• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness Routine

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being a mum can be a full-time job in itself, so how do you fit fitness into your routine?

Do you have any go-to workouts or motivation tips now that you're a mum? Are you struggling to find the energy, or perhaps you've discovered workout gear that's practical and functional for mums on the go?

Share your experiences, tips, and workout must-haves here!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Being a parent is a 24/7 job so finding time to exercise can be tough. But I just put on my sneakers and get it done! Sometimes the kids even join in - exercise can be a great family activity.

I try not think too much about it - no point overthinking or I may never start. Just do it, as they say! Haha.

Having a simple routine which doesn't require fancy equipment helps, because let's face it, life is unpredictable with kids around. So yup, my go-to is just some good old jogging around the neighbourhood - convenient and no prep needed! I just throw on my comfy shoes and get moving. Bonus if the kids want to come along on their bikes or scooters while I walk/run alongside them.

Also, online yoga or workout videos are great because they're free and don't require special equipment either - just some floor space which is easy to find at home. And there's such a huge variety nowadays that it keeps things interesting. I can involve the little ones too without needing to leave the house - win-win!

Oh, and my other tip would be to keep a lightweight waterproof jacket handy. Great for sudden rain showers while out jogging, or for keeping warm after a workout when the sweat starts to cool down. Parents gotta adapt and keep it simple!

As a mum, I think the most challenging part is finding the energy to workout after a long day! But like many others, I've learned that workout gear can make a huge difference in terms of motivation.

Having a good pair of sneakers and some comfy activewear makes me feel so much more ready to take on a workout, even if it's just a quick one while the baby naps. And with the right gear, you can just throw on a shirt and head out for a run without needing to prep much. I also keep a few resistance bands at home--they're easy to use and take up barely any space!

I think it's also crucial to have variety in your workout routine so that you don't get bored. I like to mix it up by taking walks outdoors, doing indoor exercises on YouTube, or even putting the stroller to good use on evening walks when the weather is nice. Keeps things fun and interesting!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
When I became a mum, I had to work out a fitness routine that didn't require fancy equipment or lots of space, since I couldn't access the gym easily anymore!

For quick and effective workouts at home, I stock up on some basic gear like resistance bands and small dumbbells which don't take up too much space. I also got myself an exercise mat - it's great for doing yoga or Pilates moves, and is comfy for sitting/lying down on.

I make sure to keep my workouts short and intense - 20-30 mins is enough to break a good sweat! Usually do some HIIT exercises or try out workout videos off YouTube. Or if I'm short on time, I'd whip out the resistance bands for some quick arm exercises - they're super effective in building muscle!

Does anyone have recommendations for good, practical exercise gear? Something that's not too pricey would be great!

When I became a mum, I had to work out a fitness routine that didn't require fancy equipment or lots of space, since I couldn't access the gym easily anymore!

For quick and effective workouts at home, I stock up on some basic gear like resistance bands and small dumbbells which don't take up too much space. I also got myself an exercise mat - it's great for doing yoga or Pilates moves, and is comfy for sitting/lying down on.

I make sure to keep my workouts short and intense - 20-30 mins is enough to break a good sweat! Usually do some HIIT exercises or try out workout videos off YouTube. Or if I'm short on time, I'd whip out the resistance bands for some quick arm exercises - they're super effective in building muscle!

Does anyone have recommendations for good, practical exercise gear? Something that's not too pricey would be great!
I usually do my workouts outdoors at the park across the street. It's convenient cause I can just pop by whenever I have some free time and it doesn't feel so confined like in a gym or at home. Got some good ol' workout gear from the sports store opposite - nothing fancy, just your basic stuff like a jump rope, comfy shoes, and tracksuits.

The hubby helps out watching our little one when I sneak out for some me-time so I'm not guilty about leaving her behind! It's win-win cause I come back all energized and happier after some solo workout time. Would love to hear any recommendations you guys have for efficient, on-the-go workouts that don't require too much equipment - harder the better for me, actually!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
When you're a mum, there's already so much going on that sometimes exercising can take a backseat. For me, finding the right motivation was key - especially after having two kids!

I found that signing up for 5K runs or small-scale marathons kept me focused and helped me stay committed to a regular routine. Having that goal in sight keeps me going, plus the 'me time' is a huge bonus! Getting the kids and hubby involved sometimes too - like going for family walks or small hikes - keeps everyone active and helps me blow off steam.

Also, workout gear that's comfortable and doesn't constrict movement is key; I'm all about those comfy leggings and sports bras these days!

53399344608_10febfd608_m.jpg

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
When you're a mum, there's already so much going on that sometimes exercising can take a backseat. For me, finding the right motivation was key - especially after having two kids!

I found that signing up for 5K runs or small-scale marathons kept me focused and helped me stay committed to a regular routine. Having that goal in sight keeps me going, plus the 'me time' is a huge bonus! Getting the kids and hubby involved sometimes too - like going for family walks or small hikes - keeps everyone active and helps me blow off steam.

Also, workout gear that's comfortable and doesn't constrict movement is key; I'm all about those comfy leggings and sports bras these days!

53399344608_10febfd608_m.jpg
I'm also all about comfy workout gear! Something that's practical and functional is definitely important for mums on the go - you don't wanna feel constricted in your movements.

Setting goals like signing up for runs also helps keep me motivated, knowing I have to prepare and train for an event. Having workout clothes that make you feel good can also be a great confidence booster!

Reactions: cissy
My kids are my motivation to stay active! I make sure to involve them in my workout somehow, like going on a jog and pushing them in the stroller. It can be challenging to keep up with exercise when you're a mum, so I usually just slot in quick workouts when I'm doing chores or cooking.

I once discovered this awesome mom-friendly resistance band workout online that only takes 15 minutes! Quick, convenient, and effective - I could get stuff done around the house while getting some exercise in. That's mainly how I approach fitness now - gotta keep it simple and snappy haha.

Reactions: luciana
As a mum, I realize that fitness takes a back seat quite often, 'cos there's so much going on with managing the kids and household! Honestly, I just try my best to stay active. Taking the stairs instead of the lift or revving up the intensity while walking the dog helps me to keep fit. No time for proper workouts most days, but I do try simple things like doing extra squats or lunges during diaper changes – every little bit counts right?

I also make sure to keep activewear and sneakers accessible, so there's no excuse not to seize any opportunity for a quick workout!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu