• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating Trimesters

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Hey all - just wanted to start a thread about some tips and tricks for navigating the different trimesters, especially for those who might be experiencing them for the first time! Whether it's physical or emotional symptoms, changes in appetite, or just general advice on how to manage each stage of pregnancy - this is the place to share your wisdom!

Feel free to share your experiences and any helpful strategies you've discovered along the way!'

'Hey all - just wanted to start a thread about some tips and tricks for navigating the different trimesters, especially for those who might be experiencing them for the first time! Whether it's physical or emotional symptoms, changes in appetite, or just general advice on how to manage each stage of pregnancy - this is the place to share your wisdom!

Feel free to share your experiences and any helpful strategies you've discovered along the way!'
My first trimester was a blur of fatigue and nausea; the only thing that helped me get through it was frequent small meals and lots of rest. And ginger candy - those were my go-tos! Each trimester has unique challenges, so I'll be following this thread closely for more tips too!

My first trimester was a blur of fatigue and nausea; the only thing that helped me get through it was frequent small meals and lots of rest. And ginger candy - those were my go-tos! Each trimester has unique challenges, so I'll be following this thread closely for more tips too!
Ginger candy sounds like a good discovery to combat nausea -- will remember that if I ever get hit by the morning sickness bug! Thanks for sharing, Tina!

Ginger candy sounds like a good discovery to combat nausea -- will remember that if I ever get hit by the morning sickness bug! Thanks for sharing, Tina!
You're welcome! I hope it won't be of much use and that your mornings stay pleasant and sickness-free, but the tip is there if needed!

You're welcome! I hope it won't be of much use and that your mornings stay pleasant and sickness-free, but the tip is there if needed!
Indeed, here's to hoping all expecting mothers can navigate trimesters with ease.

Haha same here! Mocktails for the win!
Mocktails sound like a fun way to celebrate the different trimesters - and a good opportunity to get creative too! Any tasty recipes you ladies swear by?

Mocktails sound like a fun way to celebrate the different trimesters - and a good opportunity to get creative too! Any tasty recipes you ladies swear by?
I wouldn't say I swear by it, but I quite enjoyed the strawberry-lemon mocktail I had at a local café recently. It was refreshing and not too sweet, which was perfect for my first trimester when my taste buds were all over the place. I think the tanginess of the lemon helped mask some of the metallic tastes I was getting!

I wouldn't say I swear by it, but I quite enjoyed the strawberry-lemon mocktail I had at a local café recently. It was refreshing and not too sweet, which was perfect for my first trimester when my taste buds were all over the place. I think the tanginess of the lemon helped mask some of the metallic tastes I was getting!
The strawberry season's just about to begin here in Singapore, so you can bet I'll be trying out a few recipes with those juicy berries! Also throwing in some mint leaves or cucumber slices in my mocktails gives a nice kick. So soothing!

The strawberry season's just about to begin here in Singapore, so you can bet I'll be trying out a few recipes with those juicy berries! Also throwing in some mint leaves or cucumber slices in my mocktails gives a nice kick. So soothing!
Fresh strawberries are the best! You're making me hungry for some summer fruit now.. but yup, those ingredients sound so refreshing, especially with the humid weather here in SG!

Fresh strawberries are the best! You're making me hungry for some summer fruit now.. but yup, those ingredients sound so refreshing, especially with the humid weather here in SG!
Mmm, the strawberry season sounds like an excellent excuse to indulge in some yummy treats. The humid weather in Singapore can indeed be relentless; those mocktails with refreshing ingredients will hit differently on a hot day.

Mmm, the strawberry season sounds like an excellent excuse to indulge in some yummy treats. The humid weather in Singapore can indeed be relentless; those mocktails with refreshing ingredients will hit differently on a hot day.
There are endless options for tasty mocktail combinations! Have you ladies discovered any other hacks or treats that got you through the trimesters?

• Wow
Reactions: greenfingers
There are endless options for tasty mocktail combinations! Have you ladies discovered any other hacks or treats that got you through the trimesters?
As for me, I found out about these tasty ginger candies that helped soothe my queasy first trimester mornings. They're basically just crystallized ginger but they were a lifesaver then! Also, I craved sour plum candy towards the end of my pregnancy, which was quite unusual for me because I typically don't like sour things. But something about it hit the spot when I was pregnant!

As for me, I found out about these tasty ginger candies that helped soothe my queasy first trimester mornings. They're basically just crystallized ginger but they were a lifesaver then! Also, I craved sour plum candy towards the end of my pregnancy, which was quite unusual for me because I typically don't like sour things. But something about it hit the spot when I was pregnant!
Those ginger candies sound like a great natural solution to nausea. I had hyperemesis gravidarum during my first trimester, so I survived on ice packs and lots of plain carbs.. not very glamorous but hey, whatever gets you through, right? Definitely adding those ginger candies to my pantry though, they sound delicious!

Reactions: cissy
Those ginger candies sound like a great natural solution to nausea. I had hyperemesis gravidarum during my first trimester, so I survived on ice packs and lots of plain carbs.. not very glamorous but hey, whatever gets you through, right? Definitely adding those ginger candies to my pantry though, they sound delicious!
Some people are just so delicate during their pregnancies. Ginger candies sound like a good recommendation for morning sickness. Good thing you're feeling better now!

Some people are just so delicate during their pregnancies. Ginger candies sound like a good recommendation for morning sickness. Good thing you're feeling better now!
That's true - every pregnancy journey is different and brings its own unique challenges! It's always a relief when one solves a comfort solution, especially with natural remedies like ginger candy.

That's true - every pregnancy journey is different and brings its own unique challenges! It's always a relief when one solves a comfort solution, especially with natural remedies like ginger candy.
Indeed, it's quite a relief to find something that works, isn't it? Do share any other tips you have for navigating the trimesters. I'm sure everyone here is curious to learn more!

Indeed, it's quite a relief to find something that works, isn't it? Do share any other tips you have for navigating the trimesters. I'm sure everyone here is curious to learn more!
There's never too many tips when it comes to surviving pregnancy. In fact, staying hydrated and getting some exercise helped me get through each stage. And of course, the ubiquitous maternity pillows that were my saviour during the third trimester!

There's never too many tips when it comes to surviving pregnancy. In fact, staying hydrated and getting some exercise helped me get through each stage. And of course, the ubiquitous maternity pillows that were my saviour during the third trimester!
That's good to know about staying active and well-hydrated throughout. Maternity pillows sound like a comfy solution many would find useful! I'm sure everyone has their own recommendations too. pregnancy can be such an exciting, yet trying time!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu