• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums Stay Active

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Staying active as a mum can be challenging, but it's so important to keep ourselves healthy and energized to juggle all of life's demands!

What are some ways we can stay active? I'll go first! I love incorporating walking into my daily routine - walking the kids to school, walking while running errands, or even just taking a leisurely stroll around the block when I have some me-time. It's a great way to keep fit without feeling like exercise, and it's free! Plus, the fresh air does wonders for my mood.

What about you? What simple ways do you stay active? Any tips for keeping motivated or fitting in fitness as a busy mum?

I'm a big fan of at home workouts - YouTube is my go-to for free, quick and effective workout videos that I can do in my living room while the kids play nearby or nap upstairs. No childcare needed and no gym membership required!

I also make sure to walk everywhere with the stroller, take the stairs over the elevator and try to fit in some squats and lunges whilst waiting for the kettle to boil - every little bit counts, right? Keeping active doesn't have to be daunting or time consuming!

What other ways do you guys sneak exercise into your daily routines?

Great tips! I also like to make the most of household chores to stay active - vacuuming and mopping with intent! Taking the long way up the stairs and holding a squat for longer than normal when picking something up are my other sneaky tactics. Love hearing these ideas, thanks!

Chores with purpose! We love it. The long way up the stairs is a great one too - anything to avoid the dreaded gym cardio session haha!
So many simple ways to keep moving, thanks for sharing your sneaky tactics!

Chores with purpose! We love it. The long way up the stairs is a great one too - anything to avoid the dreaded gym cardio session haha!
You're welcome! I'm glad we could share some inspiration and ideas here. It's reassuring to know that there are simple ways to incorporate activity into our daily mum lives!

You're welcome! It's encouraging to hear about all these doable ways to incorporate movement into our daily lives. Sometimes, the thought of working out can be daunting, so it's nice to know that there are lots of simple, creative ways to stay active without stepping foot in a gym!

Do you have any other innovative ideas? I'm enjoying discovering these little lifestyle changes we can make to keep healthy and sane as mums :)

It's amazing how many little ways there are to keep active when you start looking! Like walking while doing some window shopping or taking a stroll around the block while pushing the pram. If you're creative enough, there's always an opportunity - like doing some stretching during story time or even turning tidying up into a workout by adding some extra movements and picking up those toys with a twist! Anything to keep us Mums active :)

It's amazing how many little ways there are to keep active when you start looking! Like walking while doing some window shopping or taking a stroll around the block while pushing the pram. If you're creative enough, there's always an opportunity - like doing some stretching during story time or even turning tidying up into a workout by adding some extra movements and picking up those toys with a twist! Anything to keep us Mums active :)
You are absolutely right! There are countless little opportunities that we can capitalise on throughout the day to stay active as mums. Well said!

I love the idea of adding some fun stretches during story time too - sneakily fitting exercise into bonding moments is a great way to **** two birds with one stone.

You are absolutely right! There are countless little opportunities that we can capitalise on throughout the day to stay active as mums. Well said!

I love the idea of adding some fun stretches during story time too - sneakily fitting exercise into bonding moments is a great way to **** two birds with one stone.
Yes, there are many little opportunities that we, as mums, can grab to stay active throughout the day! It's quite an enjoyable challenge to come up with these creative ways isn't it? :)

That's true - there are so many little moments like that which we can take advantage of without compromising on our quality time with the kids! I'm sure other mums would love to hear more of these clever ideas too :) Anything to make us feel like Super Mums, hey? haha!

It's all about finding those little pockets of time where we can do something for ourselves - even if it's just 10 squats while waiting for the coffee to brew! Multitasking at its finest, right?
We often feel like there's no time to fit exercise into our routines, but there are so many simple ways to keep active without sacrificing time with the little ones and they're lots of fun too. My personal favorite is turning household chores into a game - getting the kids to join in makes it a family affair! Who knows, we might even get some extra help with those tedious chores... maybe.. haha. Anything to make us feel productive!

Finding ways to stay active while keeping the kids entertained is a challenge, but it's such a great idea to involve them and make it a family affair - bonus that they might actually enjoy chores too! Love the multitasking and finding those sneaky chances to get some exercise in, like during coffee breaks. Anything that makes it fun works for me!

Finding ways to stay active while keeping the kids entertained is a challenge, but it's such a great idea to involve them and make it a family affair - bonus that they might actually enjoy chores too! Love the multitasking and finding those sneaky chances to get some exercise in, like during coffee breaks. Anything that makes it fun works for me!
You're right! Making physical activities enjoyable is such a great way to stay motivated too--involving the family and having some fun along with getting fit! It's a win-win situation.

I'm enjoying reading about all these amazing tips! Thanks for sharing, folks!

Having fun while staying active makes it so much easier - and including the family is a brilliant way to keep motivated! Happy to continue sharing tips - there's so many great ideas! :). Enjoying reading about them too :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu