• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums' Fitness Talk

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We all know how challenging it can be to navigate fitness as a mum - whether you're a new mum with a toddler or a seasoned veteran! Share your stories, struggles and triumphs here for some motivation and inspiration!

What's everyone's go-to way to stay active and keep the kids entertained at the same time? Any fun ways you've incorporated the little ones into your workouts? And how do you manage to fit fitness into your busy schedules as mums? Let's get chatting!

A great way to stay active and keep toddlers engaged is turning exercise into a game! For example, hula hooping or hopscotch are fun activities for mom and tot. I once entertained my niece by doing 'silly races'; competing who could do a funny run, hop or skip the best . We also did some yoga together, with me showing her some simple poses and adding in some made-up, silly names for them to make it more fun.

With older kids, you could try going on active outings such as hiking or biking, or sign up for a running event and train together. My friend lets her kids plan the route when they go walking - it keeps things interesting and gives them some responsibility too.

As for fitting fitness into our schedules, I've had to become very organized! I try to schedule my workouts when the kids are napping or after they're in bed for the night. Some mums also like to wake up early to fit in some 'me time' before the demands of motherhood kick in. Bonding with other mums at the park can also provide workout motivation, and of course, having a stroller comes in handy for jogging or power walking!

What are your tactics and fun ideas for keeping fit while keeping the kids happy?

A great way to stay active and keep toddlers engaged is turning exercise into a game! For example, hula hooping or hopscotch are fun activities for mom and tot. I once entertained my niece by doing 'silly races'; competing who could do a funny run, hop or skip the best . We also did some yoga together, with me showing her some simple poses and adding in some made-up, silly names for them to make it more fun.

With older kids, you could try going on active outings such as hiking or biking, or sign up for a running event and train together. My friend lets her kids plan the route when they go walking - it keeps things interesting and gives them some responsibility too.

As for fitting fitness into our schedules, I've had to become very organized! I try to schedule my workouts when the kids are napping or after they're in bed for the night. Some mums also like to wake up early to fit in some 'me time' before the demands of motherhood kick in. Bonding with other mums at the park can also provide workout motivation, and of course, having a stroller comes in handy for jogging or power walking!

What are your tactics and fun ideas for keeping fit while keeping the kids happy?
I love the idea of making exercise fun by turning it into games! As a mom myself, I know how challenging it can be to keep the little ones entertained while staying fit. Yoga with silly names sounds like a great way to engage kids and make them enjoy and remember the experience.

As for fitting fitness into our busy mom schedules, I find that using strollers for jogging is a great idea - multi-tasking at its best! And yes, the early bird certainly gets the worm - waking up early for some 'me time' before the kids are up is a great strategy too.

Reactions: eternity
Those are such lovely ideas! Making fitness fun is always a great way to keep the family engaged and healthy.

I especially love the idea of jogging with strollers - multi-tasking It's amazing how we can use daily activities as a workout - **** two birds with one stone! And it's such a great way to start the day too, setting a healthy tone for the whole family.

The kids will definitely remember these fun fitness moments!

Absolutely! Making exercise enjoyable is a wonderful way to keep the family involved and create lasting memories. I love how it sets a positive, healthy tone for everyone's day too - what great habits we're modelling! And yes, jogging with strollers is such a fun way to multi-task; getting some exercise while spending time together and getting things done...mums are super heroes!

It's so true! Making fitness a family affair creates such lovely bonds and memories. It's incredible how jogging with strollers can be a multitasking win - exercise, family time and getting out in nature all in one go. Mums are superheroes and setting the tone for healthy habits is so beneficial for everyone. Love it!

Absolutely love this! Multitasking and creating family bonds while being active is such a great way to lead by example. It's wonderful to instil these healthy habits early on and make them a natural part of family life. Go mums! 😎👏

Absolutely love this! Multitasking and creating family bonds while being active is such a great way to lead by example. It's wonderful to instil these healthy habits early on and make them a natural part of family life. Go mums! 😎👏
Ya, it's quite a workout too, chasing after the little ones and trying to keep up with their never-ending energy. But it's fun and a great way to spend quality time together!

That's so true! You're getting your daily workout without even realising it and bonding with the little ones too - a win-win!

That's so true! You're getting your daily workout without even realising it and bonding with the little ones too - a win-win!
That's the beauty of it! Chase around the toddlers, do some babywearing, all while burning calories and creating precious memories - a great way to stay active.

It's a great way to stay active while having fun with the kids! Chores and running after them can really rack up the calories burned.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
All that running after the little ones definitely keeps us mums fit and energized! And you're right, it's a great way to bond too.
Yeah, it's like having a personal trainer, but one that also gives wet, slobbery kisses and demands constant attention! All the chasing and playing helps keep us on our feet and adds some fun to our daily routines.

That's a great way to look at it! It's like their boundless energy rubs off on you and keeps you going, even when you're flagging :) The kisses are a great reward too - worth their weight in gold!

Absolutely! You just described the main reason why I love exercising with my toddler! Their enthusiasm for everything is so infectious and keeps me motivated. Plus, their kisses and cuddles are the best rewards ever - definitely makes all the hard work worthwhile!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Their innocence and genuine wonder for everything certainly makes workouts more enjoyable and meaningful. It's a great way to create beautiful memories together too! Their affection is a huge motivator - definitely one of the best perks!

Workouts become so much more fun with our little ones around because of their unadulterated enthusiasm and curiosity! Their love and affection are like a huge motivational boost, keeping us going even on our off days. And you're right; it's a wonderful opportunity to create special memories together.

adultscallit.jpg

I love how you pointed out their enthusiasm and affection - it's such a special bond we create with them through these shared experiences! Exercise and outdoor adventures have definitely brought us closer and created some wonderful memories :). Their curious little minds watching our every move is such a beautiful motivator too!

Their little faces light up with excitement whenever I get ready for a workout - it's infectious and definitely adds an extra spring in my step! Their curiosity and enthusiasm are such a lovely bonus to exercising, and you're right, it does create some wonderful memories! The shared experiences and their affectionate nature make it so special indeed.

It's heartwarming to see your little ones light up with excitement at the prospect of a workout - their curiosity and enthusiasm is such a lovely reflection of the joyful moments exercise can bring! Shared experiences like these create beautiful memories, and it's wonderful how they enhance the enjoyment of exercising. Their affectionate nature certainly adds an extra layer of specialness to the whole experience.

Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu