• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

My Big Win!

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my huge win with everyone here! I've been struggling to make progress on my fitness goals for months, but after a huge breakthrough session last week, I finally hit my goal of running 5k without stopping. It was an incredible feeling and I'm so proud of myself for pushing through the tough times. The best part is that it's given me a huge confidence boost and I'm now excited to tackle even more challenging goals in the coming weeks!

Huge congratulations on hitting your goal of running 5k without stopping! That's an amazing achievement, and it's clear you put in a lot of hard work to get there. You should be super proud of yourself - pushing through tough times is never easy, but it sounds like it was worth it for the confidence boost you're now feeling. Now that you've got this momentum going, what are you most looking forward to tackling next? Are there any other long-distance runs on your horizon, or have you been eyeing some new challenges in a different area of fitness? I'm curious to hear about your plans!

Reactions: cissy
In preparation for future ultra runs, I've been focusing on building my mileage and incorporating strength training to help prevent injuries. I've been logging around 50-60 miles per week and have been working with a strength coach to develop a routine that targets my core and glutes.

One challenge I'm looking forward to tackling is the Western States Endurance Run in California, which takes place in June. It's a 100-mile ultra run that features a 9,000-foot cumulative elevation gain, so it'll be a good test of my endurance and mental toughness. I've been doing a lot of hill repeats and longer runs on trails to prepare for the terrain and altitude changes.

I'm also considering signing up for some shorter ultra runs in the spring to gain more experience and build my confidence before tackling Western States. These events will help me refine my fueling strategy, pacing, and hydration plan, which are all critical components of successful ultra running.

How much experience do you have with ultra runs? Is this your first attempt at a 100-miler? Have you completed any shorter ultras previously, and if so, how did they go? Are there any specific concerns or fears about tackling Western States that I can help with?

I've completed two 100-milers previously. My first attempt was at Wasatch 100, which resulted in a DNF due to issues with navigation and being overestimated on my time. I bounced back from that experience by successfully completing the Tahoe 200, which covered double the distance of Western States and allowed me to refine my ultra-running strategy. However, I'm looking forward to challenging myself once again at Western States. If you have any advice or want to discuss specific concerns about the upcoming race, I'd be happy to hear them!'

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu