• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

"Must-have" Maternity Picks

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As many of you know, I'm pregnant! Hooray!! 🎉 One thing I've been loving throughout my pregnancy so far is discovering (and shopping 😁) for all the helpful, adorable, and comfortable products out there. From clothing to snacks and everything in between - it's like a whole new world and I am HERE for it!

I wanted to round up some of my current "must-haves" that get me through each day. These are the items that make pregnancy a little easier, a lot more comfortable, and a lot more stylish 😎

Let me know your go-to's too! I'm sure there are so many great finds I've yet to discover!! 🤩🙌

1) Comfy pants! Leggings, jogging pants, loose everything!!! I've been living in the comfiest, softest lounge pants ever and these bad boys have plenty of room for my growing bump.
2) Maternity support belt - this has been a godsend as my belly has grown! It helps with hip and back pain and makes standing/walking/carrying the tot around so much more comfortable.
3) Pregnancy pillows - I've seen so many on the market but the one I have is a total game-changer. It's C-shaped and supports my bump, back, and legs when I'm sleeping or just lounging on the couch. It even has a little pocket for remotes, chocolates 😂 - genius!
4) Maternity wardrobe basics from @shopxxxbaby - their pieces are so flattering with lots of room to grow and don't scream "maternity wear." I'm obsessed with their bodycon dresses especially!
5) Snacks!!! All the snacks!!! I've been hungry every 2 hours like clockwork so having nutritious (and delicious 😋) treats on hand has been essential. My latest craving is fruit Leather - have you guys tried it?? So good!!!
6) Bump photos! I never thought I'd be the kind of person to take weekly bump photos but here we are 🤪 It's actually so fun to see the progress and now I'm glad I started. Plus, it's cool to have a little photo project going on throughout the pregnancy.

Okay - your turn!! What are some of YOUR "must-haves" fellow mommas?? Anything you can't recommend enough?

As many of you know, I'm pregnant! Hooray!! 🎉 One thing I've been loving throughout my pregnancy so far is discovering (and shopping 😁) for all the helpful, adorable, and comfortable products out there. From clothing to snacks and everything in between - it's like a whole new world and I am HERE for it!

I wanted to round up some of my current "must-haves" that get me through each day. These are the items that make pregnancy a little easier, a lot more comfortable, and a lot more stylish 😎

Let me know your go-to's too! I'm sure there are so many great finds I've yet to discover!! 🤩🙌

1) Comfy pants! Leggings, jogging pants, loose everything!!! I've been living in the comfiest, softest lounge pants ever and these bad boys have plenty of room for my growing bump.
2) Maternity support belt - this has been a godsend as my belly has grown! It helps with hip and back pain and makes standing/walking/carrying the tot around so much more comfortable.
3) Pregnancy pillows - I've seen so many on the market but the one I have is a total game-changer. It's C-shaped and supports my bump, back, and legs when I'm sleeping or just lounging on the couch. It even has a little pocket for remotes, chocolates 😂 - genius!
4) Maternity wardrobe basics from @shopxxxbaby - their pieces are so flattering with lots of room to grow and don't scream "maternity wear." I'm obsessed with their bodycon dresses especially!
5) Snacks!!! All the snacks!!! I've been hungry every 2 hours like clockwork so having nutritious (and delicious 😋) treats on hand has been essential. My latest craving is fruit Leather - have you guys tried it?? So good!!!
6) Bump photos! I never thought I'd be the kind of person to take weekly bump photos but here we are 🤪 It's actually so fun to see the progress and now I'm glad I started. Plus, it's cool to have a little photo project going on throughout the pregnancy.

Okay - your turn!! What are some of YOUR "must-haves" fellow mommas?? Anything you can't recommend enough?
Hello! First of all, congratulations! 😊 My must-have item that pulled me through those tired, pregnant days were my compression socks - they helped with my poor circulation and were surprisingly comfortable. Wore them every day from my second trimester onwards. Would highly recommend getting a good pair!

Hey, big congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm also glad you asked about must-have maternity picks because there are some real gems out there that make the whole experience a lot more pleasant and manageable.

Since you asked for our go-to items, here are some that I found invaluable during my pregnancies:

1. Empire waist dresses: These are flowy, loose dresses that sit below the bust and flare outwards. They're so comfortable, elegant, and can stretch to accommodate a growing bump. I felt so classy wearing them, and they worked well for both casual and slightly more formal occasions.

2. Nursing shawls: I used these not just for nursing afterwards but also during pregnancy. They provided a quick and discrete cover when I needed to feed my craving for ice cream in public. Plus, the shawl's softness felt comforting against my skin.

3. Maternity swimwear: I found that swimming was one of the most comfortable physical activities I could do during pregnancy, and invested in some decent maternity swimsuits. They held everything in place nicely and were super comfy.

4. Preggie pillows: I agree with you on these! I had a U-shaped one which was a real back, bump, and neck support system. It made lounging on the sofa or sleeping so much cozier. I even used it long after pregnancy because it's just that comfy!

5. Water bottle: Staying hydrated is super important when you're expecting, and having a cute, insulated water bottle encouraged me to drink up. I carried mine everywhere and liked that it kept my water cold for hours.

6. Stretemark oil: Recommended by a friend, this natural oil blend helped with itchiness and dryness around the stretching belly area. It worked well and smelled lovely too boot.

7. Yoga/Pilates workouts: Not a physical item, but I found YouTube channels with prenatal yoga and Pilates sessions were a godsend for keeping my body mobile, stretched, and relatively pain-free during late pregnancy.

Hope this helps give you some ideas! Each pregnancy is different, but those were some of my favorites. It's such a fun time discovering all these little comforts :)

Hey, Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm so glad you asked about bump essentials because boy do I have some favorites too. Mine are a mix of comfort and convenience, especially for the first trimester which was rough for me. Here's what kept me going:

1. Comfy shoes - my feet swelled up reaaaal bad in the beginning, so comfortable sliders/flip flops were my go-to. Saved my swollen feet!

2. Belt-sized hair ties - these were a godsend for me because my pre-pregnancy clothes had to be modified quickly! They're thin so they can be used to tie up loose ends and excess fabric around your middle, plus you still look semi-presentable running errands.

3. Loose, soft, black top - seems simple but the bell-shaped bump silhouette is quite flattering and doesn't shout MATERNITY wear. It paired well with my maternity jeans and hid the fact that I hadn't done laundry in a while (aka they're versatile and hide stains well haha).

4. Reusable ice packs - yup, the ones you stick in the freezer! They saved me from achy hips and pellet-sized pregnancy hormones induced headaches.

5. Preggo Diet Aid app - this one's on my phone anyway for tracking meals and stuff. It has a great snack ideas section which is super helpful cause sometimes, you just run out of ideas past the carb cravings.

Hope these suggestions help!

Hi, big congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'd say one thing that expecting mothers should invest in is a good nursing bra. It's something that you'll use not just during pregnancy but also when the baby arrives, for breastfeeding. It needs to be something comfortable and easy to manage, especially if you're doing it public. I remember feeling conscious of myself when feeding my child in public, so having a good nursing bra gave me some confidence during those vulnerable times.

Another thing I liked having was a comfortable, yet stylish, diaper bag. Most designs out there look too sporty for my liking, so finding one that looks sleek yet functions well is a must-have for me. It's nice to remain stylish in all aspects, even when you're a mom!

Oh, and one more thing - have you planned your hospital bag essentials? That was an exciting part of preparing for motherhood for me! I packed lots of comfy clothes to wear after delivery -- those large underwear we don't usually see on the market, as well as oversize shirts and slippers. You'd want to feel cozy during your stay in the hospital, especially if you're recuperating.

I'm due for my second child soon, so these are the things that I've been gathering again and they got me excited!

Hello! Congrats on your pregnancy! How exciting!

I'm also gonna jump on the comfy pants train - they're a prenatal essential, along with a good, supportive bra. I lived in those two items towards the end of my pregnancies! Also, I didn't discover them earlier, but maternity leggings are actually really comfortable and worth the investment. They don't dig into your Bump and are super versatile - you can dress them up or down.

Hey, congratulations! You surely have an exciting journey ahead!

I'm so glad you shared your go-to's; they're mostly what I would have recommended too, especially the comfy pants and pregnancy pillows--both a must-have for every expecting momma. Also, kudos to you for choosing nutritious snacks; it's so important to stay energized during pregnancy!

One thing that I found super useful, especially towards the third trimester, was a comfortable recliner or rocking chair for nursing. It was a lifesaver during late-night feeding sessions, and you could also use it for those bump photos!

Also, these may not be "must-haves," but stretch mark creams and a good body lotion were products that I kept on hand during my pregnancy. You've gotta keep that growing belly well moisturized to combat the itchiness!

What other fun finds have you ladies discovered for those precious nine months?

Congratulation!! 🎉 I'd say a good maternity pillow is a must-have, the C-shaped ones are so versatile and really do make a difference in comfort, especially for side sleepers. Oh, and a pregnancy belt - great for supporting the bump weight and preventing back pain!

Hey, huge congrats on your pregnancy! 🎉🍼 So exciting!

Comfy shoes have been my savior! I basically live in my slides/slippers these days as they're easy to wear and comfy AF. My feet have swollen up recently, so the wide fit is a blessing. Also been enjoying fresh, cooling face masks - they're super relaxing and de-puffing, which is much needed when you're pregnant and retaining water like mad!

And yup, cannot agree more on the snacks front. I've been eating like a horse and recently been into healthy protein bars. They're handy to have around for quick energy boosts and actually quite yummy too - my fave is the peanut butter flavor.

What about you guys? Any other preggo must-haves?

Congrats on your pregnancy! As a mum myself, I totally agree with you on the maternity support belt and pregnancy pillows; they were my saving grace during both my pregnancies, especially for hip and back discomfort. I also found compression socks to be a unexpected essential, as it helped with my swollen feet and legs. And yes, comfortable footwear is a no-brainer too!

Congrats on your pregnancy! Every expectant mother deserves to indulge in some comfy treats. I'd recommend a nursing shirt; it's handy even before the baby arrives as it provides easy access for discreet feeding and has plenty of room for your growing bump. You can never have too many of these! Also, a pregnancy journal is a lovely way to track your thoughts, bumps, kicks, and preparations - something you may appreciate looking back on later with your little one.

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's an exciting time indeed with all the new experiences and discoveries :)

I totally feel you on the comfortable clothing front! Maternity jeans were a worthwhile investment for me - they're designed to sit below the bump and have lots of stretch too. Also, as you mentioned, snacks are a must! I found that having high-energy, nutritious bars helped a lot because some days were just too busy for proper meals.

Oh, and another thing that was a lifesaver was a prenatal massage every few weeks. It helped ease back and muscle aches and was a great way to de-stress too. worth every cent!

What other discoveries have you made that you couldn't live without during this special time?

Hey! Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'd say my pregnancy must-have was a good, supportive bra. I lived in those things and found that the right support made all the difference in comfort levels, especially once the bump grew. Also, I second the vote for comfy pants - baggy, high-waisted ones with plenty of stretch that'll grow with your bump are a God-send.

What kind of fruit leather are you snacking on? The variety sounds delicious and a great snack idea I haven't thought of!

Hello! First of all, congratulations! 😊 My must-have item that pulled me through those tired, pregnant days were my compression socks - they helped with my poor circulation and were surprisingly comfortable. Wore them every day from my second trimester onwards. Would highly recommend getting a good pair!
Compression socks are a great idea, especially to help with circulation issues - definitely a good suggestion for expecting moms! I had some pregnancy-induced swelling too, so these would have been a godsend. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: luciana
Oh thank you!! 😊😊 Compression socks?! That's a new one for me but it makes so much sense, especially for the circulation - genius! I'm all for anything that can help with comfort and make pregnancy a little easier. Will definitely check those out, thank you for the recommendation! 💕

Hey, big congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm also glad you asked about must-have maternity picks because there are some real gems out there that make the whole experience a lot more pleasant and manageable.

Since you asked for our go-to items, here are some that I found invaluable during my pregnancies:

1. Empire waist dresses: These are flowy, loose dresses that sit below the bust and flare outwards. They're so comfortable, elegant, and can stretch to accommodate a growing bump. I felt so classy wearing them, and they worked well for both casual and slightly more formal occasions.

2. Nursing shawls: I used these not just for nursing afterwards but also during pregnancy. They provided a quick and discrete cover when I needed to feed my craving for ice cream in public. Plus, the shawl's softness felt comforting against my skin.

3. Maternity swimwear: I found that swimming was one of the most comfortable physical activities I could do during pregnancy, and invested in some decent maternity swimsuits. They held everything in place nicely and were super comfy.

4. Preggie pillows: I agree with you on these! I had a U-shaped one which was a real back, bump, and neck support system. It made lounging on the sofa or sleeping so much cozier. I even used it long after pregnancy because it's just that comfy!

5. Water bottle: Staying hydrated is super important when you're expecting, and having a cute, insulated water bottle encouraged me to drink up. I carried mine everywhere and liked that it kept my water cold for hours.

6. Stretemark oil: Recommended by a friend, this natural oil blend helped with itchiness and dryness around the stretching belly area. It worked well and smelled lovely too boot.

7. Yoga/Pilates workouts: Not a physical item, but I found YouTube channels with prenatal yoga and Pilates sessions were a godsend for keeping my body mobile, stretched, and relatively pain-free during late pregnancy.

Hope this helps give you some ideas! Each pregnancy is different, but those were some of my favorites. It's such a fun time discovering all these little comforts :)
Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying discovering these little comforts 😊 as you put it!

Empire waist dresses sound like a stylish and comfortable option - love the idea of feeling elegant yet being super comfy!

I didn't realize there was specific maternity swimwear; that's intriguing! And I've been curious about these preggie pillows - sounds like a U-shaped is the way to go.

Stretchmark oil is something I've been looking into too, as I've heard that some natural oils can help with scarring as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

Yoga and Pilates are definitely things I should get into; good on you for keeping active! I've been walking a lot, which helps with energy and sleep quality, but I feel like some stretching would be beneficial too.

There really is so much to discover and prepare for 😁 Looking forward to hearing more recommendations!

I'm so glad you asked about bump essentials because boy do I have some favorites too. Mine are a mix of comfort and convenience, especially for the first trimester which was rough for me. Here's what kept me going:

1. Comfy shoes - my feet swelled up reaaaal bad in the beginning, so comfortable sliders/flip flops were my go-to. Saved my swollen feet!

2. Belt-sized hair ties - these were a godsend for me because my pre-pregnancy clothes had to be modified quickly! They're thin so they can be used to tie up loose ends and excess fabric around your middle, plus you still look semi-presentable running errands.

3. Loose, soft, black top - seems simple but the bell-shaped bump silhouette is quite flattering and doesn't shout MATERNITY wear. It paired well with my maternity jeans and hid the fact that I hadn't done laundry in a while (aka they're versatile and hide stains well haha).

4. Reusable ice packs - yup, the ones you stick in the freezer! They saved me from achy hips and pellet-sized pregnancy hormones induced headaches.

5. Preggo Diet Aid app - this one's on my phone anyway for tracking meals and stuff. It has a great snack ideas section which is super helpful cause sometimes, you just run out of ideas past the carb cravings.

Ah yes indeedly, those sneaky hormone-induced headaches... Nothing like some icy cold relief to sort that out. And I totally agree about the clothes - black tops are a staple! You can never go wrong and they're so versatile :D

What other random but super helpful items did you guys discover?

Thank you for sharing your must-haves, they sound like useful items indeed! I found that every pregnancy is so different, each with its own unique challenges, and those little life hacks certainly come in handy. My second pregnancy threw me some curve balls that I didn't experience the first time around, so these suggestions are much appreciated!

Reactions: luciana

Thanks, I totally understand the pregnancy struggle, haha! I'm glad I had lots of comfortable attire at least. Those sound like some handy bump essentials you've got there! Congrats again by the way :)

Reactions: cissy
Hi, big congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'd say one thing that expecting mothers should invest in is a good nursing bra. It's something that you'll use not just during pregnancy but also when the baby arrives, for breastfeeding. It needs to be something comfortable and easy to manage, especially if you're doing it public. I remember feeling conscious of myself when feeding my child in public, so having a good nursing bra gave me some confidence during those vulnerable times.

Another thing I liked having was a comfortable, yet stylish, diaper bag. Most designs out there look too sporty for my liking, so finding one that looks sleek yet functions well is a must-have for me. It's nice to remain stylish in all aspects, even when you're a mom!

Oh, and one more thing - have you planned your hospital bag essentials? That was an exciting part of preparing for motherhood for me! I packed lots of comfy clothes to wear after delivery -- those large underwear we don't usually see on the market, as well as oversize shirts and slippers. You'd want to feel cozy during your stay in the hospital, especially if you're recuperating.

I'm due for my second child soon, so these are the things that I've been gathering again and they got me excited!
That's a great suggestion about the nursing bra, especially for newbies who are still unfamiliar with what to expect. It's nice to be mentally prepared in advance.

A stylish diaper bag is a great call-out too; we do ourselves a favor by investing in something that'll last through many outfit changes! And yes, hospital bag essentials - I've heard some moms say they over-packed but it's really about finding the right essentials. Don't want to be lugging around unnecessary stuff!

I appreciate your input -- it gets me thinking of the exciting journey ahead for first-time mothers! :)

Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu