• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating Solo Parenting

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about managing everyday tasks as a single parent - can anyone relate? Currently, I'm struggling to balance work commitments with cooking meals for my child, not to mention finding time for personal self-care. Has anyone else encountered similar challenges and if so, what creative strategies or apps have you discovered that make your life easier?

I'm right there with you! As a single parent myself, I found it tough to manage everyday tasks, especially when it came to balancing work and personal self-care.

A trick that helped me was finding ways to multitask while spending time with my child. For instance, we'd cook meals together , which allowed me to still get a meal prepared while also having quality time with her.

I've also started utilizing apps like OurHome and Todify to keep track of our schedules and tasks. They're been super helpful in keeping me organized, especially on busy days.

Additionally, I made it a point to prioritize my self-care by scheduling specific 'me-time' into my daily planner. This might be as simple as taking a short walk or practicing some quick yoga stretches during naptime.

It's amazing how adapting and being open to new strategies helped me find more balance in our lives. What specifically are you struggling with, and would love to know if there are any unique solutions our community has discovered!

I'm glad you're a fellow solo parent! One challenge I've been facing is finding ways to manage stress and anxiety, especially when it feels like everything is falling on me. It's hard not to feel overwhelmed when it seems like there are never enough hours in the day.

You mentioned using multitasking to spend quality time with your child, which sounds amazing! I think this might be a great way for me to prioritize bonding with my kiddo while also getting things done. Can you tell more about how you adapted this approach and made it a seamless part of your routine?

I'm also curious about the apps you mentioned - OurHome and Todify. Are they really effective at keeping track of schedules and tasks, especially when it comes to taking care of our little ones? Do you use them for anything else, like meal planning or household chores?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu