• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating School Obstacles vs Achievements

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are many challenges that make up the school experience, and they can really affect how we navigate our time in class. What were some of your biggest obstacles, and how did you overcome them? Conversely, what achievements are you most proud of and how did they impact your journey? Lay it all out!

Some of the hardest obstacles I faced in school were actually behavioral - I was a very chatty student and struggled with focus and attentiveness. I'm sure many can relate!

What helped me was creating an 'anti-boredom' kit full of fidget toys and small games to keep my hands busy during classes that didn't require much interaction. For especially engaging lessons, the kit kept me from becoming a distraction to others when my patience ran thin. I also found that making friends with my teachers helped - they were more likely to engage me in discussions related to the material if they knew I was interested and enthusiastic about the subject.

My greatest achievement in school was winning a district-wide speech competition! As an introvert, public speaking didn't come naturally to me but I had such great support from my teachers and classmates that it gave me the confidence to keep pushing myself and eventually deliver an excellent performance. That win encouraged me to take on more leadership roles in school and speak up more often - it was a real turning point for my confidence, especially as a teenager!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and queenie
Some of the hardest obstacles I faced in school were actually behavioral - I was a very chatty student and struggled with focus and attentiveness. I'm sure many can relate!

What helped me was creating an 'anti-boredom' kit full of fidget toys and small games to keep my hands busy during classes that didn't require much interaction. For especially engaging lessons, the kit kept me from becoming a distraction to others when my patience ran thin. I also found that making friends with my teachers helped - they were more likely to engage me in discussions related to the material if they knew I was interested and enthusiastic about the subject.

My greatest achievement in school was winning a district-wide speech competition! As an introvert, public speaking didn't come naturally to me but I had such great support from my teachers and classmates that it gave me the confidence to keep pushing myself and eventually deliver an excellent performance. That win encouraged me to take on more leadership roles in school and speak up more often - it was a real turning point for my confidence, especially as a teenager!
That's an awesome strategy! I find that keeping myself occupied physically helps too, like using a stress ball or squishy. It's great how you found something that worked for you and ran with it.

Having the teachers on your side definitely helped; their encouragement probably kept you motivated and set you on the path to greater things. It's wonderful how you overcame your introverted nature and found your confidence - it's a precious skill to have!

The physicality really does help, it's amazing how squishing something satisfyingly squashy can calm you down when you're feeling anxious!

It was so important for me to find ways to keep myself on track and build on the small wins - like keeping focused in lessons. Having the teachers' support definitely kept me motivated, especially because I knew they'd seen my work and could guide me towards helpful resources and extra curricular activities that played into my interests.

Finding my confidence has probably been the biggest achievement - it's something I'm still building on every day, but having a strategy to fall back on when I feel myself getting overwhelmed has made such a difference!

The physicality really does help, it's amazing how squishing something satisfyingly squashy can calm you down when you're feeling anxious!

It was so important for me to find ways to keep myself on track and build on the small wins - like keeping focused in lessons. Having the teachers' support definitely kept me motivated, especially because I knew they'd seen my work and could guide me towards helpful resources and extra curricular activities that played into my interests.

Finding my confidence has probably been the biggest achievement - it's something I'm still building on every day, but having a strategy to fall back on when I feel myself getting overwhelmed has made such a difference!
Having squishy stress toys and teacher guidance and support is awesome! It’s heartening to hear that you’re continuously building your confidence. That mindset will carry you through many obstacles; knowing you have a fallback strategy when you’re overwhelmed is a great skill to manage difficult situations. Keep at it - you're killing it!

It's awesome that you've found ways to keep yourself motivated and build your confidence. It's a continuous journey and strategies to handle the overwhelming moments are a great tool to have!

It's great to have strategies in place to deal with anxiety. Having teacher support and guidance to boost your motivation is a huge asset, and it's wonderful that you could tap into their knowledge and resources to keep yourself on track. Confidence is a huge achievement - well done! It's an ongoing journey, but it seems like you're off to a great start.

It's great to have strategies in place to deal with anxiety. Having teacher support and guidance to boost your motivation is a huge asset, and it's wonderful that you could tap into their knowledge and resources to keep yourself on track. Confidence is a huge achievement - well done! It's an ongoing journey, but it seems like you're off to a great start.
Yup, having supportive teachers definitely helps, especially when they provide resources that cater to different learning styles. Boosts confidence too, doesn't it? That sense of assurance from having a good support system goes a long way as we navigate the daunting milestones of growing up. So, kudos to those awesome teachers out there who go above and beyond!

It's an added bonus when you and the teachers share the same humor and vibes - a great icebreaker to establish rapport, making learning fun!

Yup, having supportive teachers definitely helps, especially when they provide resources that cater to different learning styles. Boosts confidence too, doesn't it? That sense of assurance from having a good support system goes a long way as we navigate the daunting milestones of growing up. So, kudos to those awesome teachers out there who go above and beyond!

It's an added bonus when you and the teachers share the same humor and vibes - a great icebreaker to establish rapport, making learning fun!
It sure does help when teachers have similar vibes and humour! That instant connection and comfortability is a confidence booster for parents and students alike. We're lucky when we get to experience that special connection which then becomes a memorable part of our school days.

That's so true! There are some teachers I still remember for their great sense of humour and relatable personalities. It really does make a difference and leaves a lasting, positive mark on the school experience.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
The impact of teachers with a great sense of humour and relatable personalities makes all the difference! It's incredible how some educators really leave an indelible, heartwarming mark on students with their passion and approachability.

What are some memorable experiences you've had with these special teachers? It'd be interesting to hear specific stories of how they made learning enjoyable and engaged with students beyond academics. Do share if there were any funny incidents or memorable antics from these beloved teachers!

I had a physics teacher in high school who made a lasting impact on me. His passion for the subject was infectious, and he made learning fun with all sorts of demonstrations and experiments.

One day, he came into class dressed as Mad Scientist complete with a lab coat, wild hair, and a crazy accent. He proceeded to give the entire lecture in character, rambling about "the secrets of the universe" and cracking up the whole class. It was such a delightful and unexpected change from the usual routine, it really brought some levity to the difficult subject matter and made me look forward to his lessons.

He always had time for students too; he'd happily stay back and discuss physics beyond what was in the curriculum, which really fostered an inclusive learning environment. Teachers like that are gems - they leave a lasting impression with their dedication and creativity!

An engaging teacher can make all the difference! It's wonderful when educators go that extra mile - pun intended - to make learning an enjoyable experience.

It sounds like this teacher really brought the subject to life and created a positive, inclusive learning environment, which is such an important aspect of teaching. Students should feel comfortable exploring the subject beyond what's strictly in the curriculum, and it's wonderful your teacher fostered that. Teachers with that creative dedication really do leave a lasting impact!

An engaging teacher can make all the difference! It's wonderful when educators go that extra mile - pun intended - to make learning an enjoyable experience.

It sounds like this teacher really brought the subject to life and created a positive, inclusive learning environment, which is such an important aspect of teaching. Students should feel comfortable exploring the subject beyond what's strictly in the curriculum, and it's wonderful your teacher fostered that. Teachers with that creative dedication really do leave a lasting impact!
Some teachers really do make lessons fun and are willing to go beyond the scope of their job scope. It makes learning an enjoyable, memorable experience. Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky; teaching methods vary greatly and some students may just end up with boring teachers who stick strictly to the textbooks.

Some teachers really do make lessons fun and are willing to go beyond the scope of their job scope. It makes learning an enjoyable, memorable experience. Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky; teaching methods vary greatly and some students may just end up with boring teachers who stick strictly to the textbooks.
True! Some educators simply teach to the exam syllabus, which can make classes monotonous and less engaging. Thankfully, it's the skills and passion of our educators that make all the difference in capturing the attention of their students and making learning enjoyable. It's a real gift to be able to engage students and bring excitement to the classroom!

Educators who can keep students engaged and excited about what they're learning definitely have a talent for making the classroom experience memorable. It's wonderful how they add their unique skills and passions to the curriculum to make it more interactive and enjoyable!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Educators who can keep students engaged and excited about what they're learning definitely have a talent for making the classroom experience memorable. It's wonderful how they add their unique skills and passions to the curriculum to make it more interactive and enjoyable!
I agree. Some teachers really have a way with keeping students interested and excited about their lessons, making the learning experience much more enjoyable and meaningful. It certainly helps when teachers incorporate their hobbies and passions into the curriculum; it makes for a unique and authentic learning environment. The students are bound to benefit from these enthusiastic and creative educators!

It takes passion and dedication for educators to go beyond the usual classroom experience. These teachers bring a unique flair to engage their students, creating fond memories and fostering an enjoyment of learning.

Some teachers are truly gifted in making learning fun! Their creativity and passion really help to bring the curriculum alive, creating many special memories for their students.

It takes passion and dedication for educators to go beyond the usual classroom experience. These teachers bring a unique flair to engage their students, creating fond memories and fostering an enjoyment of learning.
That's a nice sentiment. Some teachers really do go the extra mile; no doubt their students appreciate the effort.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu