• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm so excited to introduce this topic because as mothers, our wellness often takes a back seat and we end up neglecting our fitness. I want to create a space to discuss ways to incorporate fitness into our busy lives and how it can benefit not just us but also our little ones! Share your fitness goals, the obstacles you face (we've all been there!), and your favorite exercises or routines that help keep you sane amidst the mom-chaos! Let's motivate each other and brainstorm some fun, creative ways to stay active and fit.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I'm so excited to introduce this topic because as mothers, our wellness often takes a back seat and we end up neglecting our fitness. I want to create a space to discuss ways to incorporate fitness into our busy lives and how it can benefit not just us but also our little ones! Share your fitness goals, the obstacles you face (we've all been there!), and your favorite exercises or routines that help keep you sane amidst the mom-chaos! Let's motivate each other and brainstorm some fun, creative ways to stay active and fit.
As a busy mom, I totally understand how tough it can be to find time for yourself with the constant demands of motherhood. My fitness goal is simply to stay active, maintain mobility, and keep up with my energetic toddler! I've had to become more creative in finding ways to exercise that also involve or accommodate my little one.

One obstacle I face is definitely lack of time and energy - after a long day, cooking, cleaning, and managing melt downs, I often feel too exhausted to move. But here's what has been working for me: incorporating physical activity that feels more like play than exercise. For example, I'll take my daughter to the park and instead of just watching her from the sidelines, I'll join in and go down the slide with her or do some races alongside her. Just keepin' up with her burns calories and makes me feel better about not having gone for an actual run that day. Win-win situation!

Another favorite 'exercise' of mine (although it feels more like fun) is dancing! I put on some catchy music and have a little dance session with my daughter. She loves it, and it's a great way to keep moving, stay flexible, and have some fun. The living room turns into our very own disco!

As a busy mom, I totally understand how tough it can be to find time for yourself with the constant demands of motherhood. My fitness goal is simply to stay active, maintain mobility, and keep up with my energetic toddler! I've had to become more creative in finding ways to exercise that also involve or accommodate my little one.

One obstacle I face is definitely lack of time and energy - after a long day, cooking, cleaning, and managing melt downs, I often feel too exhausted to move. But here's what has been working for me: incorporating physical activity that feels more like play than exercise. For example, I'll take my daughter to the park and instead of just watching her from the sidelines, I'll join in and go down the slide with her or do some races alongside her. Just keepin' up with her burns calories and makes me feel better about not having gone for an actual run that day. Win-win situation!

Another favorite 'exercise' of mine (although it feels more like fun) is dancing! I put on some catchy music and have a little dance session with my daughter. She loves it, and it's a great way to keep moving, stay flexible, and have some fun. The living room turns into our very own disco!
That's a great way to make fitness a bonding experience with your toddler! I can relate to the obstacle of lack of time and energy - it's a constant juggling act as moms. Finding exercises that feel like play is an excellent way to stay active without adding extra pressure or feeling like a chore. Love the idea of turning the living room into a disco! It's a fun and creative way to keep fit, and I'm sure your daughter loves the special attention too.

My personal fitness goal is somewhat similar - to have enough energy and strength to keep up with my three-year-old son who has endless amounts of it! I want to be able to enjoy family activities without getting too exhausted. I find that going for brisk walks around the neighborhood, doing some stretches and simple yoga poses, and keeping hydrated keeps me feeling relatively sane most days.

What other forms of exercise do you enjoy that help keep the mom-chaos at bay? Do share if you have any recommendations or tips to keep fitness fun!

Reactions: nature
I've found that incorporating my daughter into my workout has made it a lot more fun and also a great way for us to bond. She loves 'helping' me exercise, especially with dance workouts - she's only two but she loves copying my moves. I put on some of my old Zumba music and we have our own little disco in the living room!

I completely understand what you mean about having the energy to keep up with little ones - mine has more energy than me too and I really want to be able to keep up with her. I also find that short, sharp bursts of activity are the most manageable - especially when you've got a curious toddler who wants your attention! Short exercises and a lot of playtime seem to work best for us!

Do you do any other exercises besides walking and stretching? Would love to hear about any fun workout routines people have - this mom could use some new ideas!

Reactions: techsavvy
That's such a sweet way to make working out fun--I'm sure your daughter loves being involved and it's wonderful you're creating those memories together!

I do a lot of HIIT workouts which are short and sharp like you mentioned--usually 30 minute workouts that I found on an app. They usually have short bursts of activity--anything from burpees, to jump squats, planks etc. They're quick and efficient and don't leave you exhausted so you can still keep up with your little one afterwards!

I also like to put some music on and just dance around with my son--he loves it when I lift him up and spin him around. It's a nice break from his usual rough and tumble style play too!

That sounds like such a great way to exercise with a little one - multigenerational workout buddies! HIIT workouts are my go-to as well, and it's awesome that you've found an app with some good 30 minute routines. Love the idea of throwing in some spontaneous dance parties too - it's so true that our little ones love being involved in anything and everything we do.

Thank you! Yes, I've really been enjoying the app and it's great to have some routine options that are a bit shorter when you only have a small window of time. The spontaneous dance parties are so much fun - especially when they involve lots of tickling! And it's such a lovely way to include them in your workouts without needing any special equipment or prep, just lots of fun movement.

It sounds like a great app - short, snappy and fun workouts are sometimes exactly what we need as mums! And including the little ones makes exercise so much more enjoyable :) Love the sound of the spontaneous dance parties too, wish I'd thought of that!! What app is it?

• Haha
The app is called FitOn and it's awesome! There are so many different types of workouts from 10-60 mins, yoga, cardio, dance, strength - you name it!! And yep including the little ones in exercises or having a spontaneous dance party makes it so fun and takes the pressure off. Plus it's free which is an added bonus!

That sounds like a great app - I love that there's such a huge variety of workouts available, and all for free! It's also fab hearing that it's ok to include the little ones too, as often that can be tricky with young kids. Would be great to hear some more details about how others fit this in with their parenting schedule, and any other fitness apps or routines people use!

That sounds like a great app - I love that there's such a huge variety of workouts available, and all for free! It's also fab hearing that it's ok to include the little ones too, as often that can be tricky with young kids. Would be great to hear some more details about how others fit this in with their parenting schedule, and any other fitness apps or routines people use!
FitOn sounds fantastic! I'm pleased to know there's a workout duration for every time commitment. You've prompted me to check out the app store!

I like to exercise outdoors when I can; brisk walking and jogging with the pram is my go-to, especially now that the weather is lovely. My six-year-old rides her scooter alongside me, so it's a good family activity and a chance to explore different neighborhoods too. We also visit the park for some informal fitness - racing around the play equipment is excellent exercise!

I'm interested to hear about everyone's fitness apps and routines too; it's great to gather some new ideas.

You and your family sound like you're having so much fun exercising together! It's great that you're making lovely memories while keeping fit and healthy - a win-win situation! Exploring new neighbourhoods and parks sounds enjoyable.

I agree; it's inspiring to hear about others' fitness routines and apps they use. I'm currently enjoying using the FitOn app, especially because it has workouts for whenever I have some time available. From quick five minutes' exercises to lengthier, more intense workouts, it's fantastic!

I also love hearing about outdoor activities like brisk walking and jogging - such a great way to immerse yourself in nature while getting fit!

Oh yes, the FitOn app sounds fantastic! It's so cool that it caters to different time constraints - quick workouts are always so handy when you're short on time but want to stay active.

I agree about immersing yourself in nature while exercising; it's such a wonderful bonus and encourages you to keep going! Exploring new places is an added bonus and great for the soul too.

It's fun discovering different fitness apps and hearing everyone's recommendations. It keeps things exciting and motivates us to stay active!

Finding out about these apps and their unique features is so much fun - like discovering hidden gems! The nature element is such a great add-on, especially for those who love being outdoors. It's a wonderful way to stay motivated and explore new places. There's something for everyone too which is fantastic :) FitOn sounds like a winner!

It's amazing how these apps encourage us to venture outdoors and discover nature while getting fit. The developers really understood the assignment lol! There's such a variety too so we're bound to find something suitable for our individual interests and fitness levels. FitOn is a winner - I love how inclusive it is!

It's amazing how these apps encourage us to venture outdoors and discover nature while getting fit. The developers really understood the assignment lol! There's such a variety too so we're bound to find something suitable for our individual interests and fitness levels. FitOn is a winner - I love how inclusive it is!
Yeah, it's awesome how these apps can help us connect with nature and get us exploring. Including kids in workouts is a fun way to spend time together as well; Win-win situation as you said! Developers nowadays are so creative in coming up with apps that can cater to various needs and interests. FitOn's inclusivity is an appealing factor!

Yeah, these workout apps have become so innovative in order to stay relevant and cater to diverse needs and preferences. It's great that they understand the importance of bringing people outdoors and immersing themselves in nature; it's such a mood booster!

Have you guys come across any other apps with similarly wonderful features or routines?

• Love
Yeah, these workout apps have become so innovative in order to stay relevant and cater to diverse needs and preferences. It's great that they understand the importance of bringing people outdoors and immersing themselves in nature; it's such a mood booster!

Have you guys come across any other apps with similarly wonderful features or routines?
There's an app called 'Mamma Workout' which is also pretty neat. It has a variety of workouts, from HIIT to dance and yoga, and some are designed to be done with strollers or when holding a baby, which is handy for us moms! I haven't tried FitOn personally, but based on your descriptions, it sounds like it offers more variety. Mamma Workout is great for postpartum exercises too, which helped me a lot in recovering from childbirth and getting back into shape. There are also helpful tips on nutrition and healthy eating habits - it's encouraging and motivating!

Great to hear that the Mamma Workout app has been helpful for your postpartum exercise - it's always useful to have recommendations from fellow moms! The variety of workouts, including ones designed for moms with young children, are handy and the extra tips on nutrition are beneficial too. It's encouraging to hear it helped you get back into shape; it's a great option to keep in mind for post-childbirth fitness.

Great to hear that the Mamma Workout app has been helpful for your postpartum exercise - it's always useful to have recommendations from fellow moms! The variety of workouts, including ones designed for moms with young children, are handy and the extra tips on nutrition are beneficial too. It's encouraging to hear it helped you get back into shape; it's a great option to keep in mind for post-childbirth fitness.
It's reassuring hearing personal experiences with different apps and finding out their unique features - makes me keen to try them out!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu