• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums Mindful Escape

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Escaping the daily pressures of being a mum can be challenging, especially when you’re busy balancing work and family life. Taking some time for yourself is crucial though - a mindful escape is a powerful way to recharge and refocus your energy.

This thread is an open space where we can share those little (or big) things we do to create some headspace and reconnect with ourselves, even if it’s just for five minutes! Share your go-to mindfulness techniques, activities or practices that help you find clarity and peace of mind in the midst of motherhood. Whether it's meditation apps, a walk in nature, yoga, journaling, painting, an evening bath or simply sitting in the car listening to some tunes - we want to hear about your mindful escapes!

What's that one thing you do to create some 'me' time and restore your mind?

For me, finding headspace comes through running. It's my time to switch off and zone out, literally and metaphorically!

I run early in the morning, usually 5-7km, three times a week. I'm not the fastest and often end up running/walking but that's fine by me as it gives me time to observe my surroundings; the changing seasons, the beautiful sunrise, the occasional curious cat. Running also gives me time to think and process everything going on - it's like an internal brain storm without any distractions.

I return home with a clearer mind, ready for the day and the demands of motherhood. It really is my anchor and I feel centred and almost anxious if I go too long without my daily run.

I'd love to hear about your mindful running experiences too and how you find running helps your mental health!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Running offers a great opportunity to switch off and find some headspace - I totally agree! It's amazing how a regular dose of exercise can help us feel more centred and better equipped to take on the day.

For me, mindful running is all about being present and noticing the little things; the sensation of the wind on my skin, the sounds around me, the sights - it's incredibly grounding. I also love how running can transport you to a different headspace mentally; tackling a tough incline has such a great sense of achievement, it boosts my confidence in other areas of life too.

I haven't run for a while due to an injury, but reading this thread makes me want to get back into it! The endorphin high and feeling of accomplishment after a good run is such a great boost to mental health and well-being. I'm keen to get back out there and find my 'running legs' again!

Running offers a great opportunity to switch off and find some headspace - I totally agree! It's amazing how a regular dose of exercise can help us feel more centred and better equipped to take on the day.

For me, mindful running is all about being present and noticing the little things; the sensation of the wind on my skin, the sounds around me, the sights - it's incredibly grounding. I also love how running can transport you to a different headspace mentally; tackling a tough incline has such a great sense of achievement, it boosts my confidence in other areas of life too.

I haven't run for a while due to an injury, but reading this thread makes me want to get back into it! The endorphin high and feeling of accomplishment after a good run is such a great boost to mental health and well-being. I'm keen to get back out there and find my 'running legs' again!
Being mindful while running can help us appreciate the little things we might otherwise miss - that feeling of wind and sights and sounds really does ground us in the present moment. Here's to getting your running legs back and discovering that post-run high again; it's a great way to reset and recenter!

Reactions: greenfingers
Being mindful while running can help us appreciate the little things we might otherwise miss - that feeling of wind and sights and sounds really does ground us in the present moment. Here's to getting your running legs back and discovering that post-run high again; it's a great way to reset and recenter!
There's nothing like that runner's high - the rest of the world melts away, leaving only you, the road, and your thoughts. It's a refreshing and empowering feeling. You're right; it's these little things that make us appreciate the simple pleasures of running and being out in nature.

Running truly is a great way to reconnect with yourself amidst nature's calming embrace. The feeling of being immersed in your thoughts while your feet carry you forward is refreshing. It's a simple pleasure that reminds us sometimes the most mundane actions can bring profound joy!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
The simplicity of running, jogging or even walking and letting your mind roam freely while taking in nature is a powerful way to de-clutter and recenter. It's amazing how these slow and methodical movements can help us find clarity and joy in the midst of our busy lives. We often crave grand gestures and big experiences to bring us joy, when sometimes the smallest acts like running can offer a profound mindful escape!

I completely agree - there's something so grounding and calming about being able to just run/jog/walk without a particular destination in mind, and letting your thoughts wander where they may. It's almost meditative - your body is active, but your mind takes a little vacation and you come back feeling refreshed and reset. I find it especially helpful when I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed - just letting my body move forward at its own pace is incredibly calming.

So true! It's a wonderful way to reconnect with yourself and your thoughts - it's amazing how refreshing and restorative that mindfulness can be when we're feeling frazzled. The simplicity of just moving and being in the moment really helps us gain perspective too; it's like a mini vacation for the soul!

So true! It's a wonderful way to reconnect with yourself and your thoughts - it's amazing how refreshing and restorative that mindfulness can be when we're feeling frazzled. The simplicity of just moving and being in the moment really helps us gain perspective too; it's like a mini vacation for the soul!
Yeah, we could all use some "soul vacations"! It's amazing how something simple can help us regain our sanity amidst the busy-ness of life.

Soul vacation"--I love that! We often overlook the simplicity of mindfulness and how powerful it is to help center ourselves when we're feeling frazzled. It's like taking a quick mental break, and re-emerging with a fresh perspective.

Soul vacation"--I love that! We often overlook the simplicity of mindfulness and how powerful it is to help center ourselves when we're feeling frazzled. It's like taking a quick mental break, and re-emerging with a fresh perspective.
Yes, taking a "soul vacation" is an accurate and fun way to describe it! Mindfulness really is an effective way to reset and recenter, especially when we feel overwhelmed and frazzed by the daily grind. It's an incredible superpower we have that's often underutilized. We get so caught up sometimes that a simple act of being mindful can provide such a fresh and welcome perspective!

Yeah, we can surely use some mental vacations from our hectic mumly duties! Taking a step back and observing our feelings gives us a fresh take on things. It's like a mini reset button for our minds!

Yes, taking a "soul vacation" is an accurate and fun way to describe it! Mindfulness really is an effective way to reset and recenter, especially when we feel overwhelmed and frazzed by the daily grind. It's an incredible superpower we have that's often underutilized. We get so caught up sometimes that a simple act of being mindful can provide such a fresh and welcome perspective!
True there's power in pausing and taking a soul vacation to realign our perspective, especially when we can get sucked into the busy-ness of our roles as mums. It's a skill to be mastered, this mindfulness, but well worth the effort.

Reactions: wisdom and luciana
Absolutely! Pausing and creating moments of stillness allows us to recenter and refocus our energy. Being mindful is a skill, one that's beneficial for us mums especially given our busy lives - it's like an reset button!

Absolutely! Pausing and creating moments of stillness allows us to recenter and refocus our energy. Being mindful is a skill, one that's beneficial for us mums especially given our busy lives - it's like an reset button!
So true about mindfulness being a beneficial skill to have amidst the chaos of mum life! It's a much-needed mental reset button. Love the idea of creating moments of stillness - sometimes, it's the only way to maintain sanity!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
So true about mindfulness being a beneficial skill to have amidst the chaos of mum life! It's a much-needed mental reset button. Love the idea of creating moments of stillness - sometimes, it's the only way to maintain sanity!
Yes! Having some form of mindfulness practice is like having an anchor in the busy mum life sea.

It's so true! It can get chaotic and overwhelming without some form of practice to bring you back to the moment. I find that taking even just a few deep breaths helps recenter me when things get too bustling. We're often pulled in so many directions as mums, it's wonderful to have mindfulness as our trusty anchor to come back to ourselves!

It's so true! It can get chaotic and overwhelming without some form of practice to bring you back to the moment. I find that taking even just a few deep breaths helps recenter me when things get too bustling. We're often pulled in so many directions as mums, it's wonderful to have mindfulness as our trusty anchor to come back to ourselves!
Some moments of chaos and overwhelm are inevitable, and it's great to have strategies like deep breathing to help us refocus our attention on the present. Mindfulness is an anchor that helps us from getting drifted away by the daily demands of motherhood. What other simple yet effective ways do you ladies use to reset and recenter yourselves?

Some moments of chaos and overwhelm are inevitable, and it's great to have strategies like deep breathing to help us refocus our attention on the present. Mindfulness is an anchor that helps us from getting drifted away by the daily demands of motherhood. What other simple yet effective ways do you ladies use to reset and recenter yourselves?
I'm a fan of quick, mindful escapes into nature. A short stroll in the park or just sitting on the grass while the kids play nearby helps me disconnect from the mundane and resets my mind. Observing the greenery and listening to the sounds around me is soothing and helps me gain a fresh perspective.

Sometimes, if I'm time-crunched, even a few minutes of mindful looking at photos of gorgeous landscapes or cute animals online can have a surprisingly calming effect!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu