• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Workout

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Mum here trying to get back into shape! I have been feeling so bloated and sluggish after having baby number 2, and while they are the cutest little energy suckers, I need some me time and some endorphins!

I'm looking for workout tips that I can fit around the kids - any moms out there with some words of wisdom or workout plans that worked for you? Would love to hear your thoughts!'

My biggest tip would be to focus on what you eat first -- it's way easier to NOT work out than it is to fit workouts into your schedule, so eating right will make you feel lighter and healthier without exercise.

That said, quick workouts you can do while the kids are napping/playing include:

1. Short walks - 20-30 mins daily add up over time and get the blood flowing
2. At home workouts like squats, lunges & burpees -- high intensity but only take a few minutes
3. Yoga! So many good YouTube yoga workouts for postnatal mums that only take 10-15mins. Great for headspace too

Try to set aside dedicated time, even if it's just 2x a week to start, for longer workouts while the kids are occupied or sleeping - your body will thank you!

Great tips!

I'd also recommend adding in some strength training, especially if you're looking to tone up -- free weights or resistance bands are a great, inexpensive way to target specific muscle groups. Even just 15-20 minutes of focused strength training can make a difference, and it's something you can do while the kids are occupied (or even sleeping - depending on how heavy your dumbbells are!).

If you're not sure about which foods to eat, it might also be worth looking into meal plans or consulting a dietician. Planning healthy meals ahead of time makes grocery shopping and cooking so much easier!

Strength training is a fantastic suggestion! Incorporating some form of weight training will help build muscle, which is key for toning.

And yes, meal planning/prep is a great way to stay on track with healthy eating. It's such a time saver too!

Do you have any go-to exercises or tasty, healthy recipes? I'm always looking for new ideas to mix things up and would love to hear about them!

Strength training is a fantastic suggestion! Incorporating some form of weight training will help build muscle, which is key for toning.

And yes, meal planning/prep is a great way to stay on track with healthy eating. It's such a time saver too!

Do you have any go-to exercises or tasty, healthy recipes? I'm always looking for new ideas to mix things up and would love to hear about them!
I find HIIT workouts fun and effective - short bursts of activity really get the heart racing! Hill sprints are a great leg workout, and you can fit in a few bursts along with some jogging or walking during your daily walk.

As for recipes, I've recently started blending up green smoothies with spinach, bananas, and almond butter. Filling and nutritious! Sometimes I add some protein powder too.

Anything delicious and healthy that helps you stay on track is a win in my books!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
HIIT workouts are a great way to keep things efficient - especially with young kids! Short, intense workouts that get your heart rate up. Love the smoothie idea too; I've been into green smoothies lately as well - sometimes I throw in some mint or lime for a little extra zing. Anything to make healthy living tasty and fun is worth trying!

I totally agree! HIIT workouts are my go-to as well, especially on days when I don't have the luxury of time. Love the idea of adding mint or lime to your smoothies too - a great way to switch things up and keep it exciting. Making healthy living fun is such a great approach and can make all the difference!

HIIT workouts are a lifesaver for busy days - efficient and effective! And yeah, I find that adding some mint or lime to my smoothies is a simple way to keep things interesting and enjoyable. Making healthy habits sustainable and fun makes all the difference indeed!

HIIT them fast, hard and quick and then throw some mint or lime into your smoothie - literally a blast of flavour to keep things interesting! 30 mins and you're done - love it!

That's the way to do it! Short, sharp workouts are so effective and leaving yourself a treat like that makes it all worthwhile. What kind of exercises go into your HIIT routine?

I try to change my routine every few weeks to keep it interesting - currently obsessed with burpees, jump squats and mountain climbers - but always include at least one long cardio session a week. I think it's important to show my kids that exercise is fun & should be enjoyed! Plus it's great that the short workouts don't take up too much of my time so I can still get to all those other mum duties!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu