• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness Topics

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This thread is specifically dedicated to mum's and fitness - so any topics, advice, tips and support for mums who want to focus on their health and wellness are most welcome here. Share your journeys and let's support each other! I'll go first - I'm keen to hear about different workout routines and how us mums can fit these into our busy schedules. Also interested in hearing about nutritious but easy family meals too as I'm always on the hunt for new ideas!

Hi everyone! This thread is specifically dedicated to mum's and fitness - so any topics, advice, tips and support for mums who want to focus on their health and wellness are most welcome here. Share your journeys and let's support each other! I'll go first - I'm keen to hear about different workout routines and how us mums can fit these into our busy schedules. Also interested in hearing about nutritious but easy family meals too as I'm always on the hunt for new ideas!
I usually do high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts during my daughter's nap time. It's a quick, effective way to get some exercise in without needing much prep or equipment and you can tailor it to your fitness level. As for meals, I often prep overnight oats with lots of fruits for a quick, nutritious breakfast. Just grab and go!

I usually do high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts during my daughter's nap time. It's a quick, effective way to get some exercise in without needing much prep or equipment and you can tailor it to your fitness level. As for meals, I often prep overnight oats with lots of fruits for a quick, nutritious breakfast. Just grab and go!
HIIT is also one of my go-tos, though I'm lucky to have a reliable babysitter who can watch the kids while I hit the park for some intensity. Quick, effective, and exhausting - just the way I like it!
As for food, nothing beats a good ol' one-pot wonder for busy nights. Throw in some chicken, veggies, spices, and rice, and dinner's ready without much fuss.

HIIT is also one of my go-tos, though I'm lucky to have a reliable babysitter who can watch the kids while I hit the park for some intensity. Quick, effective, and exhausting - just the way I like it!
As for food, nothing beats a good ol' one-pot wonder for busy nights. Throw in some chicken, veggies, spices, and rice, and dinner's ready without much fuss.
That's great that you have some helpful workout strategies and reliable help to fit exercise into your schedule.

One-pot meals are a godsend for busy nights! Do you have any particular favorite recipes? I'm always on the lookout for new, tasty, and healthy one-pot dinner ideas to feed the family.

That's great that you have some helpful workout strategies and reliable help to fit exercise into your schedule.

One-pot meals are a godsend for busy nights! Do you have any particular favorite recipes? I'm always on the lookout for new, tasty, and healthy one-pot dinner ideas to feed the family.
There's this really nice chicken stew recipe my mum used to make. It's got a good blend of spices like turmeric, cumin, and coriander powder that give it an aromatic fragrance. Plus, it's easy to customize with any veggies you have on hand - carrots, potatoes, or even pumpkin. It's a flexi-mealtime staple that hits the spot, comforting and wholesome. You can even throw in some beans or lentils to bulk it up and add extra protein.

There's this really nice chicken stew recipe my mum used to make. It's got a good blend of spices like turmeric, cumin, and coriander powder that give it an aromatic fragrance. Plus, it's easy to customize with any veggies you have on hand - carrots, potatoes, or even pumpkin. It's a flexi-mealtime staple that hits the spot, comforting and wholesome. You can even throw in some beans or lentils to bulk it up and add extra protein.
That sounds yummy, I love aromatic fragranced meals. Turmeric is such a great spice! Do you have any special ingredient or cooking techniques to make this stew extra special? It's great to have a versatile recipe up our sleeves and customizable according to taste/fridge content too.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That sounds yummy, I love aromatic fragranced meals. Turmeric is such a great spice! Do you have any special ingredient or cooking techniques to make this stew extra special? It's great to have a versatile recipe up our sleeves and customizable according to taste/fridge content too.
The secret ingredient is really just lots of garlic, haha! But seriously, I remember my mom would add like half a bulb whenever she made it. That, and some fresh ginger, really amps up the fragrance and adds a lovely kick to the stew. Besides that, it's quite a simple dish that anyone can make fancy with the right spices and fresh ingredients. It's one of those meals that tastes even better the next day - the flavors really develop and meld together.

The secret ingredient is really just lots of garlic, haha! But seriously, I remember my mom would add like half a bulb whenever she made it. That, and some fresh ginger, really amps up the fragrance and adds a lovely kick to the stew. Besides that, it's quite a simple dish that anyone can make fancy with the right spices and fresh ingredients. It's one of those meals that tastes even better the next day - the flavors really develop and meld together.
Garlic and ginger are such simple yet powerful ingredients to add a flavor boost! I love the aroma they bring to any dish. Stews are so heartwarming and versatile perfect for busy nights especially when the flavours deepen overnight.

Do you serve your chicken stew with any particular sides or favorites?

Garlic and ginger are such simple yet powerful ingredients to add a flavor boost! I love the aroma they bring to any dish. Stews are so heartwarming and versatile perfect for busy nights especially when the flavours deepen overnight.

Do you serve your chicken stew with any particular sides or favorites?
My personal favorite is to pair it with some freshly baked crusty bread - the kind that's crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. It's a simple, no-frills side that goes well with the aromatic stew and all its lovely spices. Dipping the bread into the sauce is the best bit, haha. I also like to throw together a quick salad for some added crunch and freshness.

My personal favorite is to pair it with some freshly baked crusty bread - the kind that's crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. It's a simple, no-frills side that goes well with the aromatic stew and all its lovely spices. Dipping the bread into the sauce is the best bit, haha. I also like to throw together a quick salad for some added crunch and freshness.
That sounds delightful! There's nothing quite like hot, crusty bread right out of the oven. What type of grains/flours do you use for your bread?

Salads are a great, colorful addition to the meal I usually go for a basic mixed greens side salad with cherry tomatoes and a simple vinaigrette dressing - doesn't hurt to add some extra veggies!

That sounds delightful! There's nothing quite like hot, crusty bread right out of the oven. What type of grains/flours do you use for your bread?

Salads are a great, colorful addition to the meal I usually go for a basic mixed greens side salad with cherry tomatoes and a simple vinaigrette dressing - doesn't hurt to add some extra veggies!
I usually go for regular white flour, but will sometimes throw in some whole wheat flour for a nuttier flavor. It really depends on what's available in the pantry! I agree that the salad's added crunch is a great texture contrast to the soft bread and stew.

I also like to spruce up my salads with some toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for an extra crunchy bite and some nice fattiness.

I usually go for regular white flour, but will sometimes throw in some whole wheat flour for a nuttier flavor. It really depends on what's available in the pantry! I agree that the salad's added crunch is a great texture contrast to the soft bread and stew.

I also like to spruce up my salads with some toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for an extra crunchy bite and some nice fattiness.
Seeds are a fantastic addition to both the salad and the stew! I'll have to remember to add some pumpkin seeds next time. It's fun to play around with different ingredients and flavors.

What other dishes would go well with this cozy meal? Something simple yet satisfying would be great.

Seeds are a fantastic addition to both the salad and the stew! I'll have to remember to add some pumpkin seeds next time. It's fun to play around with different ingredients and flavors.

What other dishes would go well with this cozy meal? Something simple yet satisfying would be great.
Some corn on the cob, boiled or grilled, is a simple side that complements the stew well. You can also pair it with some rice cooked in chicken stock for an extra savory punch. For something heartier, a side of cheesy, creamy macaroni might hit the spot!

Some corn on the cob, boiled or grilled, is a simple side that complements the stew well. You can also pair it with some rice cooked in chicken stock for an extra savory punch. For something heartier, a side of cheesy, creamy macaroni might hit the spot!
Your recommendation sounds great! A balanced meal, indeed.

Your recommendation sounds great! A balanced meal, indeed.
Mmm mac and cheese sounds so comforting and indulgent! Nothing like a tasty cheese pull. Does anyone have any healthy mom fitness tips they'd like to share today? Let's keep each other motivated!

Mmm mac and cheese sounds so comforting and indulgent! Nothing like a tasty cheese pull. Does anyone have any healthy mom fitness tips they'd like to share today? Let's keep each other motivated!
I try to keep active with my kiddo by enrolling us in classes at the community center near our place. We love the mommy-and-me yoga sessions, and it's a great way to expose my little one to social settings too. Besides yoga, there are lots of exciting physical activities like rock climbing and swimming which help to keep me and my girl energized and healthy. Keeping things fun and engaging keeps us motivated!

I try to keep active with my kiddo by enrolling us in classes at the community center near our place. We love the mommy-and-me yoga sessions, and it's a great way to expose my little one to social settings too. Besides yoga, there are lots of exciting physical activities like rock climbing and swimming which help to keep me and my girl energized and healthy. Keeping things fun and engaging keeps us motivated!
That sounds like a fantastic way to bond with your child and stay active! My six-year-old loves going on runs with me, which has helped me stay motivated to exercise regularly. I make sure we have lots of fun by creating little 'games' along the way, like playing tag or race one another. We also plan lots of adventures in the park - the swings and slides keep us both entertained for hours!

Do you mommies have any delicious, nutritious snack ideas to share?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu