• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating Work-Life

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The constant juggling act between work and personal life can really strain our time and energy. What strategies do you use to navigate the complexities of work-life balance? Are there any boundaries you've set, habits you've implemented, or mindset shifts that have helped you manage this aspect effectively? Share your insights on how we can improve this aspect of our lives.

I clock out on time, man. That's the most effective way to keep work from intruding into personal life - set clear-cut boundaries and stick to them. And if OT is unavoidable, then I make sure to take an equal amount of time off to recharge. You gotta keep work and personal stuff separate and not let the former overwhelm you.

Also, I make it a point to switch off notifications for work apps on my phone outside of work hours. It helps to distance myself from the office politics and drama too - outta sight, outta mind. You gotta actively create some physical and digital boundaries to maintain sanity.

Oh, and delegate, delegate, DELEGATE. That's a big one. Don't try to be a hero and take on everything coz that just leads to burnout. I make sure to spread out the workload fairly and focus on the tasks only I can handle or that bring me closer to my goals. Teammates or subordinates will respect you more if you don't micromanage them anyway.

These little things have helped me keep a functional work-life balance, so I can be productive at work without compromising personal time. It's all about being smart and efficient with your time and energy.

53922255505_7efac2d447_m.jpg

Sometimes BMT got me feeling so sian . Like there's no energy left to do anything after work, let alone juggle a social life. But I realized that taking some time off to recharge helps, even if it's just chilling at home and doing nothing. Also, keeping a to-do list helps me stay on track so I don't forget stuff and can plan my time better. If got any deadlines coming up, I try to anticipate them early and spread out the workload so I don't burn out last minute.

Sometimes BMT got me feeling so sian . Like there's no energy left to do anything after work, let alone juggle a social life. But I realized that taking some time off to recharge helps, even if it's just chilling at home and doing nothing. Also, keeping a to-do list helps me stay on track so I don't forget stuff and can plan my time better. If got any deadlines coming up, I try to anticipate them early and spread out the workload so I don't burn out last minute.
Work-life balance is really tricky hor. Taking time to recharge definitely helps, like you said. We can't burn out!

I usually make sure I have some me-time every day - even if it's just 30 minutes to do something I enjoy. Also got to stay on top of deadlines - last minute rushing is a sure way to get stressed out!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Work-life balance is really tricky hor. Taking time to recharge definitely helps, like you said. We can't burn out!

I usually make sure I have some me-time every day - even if it's just 30 minutes to do something I enjoy. Also got to stay on top of deadlines - last minute rushing is a sure way to get stressed out!
Yeah, that daily me-time is necessary - a chance to unwind and do something you enjoy, like painting your nails or catching up on a K-drama. It helps us mums keep our sanity hahaha!

spreading out workloads for deadlines is such a save-your-life trick, which unfortunately I only learned the hard way after few rounds of rushing things. And it's not like rushing ensures quality work either, so better to avoid the stress and take our time.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
For me, I just try to take each day as it comes and keep things in perspective. I prioritize the most important tasks first and try to focus my energy on them. At the same time, I also make sure to set aside some 'me' time for myself – to relax and recharge. This helps me stay centered and avoid burning out.

I think it's also key to practice some flexibility because sometimes, despite our best efforts, things don't go as planned. Being able to adapt and roll with the punches is part and parcel of the experience.

Setting clear boundaries is the key to keeping sane. And it's so true about the notifications - digital detoxification is an actual necessity these days.

I also make it a point to keep my calendar blocked off for personal time, appointments, and reminders for self-care. Visual cues help me remember to keep work in check and not over-commit. Plus, I've got some side hustle passions that require attention too, so allocating time slots helps me juggle all the different hats I wear.

Reactions: happyfeet
For me, I just go with the flow. No point setting strict boundaries or rules that will stress me out more. Of course, everyone has their limits and breaking points, so it's good to be aware of them. I just make sure to keep some time open for myself every day, do some things I enjoy, and spend time with loved ones. That helps me stay grounded and not get too caught up with work.

I also make sure to organize my tasks at work and prioritize the important ones. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with everything we have to do, especially when multitasking. So taking some time to breathe and focus on what's really important helps!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I try not to let work overwhelm me. If the workload's heavy, I prioritize tasks according to their deadlines and importance, and chip away at them. Setting clear boundaries between work and personal time helps too; no work talks or emails after 7 pm unless it's an emergency. Also, delegating some tasks to others can free up time for focusing on what's really important. This way, I avoid burnout and keep my sanity!

Sometimes BMT got me so overwhelmed lor. Work-life balance so important for mental health and well-being. I make sure to set clear cut boundaries. Can't let work bleed into my personal time. I try to maintain a routine where possible - e.g. exercise, eat healthy and get sufficient sleep. Also learn to say no to non-essential tasks at work or events which are super unnecessary. Time for self-care and relaxation super important - be it reading, catching up with friends, or simply chilling and doing nothing.

I lucky in a way 'cause I'm a homebody who's contented with staying indoors most of the time. So, no worries about FOMO and such.

I make it a point to separate my personal life from work la. Once I'm back from the office, I try to ignore work matters til the next day. This help me maintain some sense of peace at home. Also, I make sure to schedule "me time" like going for a run or catching up with friends which helps me destress and not burn out.

The work-life balance is real one. We gotta take care of ourselves first before we can tackle work and other commitments!

Ya true, the juggling act can be exhausting. I think just going with the flow is a great strategy - it's good to be mindful of our limits without being too strict or we'll stress ourselves out further.

Setting aside some 'me time' and keeping loved ones close really helps me not get too caught up with work. Also, task organization is key - prioritizing and tackling the most important stuff first so we don't get overwhelmed. We can't let work consume us totally - we've gotta keep a cool head and stay focused on what truly matters!

I'm usually pretty clear about my priorities and what really matters to me. So when work life gets crazy, I remind myself of the big picture and what truly matters - it helps me stay grounded. Also, I try not to procrastinate and waste time cause that just adds unnecessary stress!

I make sure to slot in "me-time" too, which helps me recharge and gives me energy for the other commitments in life. Me-time is a real necessity otherwise we won't have the capacity to give our best to other areas of our lives!

When work life gets hectic, I find it useful to just chillax and go with whatever's working. Setting super strict rules can backfire and add more stress, so I keep things fluid and adjust as needed.

I make sure to always set aside some 'me time' and also spend quality time with loved ones. That helps me stay centered and focused on what really matters - keeping a healthy perspective on work-life balance.

Organizing my to-do list is key too! I prioritize the most pressing tasks, otherwise, I'd be swamped and frazzled. It's about finding what works and staying adaptable - we don't wanna let work take over our whole lives!

Yah, keeping work and personal life separate is the key! I try to avoid bringing work home too and focus on enjoying my personal time. Got to keep things in perspective and remind myself that there's more to life than work, right? Taking care of ourselves first is so important - can't pour an empty cup!

Making time for some "me time" is a great way to de-stress and avoid burnout. I usually slot in some exercise or catch up with friends too; these are some of the simple joys in life that help me stay grounded. We definitely don't wanna let work engulf our whole lives!

I've been lucky in some ways 'cause I don't really face a crazy amount of work-life imbalance, so my strategies might not work for everyone! But what helps me is having set days for certain activities and sticking to them religiously. Like workout days, meal prep days, and chill days. That way, they become habits and it's easier to manage my time around them.

I also make sure to schedule in some 'me-time' every week, where I do something enjoyable that helps me recharge - could be a movie night or a long massage. If I don't feel like being social, I'll happily spend that time alone and that's totally cool too!

I think it's also about being realistic - some weeks are just crazy with work and deadlines, so I prioritize and do the bare minimum at home during those times. And that's okay, 'cause I know I'm doing my best and the other chores can wait till things calm down. As long as the essentials are taken care of, I don't stress too much about the rest.

It's also super helpful to have an understanding boss and colleagues who respect work-life boundaries. I make sure to communicate any changes or challenges I face, so we're all on the same page and can adjust plans accordingly without causing undue stress to anyone.

Overall, finding that balance is about being kind to yourself, being realistic, and having good folks around you!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu