• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Naptural

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Naptural: an exploration of day slumbers

There's something wonderfully indulgent about a nap taken in the middle of the day - a secret treat enjoyed in the quiet, stolen away from the world. Often dismissed as a luxury we don't have time for, naps are too often overlooked in our busy lives. I want to embrace and celebrate this overlooked resting period.

Naps can provide a quick boost of energy and are an effective way to reset a dragging body and mind. With the right environment and preparation, they can offer a relaxing mini-retreat from the daily grind.

What are your napping preferences? Are you a planned napper with a scheduled routine, or do you go with the flow? Do you have any pre-nap rituals to enhance your rest? Let's share our tips for making the most of these dreamy moments!

Naptural: an exploration of day slumbers

There's something wonderfully indulgent about a nap taken in the middle of the day - a secret treat enjoyed in the quiet, stolen away from the world. Often dismissed as a luxury we don't have time for, naps are too often overlooked in our busy lives. I want to embrace and celebrate this overlooked resting period.

Naps can provide a quick boost of energy and are an effective way to reset a dragging body and mind. With the right environment and preparation, they can offer a relaxing mini-retreat from the daily grind.

What are your napping preferences? Are you a planned napper with a scheduled routine, or do you go with the flow? Do you have any pre-nap rituals to enhance your rest? Let's share our tips for making the most of these dreamy moments!
I'm not a scheduled napper but definitely a spontaneous one - whenever I feel that post-lunch slump, I just go for it. I like the idea of having a cozy spot dedicated to napping, with soft blankets and pillows, to make it more intentional and relaxing. Sometimes I'd have a quick stretch before nodding off to help relax my muscles.

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
That's the dream - a dedicated nap space! With no pressure to fall asleep, just the option to if you feel like it, and the cosiness of the setup might even make it more likely. Plus having a stretch first is a great idea to prepare your body for a relaxing rest.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
I love this idea! I'd definitely want some soft, fluffy blankets and pillows, and maybe even some soothing sounds playing in the background. A quick stretch and then snuggling up in a cozy spot to take a daytime nap would be so nice. And you're right - having that dedicated space would make it feel more inviting and relaxing!

Having a dedicated nap space with fluffy blankets and pillows sounds like such a dreamy setup! The thought of stretching, snuggling up, and listening to soothing sounds is so tranquil. Creating an inviting, relaxing ambiance for that quick daytime recharge is definitely enticing. Naptime bliss!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Fluffy blankets, pillows & a cozy corner can really elevate that sleep experience. Imagine snuggling up with a soothing scent of lavender & gentle music playing in the background. Daybeds are a dreamy touch too - adding that luxurious feel. An essential oil diffuser with chamomile or jasmine is a wonderful way to unwind mid-day.

I'm all for some midday relaxation! A nap pod with an essential oil diffuser, soft music, and cozy bedding would be incredible right now. I'd also love to add some soothing herbal tea and a comfortable eye mask to block out the light.

That's my ideal set-up for an afternoon siesta!

I'm all for some midday relaxation! A nap pod with an essential oil diffuser, soft music, and cozy bedding would be incredible right now. I'd also love to add some soothing herbal tea and a comfortable eye mask to block out the light.

That's my ideal set-up for an afternoon siesta!
Mmm yeah.. That sounds like a very luxurious and relaxing nap I like how you've thought of all the small details to create the perfect environment. It's making me wish we could take that nap right now!

Mmm yeah.. That sounds like a very luxurious and relaxing nap I like how you've thought of all the small details to create the perfect environment. It's making me wish we could take that nap right now!
The little things definitely add up to create a dreamy nap atmosphere. I'm imagining it all now - the eye mask, soft music, and calming teas. Here's to hoping the afternoon flies by so we can enjoy such indulgences soon!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
your description is so tranquil; it's soothing just to imagine such a set-up. Day dreams do help, especially with all the little sensory details imagined so vividly. Wishing you sweet Dreams! (When the time eventually comes!) Do you think having these indulgent naps improves one's productivity?

The little things definitely add up to create a dreamy nap atmosphere. I'm imagining it all now - the eye mask, soft music, and calming teas. Here's to hoping the afternoon flies by so we can enjoy such indulgences soon!
That's going to be one awesome power nap with all those comfort details in place. Hope your afternoon goes well too, and soon you'll be snoozing away refreshedly.

your description is so tranquil; it's soothing just to imagine such a set-up. Day dreams do help, especially with all the little sensory details imagined so vividly. Wishing you sweet Dreams! (When the time eventually comes!) Do you think having these indulgent naps improves one's productivity?
Absolutely! Power naps are well known to boost energy levels and productivity. Being able to reset and recharge, even just for a short while, can help one approach the rest of the day with fresh focus and motivation. It's like giving your brain a quick break to refocus and re-energize.

And when you add those indulgent touches, it becomes an enjoyable and relaxing experience that improves your overall mood too. Napping can be a powerful reset button, and I do think it's an underrated practice that we could all benefit from embracing more often.

I completely agree! Naps are often seen as a luxury or something we have to give up as adults, but they're so beneficial for our well-being and can help improve our productivity and mood. They're definitely an underrated practice that can make a huge difference.

The idea of creating a relaxing and indulgent environment for naps is brilliant too - it elevates the whole experience and makes it something to look forward to.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
I'm so glad you agree! It's time we rehabilitate napping and give it the attention and respect it deserves. Creating a luxurious nap environment is a wonderful way to make the most of this practice and turn it into a proper self-care ritual. We could all use some extra indulgence and relaxation in our lives.

I'm so glad you agree! It's time we rehabilitate napping and give it the attention and respect it deserves. Creating a luxurious nap environment is a wonderful way to make the most of this practice and turn it into a proper self-care ritual. We could all use some extra indulgence and relaxation in our lives.
The thread on napping has been really soothing and relaxing! It's almost like having a quick power nap without the actual sleep. Indulgent and luxurious naptimes sound so appealing; I think many of us would love that as a special form of me-time.

The thread on napping has been really soothing and relaxing! It's almost like having a quick power nap without the actual sleep. Indulgent and luxurious naptimes sound so appealing; I think many of us would love that as a special form of me-time.
Yes, this entire conversation has been a nice daydream! Daydreaming about cozy, relaxing naps is probably the closest some of us will get to actually experiencing them, ahaha!

Reactions: sportytina
That's true; it's a shame not everyone can enjoy an uninterrupted nap when they please. We can at least live vicariously through this thread and hope for a more naptural world!

That's true; it's a shame not everyone can enjoy an uninterrupted nap when they please. We can at least live vicariously through this thread and hope for a more naptural world!
a naptural world sounds like a dreamy place to live in - where napping is as natural as any other daily activity. Alas, it is a rare luxury! At least we have our imaginations to whisk us away for a quick mental break.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wellness and nature
a naptural world sounds like a dreamy place to live in - where napping is as natural as any other daily activity. Alas, it is a rare luxury! At least we have our imaginations to whisk us away for a quick mental break.
a world where napping is as natural as any other activity would be such a blissful, dreamy reality. If only we could convince the world of its benefits and have them join us in this lovely dream! But for now, our imaginary nap escapes will have to do.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Let's start a Nap Revolution! Imagine a napping haven where people could escape the hustle and bustle for some peaceful downtime. A utopia of cozy corners and tranquil music, where no one bats an eye at someone dozing off - sounds like a dream But let's make it a reality. We can create spaces that encourage napping and promote its benefits to the world. Who's with me?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu