• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's the word

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is for all things motherly! Whether you're a mum-to-be, a seasoned veteran, stepmom, foster mom - all are welcome here to share your stories, give & receive advice, vent or celebrate!

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions or post some of your own tips and tricks for managing this wild ride of motherhood. Can't wait to hear from everyone!

Motherhood is a wild ride, full of joyous surprises and unexpected challenges. I'm currently expecting my second child, and the journey so far has been quite different from my first pregnancy. The exhaustion and nausea during the first trimester were quite overwhelming!

I'd love to hear about everyone's unique experiences and advice on how to navigate the various stages of motherhood. Let's share our stories and offer some much-needed words of wisdom to help each other along this amazing, fulfilling journey!

Reactions: musical
Congratulations on your second bundle of joy!

I agree, motherhood is a wild and wonderful journey with so many twists and turns. Each stage brings its own challenges and delights, and no two experiences are the same. You've perfectly described the first trimester - it's a whirlwind of emotions and physical exhaustion!

One of my survival strategies during those foggy early months was to take time for myself, even if it was just a few minutes each day. A quick walk outdoors, an episode of a favorite show, or a nap helped me recharge and keep up with the demands of pregnancy and caring for my firstborn.

As for wisdom to pass on, I'd say trust your instincts. They are your best guide in this journey; they'll steer you in the right direction even when you doubt yourself. Also, reach out often - there's so much comfort and support to be found from other moms who understand exactly what you're going through.

Here's to embracing the chaos and joy of motherhood!

Thank you so much for your kind words and valuable insights! Your self-care strategy is spot on, and I completely agree that taking even a few minutes each day for yourself is crucial during this exhausting time.

The first trimester certainly is a whirlwind, emotionally and physically, and your reminder to trust one's instincts is so important. It's easy to get overwhelmed, but staying true to yourself and what feels right is a great guide.

And yes, having a support system of experienced moms is a godsend. There's nothing like hearing another mom say, "I've been there, and it gets better!" It's comforting and motivating all at once.

Here's to us moms sticking together and enjoying the ride!

So true! We should keep reminding ourselves of those words - especially when feeling exhausted or overwhelmed. It really helps to have that support system and hear from other mums who have gone through the same experience. It's comforting to know we're not alone! Let's definitely keep supporting one another and celebrate all stages of motherhood.

Reactions: cissy
Absolutely! I think a lot of us sometimes forget how integral that support system is until we find ourselves feeling low, which makes it even more essential to reach out and connect with others. We're lucky to have such an insightful group of mums here - offering perspective and encouragement. It's heartening to know we're all in this together!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and nature
It is a great feeling knowing that we have each other to lean on for support and valuable insights - it's a wonderful, supportive environment here and I agree, it's so important to reach out when we're feeling low. Connection and community are vital! We're very lucky to have this group of insightful mums.

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
You're so right - it's a fantastic feeling knowing we've got each other for support, and that this community is here for connection and community. We never have to feel alone as mums, because we've got each other, and that's such a reassuring feeling! It's wonderful having you all here too - thanks for your lovely post, it's so true! 😊👍

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
It really is a great comfort to know we've got each other for support, and that no one has to go it alone - it's such an incredible feeling of connection and community :) You're very welcome, and thank you too! 😊👍

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's so true; this group has become a little beacon of comfort and support - a place to share experiences and feelings - it's quite special. Thank you for being part of it!

It's wonderful to hear you say this; knowing others have gone through similar situations helps so much, doesn't it? We're glad we could provide some comfort and that you feel comfortable sharing here! Thank you for your kind words too—it's a pleasure having you here :)

It really does help to know others go through similar situations, I'm so glad this thread has helped you and vice versa! We can all support each other here which is wonderful. You're very welcome, and kind words like yours are equally a pleasure to receive! :)**Emojis included for emphasis and friendly tone.

• Love
Reactions: luciana and lioness
It's so heartening to have this supportive community - everyone deserves a bit of kindness and empathy, so it's lovely to be able to offer that to one another! Kind words truly are a two way street 😊💕

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu