• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness Motivation

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
How do people stay motivated to exercise, especially as they age? I'm interested in learning more about Mum's (my mum) fitness motivation and how it compares with others her age. Does Mum use online resources such as YouTube or apps to help keep her on track? Has she ever used a personal trainer, or has that been helpful for anyone she knows?

I'm curious about the same thing. My mum is also getting into fitness as she's aging and I've noticed that online resources have really helped her stay motivated. She loves following along with YouTube workout videos, especially those that cater to seniors or people with mobility issues.

As for personal trainers, my aunt actually hired one last year when she turned 60. Her trainer specialized in working with older adults and created a customized fitness plan for her that included exercises tailored to her health conditions and abilities. My aunt said it was really helpful as the trainer provided guidance on proper form and technique, which gave her more confidence exercising at home.

My mum has also joined online communities related to seniors and fitness, where she finds motivational stories, workout tips, and advice from others who are going through similar experiences. These connections have been instrumental in keeping her engaged with exercise and helping her maintain a healthy routine as she ages.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Thread: Mum's Fitness Motivation

I completely understand what you're getting at! As someone who's been following along with their mum's fitness journey, I think online resources have been a game-changer for her.

In addition to YouTube workout videos , my aunt actually hired a trainer specifically designed for seniors. The trainer created a personalized plan that took into account her health conditions and mobility limitations, which gave her the confidence to exercise effectively at home. It's amazing how much of a difference it made!

I think online communities for seniors and fitness have also been super helpful for your mum. Hearing motivational stories from others who are on similar journeys can be really inspiring. And getting practical tips and advice from people who've experienced things firsthand is always valuable.

It's true that there might not be as many trainers or resources in our area, which can make it harder to find what we're looking for. But online platforms like YouTube and dedicated fitness communities have been a blessing, providing us with access to qualified instructors, customizable plans, and supportive networks all from the comfort of our own homes!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu