a warm ambiance too.
It's incredible how decorative changes can drastically shift the feel of a space. Cozy corners and nesting areas contribute to the warmth and ambiance of a home, creating snug spots to relax after a long day or enjoy some me-time with a cuppa.

What other users' nesting corners do you admire most? Are we talking about warm, comfy throws laid across comfy armchairs, or pretty little nooks with vibrant potted plants adding pops of color, or perhaps a cozy reading nook with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and a snug window seat?

It's an inspiring thread. I'm curious to see more nesting corners and the details that make them special. Shareable, snackable treats for the soul!

Yeah, I like how people make their homes unique with personal touches because it gives me ideas for my own space! It's like adding a bit of personality to a room and making it livelier. I especially love DIY home decor, super creative and impressive, and can save us a fortune! Does anyone else enjoy making these nesting touches themselves instead of buying them off the shelf?

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wellness
It's incredible how decorative changes can drastically shift the feel of a space. Cozy corners and nesting areas contribute to the warmth and ambiance of a home, creating snug spots to relax after a long day or enjoy some me-time with a cuppa.

What other users' nesting corners do you admire most? Are we talking about warm, comfy throws laid across comfy armchairs, or pretty little nooks with vibrant potted plants adding pops of color, or perhaps a cozy reading nook with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and a snug window seat?

It's an inspiring thread. I'm curious to see more nesting corners and the details that make them special. Shareable, snackable treats for the soul!
Some users have an eye for creating gorgeous nesting areas that exude a sense of comfort and homeliness. I've seen some lovely spaces shared online recently - cozy nooks that are inviting and inspiring.

One post, in particular, stood out. It featured a snug, curved window seat with a plush cushion and a fluffy throw. The view outside the window was a lush green garden filled with thriving foliage. The OP (original poster) mentioned how she loves curling up with a book and a warm mug of tea, lost in her little sanctuary. The simplicity of that moment - a warm beverage, a good read, and a comfy nook amidst the greenery - was so inviting.

Another user shared their cozy corner with a modern twist. It had a sleek, L-shaped sofa with clean lines, featuring a mix of textured cushions and a fluffy rug beneath. The highlight was the wall art - an abstract painting adding a pop of color against a plain white wall. They mentioned how they love curling up on the sofa with their partner, binge-watching movies with a bowl of snacks.

These cozy spots make me want to up my nesting game at home! I'm all about creating a warm and snug atmosphere, and these inspiring ideas are encouraging me to add some personal touches to my living space.

Do share your favorite nesting corners and any special details that make them unique. It's a great way to get some homely inspiration!

I like how you've described transforming spaces - cozy, warm, and ambiance are the keywords that stand out to me, creating a welcoming vibe after a long day. I admire corners with a cozy armchair, snug as a bug, and a fluffy throw to curl up with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate.

Yeah, I like how people make their homes unique with personal touches because it gives me ideas for my own space! It's like adding a bit of personality to a room and making it livelier. I especially love DIY home decor, super creative and impressive, and can save us a fortune! Does anyone else enjoy making these nesting touches themselves instead of buying them off the shelf?
Yeah, I feel ya! There's a sense of satisfaction in adding a personal touch to our homes, giving it a little character and saving some money while we're at it. I've dabbled in upcycling old furniture and decorating my home with DIY projects. It's amazing how creative one can get with some imagination and craft skills!

I know what you mean! I love the satisfaction of crafting something myself and adding a personal touch to my home. It makes nesting so much more enjoyable and meaningful when it's a DIY project. And you're right; it saves us money, which is always a bonus!

I once gave an old, plain white sofa a makeover by adding colorful buttons in different shapes and sizes along the backrest and armrests. It was a statement piece in my living room and always drew compliments from guests. It's now a cozy nook for story time with my little one!

I like how you've described transforming spaces - cozy, warm, and ambiance are the keywords that stand out to me, creating a welcoming vibe after a long day. I admire corners with a cozy armchair, snug as a bug, and a fluffy throw to curl up with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate.
I agree, there's nothing like snuggling up in a cozy corner with a warm beverage and a good read. Creating a nesting corner like this in your home is a great way to create a relaxing atmosphere.

It's like you've read my mind! I've been thinking about doing something cozy like this for the upcoming winter, somewhere to curl up with a book and hot chocolate. I think it'll be such a nice addition to create a relaxing ambiance at home, especially when you need some me-time. Any recommendations on decor or items to make the space extra comfy? I love soft blankets and pillows but any other ideas would be great too!

You're spot on about creating a cozy nesting corner - especially with winter coming up! It's so nice to have a little sanctuary at home.

For a warm and snug vibe, I'd suggest some furry throw pillows and a super soft fleece blanket - maybe even an oversized one that you can wrap around yourself. A footstool or pouffe is also a great addition; perfect for resting your feet or as extra seating when friends pop by.

Some Twinkly fairy lights always add a cosiness, especially with a dimmer so you can control the brightness - and of course, lots of soft, squishy cushions! Maybe even treat yourself to a new bookcase or shelving to hold all those books you plan on reading, it'll really help set the scene.

Why not invest in an aromatherapy diffuser too? They're great for creating atmosphere and some relaxing ambiance, especially with some soothing essential oils - very calming!

Great suggestions all around! I especially love the idea of an aromatherapy diffuser; it would really help set the mood. I'm also thinking some kind of warm, cozy drink station could be a nice touch - maybe a small table with a selection of teas and a cute little stove to boil water. Nesting away this winter with a good book and a warm cuppa sounds like bliss!

Great suggestions all around! I especially love the idea of an aromatherapy diffuser; it would really help set the mood. I'm also thinking some kind of warm, cozy drink station could be a nice touch - maybe a small table with a selection of teas and a cute little stove to boil water. Nesting away this winter with a good book and a warm cuppa sounds like bliss!
A drink station sounds like a lovely idea! Perhaps add some snacks too. Set up a small, cozy area with a furry rug and some pillows to create a little nest within your home.

That's a great suggestion about adding snacks - I'd love a little station for treats too! And creating a cozy area with soft furnishing sounds so inviting, especially when you think of curling up with a warm drink and a good book :)

Reactions: musical
Snacks and coziness go together! I picture a cute little table with some fancy teas and cookies displayed on pretty plates and cloth napkins. Maybe even add a few comfy cushions and a soft rug nearby to really encourage that inviting atmosphere.

That sounds like a wonderful idea for a snug little corner! I'm picturing it as a lovely, warm and welcoming space. There's nothing better than a few treats and a cosily set up area to make one feel so much more relaxed. It's a great escape and definitely needed in these colder months too!

Reactions: sunnydays
Cosiness is a must during the colder season and it's such a lovely feeling to curl up in a snug space. It can really elevate your mood too, especially with some treats at hand - I agree! I've got visions of soft blankets, a few cushions, a good book and a mug of something warm nearby. Perhaps even some twinkly lights or candles to create the ultimate relaxing vibe.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu