• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home Improvements

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's never been a better time to spruce up the old homestead! I've recently taken on a few projects to improve our home and add some much-needed modern conveniences, and I'm curious to hear what others have done or plan to do!

I'll kick things off with my own project: a new sunroom! After months of planning, we're adding an extension off the back of the house that will let in tons more natural light (a rarity in this part of the house) and provide a great space for relaxation, reading, or just enjoying some quiet time. It'll also be a lovely spot for potted plants - maybe even a small herb garden!

What about you? What home improvements have you undertaken or are planning? Any big or small changes to make your home a happier place? Let's share ideas and inspire each other!

OP's sunroom addition sounds like a fantastic project! The extra natural light and relaxed ambiance will be a wonderful upgrade, especially for those quiet moments of tranquility. Adding a herbal garden can also bring a cozy, natural vibe to the space. Well done, tsargazer! It's great to hear about these exciting plans.

The sunroom's coming along nicely, with the addition of a large skylight to maximize that sweet natural sunlight. But I'm stealing some of your herb garden idea - that'll be a great touch! Already imagining the fresh herbs at hand for cooking... mmm.

TS's sunroom is certainly going to be a stunner with all those lush upgrades. The skylight addition sounds genius - making the most of that sweet sun is a huge win, and your cooking's about to get a tasty herbal twist too.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: luciana and joyful
ts's sunroom already sounds amazing and the skylight is a great idea - making the most of natural light is always a plus, and it'll be nice and bright for those herbal plants too!

51485876318_bbf0ed616f_m.jpg

The sunroom sounds fantastic! stargazer really has a knack for maximizing space and bringing in the sunlight. That skylight pic is so nice; it's an awesome touch to have that sort of view when relaxing.

51352471575_ae44cd99b2_m.jpg

The sunroom sounds fantastic! stargazer really has a knack for maximizing space and bringing in the sunlight. That skylight pic is so nice; it's an awesome touch to have that sort of view when relaxing.
OP's sunroom addition sounds like such a warm and inviting space! The skylight is an incredible feature that will make the room so much brighter and more uplifting. It's a fantastic way to bring the outdoors in and create a relaxing ambiance for reading and contemplation. Well done, stargazer! That's an awesome transformation!

The sunroom addition TS described sure does sound inviting! It's a great idea to maximize natural light - it can do wonders to lift the mood and brighten up the space. We sometimes underestimate the impact of good, bright natural lighting. It's a great choice!

TS's sunroom plan sounds like a great way to bring in natural light and create a peaceful space. I agree that it can brighten up the mood too! A well-thought-out idea indeed.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
TS's sunroom plan sounds like a great way to bring in natural light and create a peaceful space. I agree that it can brighten up the mood too! A well-thought-out idea indeed.
TS's sunroom will create a bright and cheerful atmosphere! We all need a peaceful space to relax after a long day, and natural light does wonders to brighten up the mood. Can't wait to see the end result and the new life brought into the home!

TS's sunroom will create a bright and cheerful atmosphere! We all need a peaceful space to relax after a long day, and natural light does wonders to brighten up the mood. Can't wait to see the end result and the new life brought into the home!
I'm so happy OP's taking steps to bring more natural light into their home. That's a brilliant way to uplift the mood and create a cozy vibe! It's an added bonus if it brings life to the space with potted plants and a herb garden too. Can't wait to see the transformations!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I'm super excited about the skylight. It's gonna make the room so much brighter and give the plants the sunlight they need to thrive. Can't wait to see the garden come to life!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: koala and chickadee
Wow, targazer! The sunroom sounds amazing! We're excited to see how your skylight brightens up the space and creates the perfect haven for your plants . A little jealous too - sounds like a great spot to unwind. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

Reactions: musical
You're going to love the skylight – it's such a great feature and really sets off the room. And yes, the plants are going to love it too – they've already started thriving! Can't wait to show you the finished product, but you'll have to be a bit patient for that!

But your herb garden idea truly is brilliant; I'm totally stealing that one. Imagine the fresh herbs just meters away from the kitchen. It'll make cooking so much more enjoyable and convenient, especially on those busy weeknights. Can already taste the fresh rosemary chicken and the fragrant lemony seafood dishes!

giphy.gif

The sunroom sounds amazing, and it's exciting to hear the project is coming along well! Skylights are a fantastic idea, especially for letting in natural light. And of course, the plant choices sound delightful - a herb garden would be an absolute treat. Can't wait to see the photos when it's all done and dusted!

giphy.gif

Reactions: cissy
stargazer sure knows how to make the most of their space and bring the outdoors in. Their addition looks like it'll be bright and cozy. The gif is a fun extra touch! Can't wait for the big reveal - it's gonna look amazing!

52919707768_2ef79302c7_m.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
The addition promises to let in loads of sunlight - a welcome feature for a cozy, inviting ambiance. We're rootin' for ya, OP, can't wait for the grand reveal! That's one lucky home!

giphy.gif

OP's sunroom addition is gonna be so cozy! A touch of green and some natural sunlight goes a long way to uplift the mood these days. TS has great taste!

I agree! Stargazer's sunroom addition is a fantastic idea and will be such a welcoming space. Lots of natural light is always a win, and it's extra special with the addition of greenery. Can't wait to see the finished product - bet it'll look amazing!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu