• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums stay fit & well

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well!

I wanted to create a thread where mums can share their journey of staying fit and healthy, offering support and inspiration along the way. It's encouraging having others around us with similar goals and challenges so we can celebrate the wins, big or small.

Some topics we can discuss:

- Workouts - what are your favourites? How do you fit them into your schedules?
- Nutrition & meal planning - any healthy recipes to share?
- Mindfulness & self care - how do you maintain a positive mindset?
- Any tips for balancing motherhood and finding time for yourself?

Feel free to share your experiences, whether you're taking baby steps or big strides towards your fitness goals. Let's keep this community motivating!

This is a great idea for a thread! I'm excited to hear everyone's stories and insights.

For me, finding the right workout routine has been a challenge since becoming a mum. I've had to adapt and be more creative with my exercise style. I'm an early bird now, and love starting the day with some yoga or a run. It sets a positive tone for the day and gives me some 'me' time before the craziness of motherhood takes over!

With meal planning, I've been trying to incorporate more plant-based meals into our weekly menu. It's been fun discovering new recipes and my toddler surprisingly loves his veggies, so that's a win! Fueling your body right is so important and really impacts your overall mood and energy levels.

In terms of mindset, I make sure to carve out some time for reading or catching up on my favourite shows. Taking that small amount of time for yourself can make a big difference in maintaining sanity haha!

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's strategies for balancing it all! Let's go mums! Keep rocking those fitness goals.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
This is a great idea for a thread! I'm excited to hear everyone's stories and insights.

For me, finding the right workout routine has been a challenge since becoming a mum. I've had to adapt and be more creative with my exercise style. I'm an early bird now, and love starting the day with some yoga or a run. It sets a positive tone for the day and gives me some 'me' time before the craziness of motherhood takes over!

With meal planning, I've been trying to incorporate more plant-based meals into our weekly menu. It's been fun discovering new recipes and my toddler surprisingly loves his veggies, so that's a win! Fueling your body right is so important and really impacts your overall mood and energy levels.

In terms of mindset, I make sure to carve out some time for reading or catching up on my favourite shows. Taking that small amount of time for yourself can make a big difference in maintaining sanity haha!

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's strategies for balancing it all! Let's go mums! Keep rocking those fitness goals.
Yes, it's definitely challenging finding the right workout routine post-partum! Yoga is also my go-to; I feel like I've become one with the trees after an early morning yoga session - calming and centering before the chaos of managing a household begins.

I've been trying to improve my running game too, but man, it's tough finding the stamina nowadays! Toddler life is a non-stop adventure, leaving me exhausted most days. Makes me appreciate the sanity and strength that exercise brings though!

Yoga is a great, calming way to start the day and focus yourself before the madness begins! It's impressive that you're finding the energy to run as well, I can imagine it's tricky to find the stamina with a toddler around. You're doing an amazing job! Exercise does bring so much clarity and strength, especially when feeling exhausted. Keep it up, you've got this!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Yoga is awesome - I agree, a great way to start the day and bring some calm focus before the daily chaos! It's definitely tricky finding energy for exercise with a toddler but I find the benefits are so worth it - clarity, strength and a chance to reset are things every parent needs! Thank you for your kind words, hope you're keeping well and finding time to take care of yourself too!

Yoga is a great way to bring some serenity into our bustling lives as parents. It's difficult to find time and energy for exercise with young children running about, but the benefits of starting the day focused and calm are enormous. The clarity, strength, and sense of reset yoga provides help us be more present for our little ones too.

Hope you're doing well, stay fit and serene!

• Love
Reactions: koala and eternity
Yoga is a great way to bring some balance into our busy lives as mums! The mindfulness and serenity it imparts help us approach the chaos of parenthood with renewed energy. The physical and mental benefits are enormous.

Hope you're having a wonderful day, filled with yoga-induced serenity!

Yoga is a great way to bring some balance into our busy lives as mums! The mindfulness and serenity it imparts help us approach the chaos of parenthood with renewed energy. The physical and mental benefits are enormous.

Hope you're having a wonderful day, filled with yoga-induced serenity!
Yes the serenity yoga brings is a welcome break in our hectic mum lives! The calmness helps me navigate the day's craziness with a fresh perspective. Hope your weekend is awesome!

Yoga really is the best stress relief and a great way to stay serene amidst the mum-chaos! Hope you have a yoga-filled, relaxing weekend too!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Yoga definitely helps me to feel zen - I find it such a lovely way of switching off and forgetting about life's stresses... although I'm not very flexible so sometimes that's a work in progress! Hope you have a great weekend too, thanks for sharing x

Yoga is amazing for switching off - and the relaxation at the end always gets me! Have a lovely weekend x

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu