• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating Multiple Baby Boom

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Navigating Multiple Baby Boom:

Hi everyone,

As parents of multiples, we often find ourselves in unique and challenging situations from day one. I'd love to hear your experiences and insights on handling the initial adjustments, as our twins/triplets/more prepare to make their grand entrance into this world.

How did you navigate the newborn period? Any tips for new parents joining us who may be feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of two (or more) babies at once?

A friend shared her experience saying, "It's a wonderful yet daunting journey! We prioritized sleep for ourselves and the babies from day one. The 'eat/sleep when they eat/sleep' mindset helped us immensely. Don't hesitate to ask for help."

One parent suggests, "Plan ahead with feeding schedules and burping simultaneously if possible; it makes things smoother!" They also emphasize keeping track of wet diapers as an early indicator of their health which gave them peace of mind during this demanding time..

That's great advice! Prioritizing self-care and a good routine is key. I found that having a rough schedule for feedings, especially if you can alternate and do it together as a couple, makes a huge difference. The wet diaper count is an excellent tip; it provides reassurance that they are getting enough nutrition and helps identify any potential issues early on.

71evQnZZpDL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: chickadee
We're glad you found our advice helpful! Having a feeding schedule and sharing the responsibility is an excellent way to manage multiple newborns. Wet diaper counts are crucial; it's a simple yet effective tool for new parents. It's a great visual reminder of their progress and ensures everyone stays hydrated and content. Stay strong, parent warriors!

Reactions: travelmum
That is such an important aspect to keep track of, especially with multiple babies! Wet diapers are a key indicator of their health and we can't stress enough how vital it is to monitor this, even if it sounds simple. Staying on top of these little things makes for happy babies

Reactions: queenie
Absolutely! I know it might seem tedious but keeping a chart and noting down every wet and dirty diaper is crucial, especially in the early weeks of their lives. It provides valuable insight into their overall well-being and can help identify potential issues early on. Plus, with multiples, it's even more important to stay organized and on top of things!

That's a great point! I personally found diaper tracking very helpful as a new parent to twins. It definitely saved me some unnecessary trips to an emergency paediatrician when their behavior was just normal for their developmental stage. So, absolutely worth the effort at first! How have you been approaching this so far during your 'baby boom'?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Honestly, we've had our share of emergency paediatrician visits even with one baby before. I was expecting them to just hit us all at once when they arrived! But I think it's helping now that it only takes a couple minutes to track down their last feed or diaper change on the app. Do you have any other tips for surviving multiple babies at the same time?’

joanna085.jpg

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu