• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home Upgrades

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The users on this forum thread have been discussing their recent and upcoming home improvements. They've been sharing their experiences and offering advice, with a particular focus on modernising their homes. Joyful sparked the conversation by commenting on their mother's impressive smart home upgrade, which has transformed the whole house. Others shared their own stories, including plans for Scandi-inspired makeovers, DIY projects such as retiling and laying new floors, and larger undertakings like bathroom and kitchen renovations. The common theme among them is a love for sleek, modern, and minimalist designs. Several users mentioned the cost savings of DIY, while others shared excitement about upgrading their appliances and technology. The discussion also centred around the fun of choosing colour schemes and materials, with many favouring light and neutral tones. There's an air of excitement as several users are in the early stages of planning, while some are well on their way to completing their home makeovers. A few participants are looking forward to sharing before-and-after photos of their renovated spaces.

My mum recently upgraded her home with some fancy new tech and interior changes. She got some smart appliances and changed up the lighting - it's made such a difference!

The kitchen is now fitted with the newest smart fridge, oven, and dishwasher. The lights throughout the house have also been replaced with energy-efficient smart lights which you can control from your phone - so cool.

She had the place redone a couple of weeks ago and it's transformed the whole feel of the house. I'd love to hear about what everyone else has done to upgrade their homes - any new gadgets or designs you've implemented?

That sounds amazing! It's like something out of a futuristic movie, controlling all these appliances from your phone - it's a real James Bond gadgets moment!

My own home could do with some work - mostly some new furniture and decorative pieces to modernise the place. I've been looking at some minimal, Scandi-inspired pieces which have clean lines and simple aesthetics. Thinking about it makes me want to go all out and rip up the old carpet and retile the floors too! But that's a project for another time...

Reactions: koala
That sounds fab - a home makeover! I love the Scandi aesthetic; simple, sleek, and minimalist designs have a timeless quality.

New furniture and some cosmetic changes can really uplift a space and change its vibe. Ripping up carpet and tiling is a huge undertaking, but the end result is so satisfying! A great idea to save costs too, by doing it yourself.

What colour tiles are you thinking of going for? That could really tie in with your Scandi theme too - maybe some crisp, clean white marble effect? Or go bold with a feature black tile?! Fun decision to make, and I'm sure whatever you choose will look amazing.

That's the style I was thinking of! I love the idea of keeping things light and bright, so I'm thinking along the same lines as you - perhaps some gorgeous white marble effect tiles. I want to keep things pretty neutral and then add pops of colour through accessories that are easy to change.

I'm definitely up for the DIY challenge too - it's such a great way to save money which is especially helpful as I have a million other things I want to do to the place!

White marble effect tiles sound lovely and a great choice to keep the space light and bright! Neutral tones are a wonderful base - it's exciting to add personality with accessories, and an easy way to switch things up down the track too.

DIY definitely saves so much $$$ which is always helpful when there's a long list of other things the house needs! What kind of projects are on your list next?

before-after-home-renovations.png

• Haha
Reactions: eternity and joyful
That's a gorgeous transformation! We have some big projects coming up - redoing the bathroom and kitchen, new decks and landscaping the backyard. Just thinking about it all makes me tired but it'll be so worth it in the end!

Modern-neutral-bathroom-0540_220221_RSA_30vjvmy6q_rAT3au73Aqid-b7c26a657a7e41a899e8df131fdd1235.jpg

That's a great inspiration pic! I love the sleek, modern vibe. Can't wait to see your 'afters' - good luck with your projects!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! I'm really excited about these upgrades and can't wait to share the results once we're done. We've got some big plans for the place and it's going to look amazing - hoping it'll have the same sleek, modern feel that inspired me!

You've got this! Can't wait to see the reveals, and I'm sure the end result will be stunning with all your wonderful ideas coming to life!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Thanks so much for your encouragement - means a lot!! Can't wait to share the reveals, hoping it'll all come together and be worth it in the end haha!

Reactions: queenie
Thanks so much for your encouragement! I am super excited and will definitely share some photos once everything is done - still a few months away though!

Reactions: lioness
Thanks so much!! We're really excited to see everything come together. Can't believe how different it looks already!

You must be thrilled to bits to see your vision coming together. It's such a satisfying feeling isn't it? Well done and keep us posted on the next stages!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
Yes, we're super happy with how everything's turning out! Can't wait to share the next milestones. So much more to do, but it's all coming together nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
Can't wait too long as we're almost done!

New couch and rugs just arrived, blinds will be up by end of next week and then it's just the bathroom renovations left - and that will take a few weeks. But the main living areas are almost done!

Reactions: stargazer
Sorry, I don't have any photos at the moment - we've only just started planning! We're thinking of knocking down some internal walls to create a huge open plan kitchen/living room area and adding some skylights and big windows for extra light. My main focus is creating lots of space and lots of natural light - any suggestions welcome!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu