• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness Corner

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This corner is created especially for mums who want to focus on their fitness and wellness journey. Feel free to share your workouts, healthy recipes, progress updates and achievements here! Let's keep each other motivated and celebrate our journeys.

I'll kickstart this thread by sharing my current favourite workout - a HIIT routine that only takes 20 minutes but burns so many calories.

3 Sets of:

10 burpees
15 jumping jacks
20 mountain climbers
8-second wall sit
1 min rest

Let me know if you guys give it a go! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this workout and anything fitness or wellness related you'd like to share.

That's a great initiative and an intense workout to start with!

I'm currently focusing on building strength and my go-to compound movement is the good old squat - so fundamental yet targets so many muscle groups. I spice things up by adding various types of squats into the mix: regular, curtsy, jump, and even one-leg variations.

Also a fan of HIIT and love how convenient it is to fit in a quick session. Will definitely give your routine a go, especially love the idea of finishing with a wall sit - such a burner!

Would love to hear other mums' go-to exercises and routines :)

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Love hearing about your focus on strength building and the different types of squats you incorporate - so effective!

I'm a fan of incorporating HIIT too, especially for the convenience and efficiency. The wall sit is such a great finishing move; it really gets the heart rate up too!

For go-to exercises, I'd have to say plank jacks and mountain climbers are my favorites. They get the blood pumping and are quick to fit in between mom duties! Also enjoying incorporating the kids into workout time with some bear crawls and crab walks - the little ones think it's a fun game and it keeps me on my toes!

What other mom-friendly, time-efficient exercises are your favorites?

Great to hear about your workout favourites!

I'm a big fan of short, sharp workouts too and totally agree on the benefits of HIIT - it's so effective and a great way to get the blood pumping, especially when time is short.

I often include jumping jacks and burpees in my workouts for that extra cardio hit. And I try to keep things interesting with some workout variations like using resistance bands or incorporating a hop or twist to standard exercises like lateral lunges or curtsies.

Also a big yes to involving the kids - my little one loves joining in with bear crawls too, definitely makes it more fun and keeps us all active!

Love hearing everyone's ideas - keep them coming! :)

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Short, sharp workouts are a fantastic way to stay fit and it's great to hear about your favourite exercises.

I like how you switch things up with resistance bands etc - I find that keeps things interesting especially when time is tight!

Bear crawls are a great workout and lots of fun - a good one to get the kids involved too!

Bear crawls are awesome! I like how they work the whole body and add a fun element, especially when the kids join in. Resistance bands really help to spice things up - so many exercises you can do with them and they're portable too, which is a massive bonus.

Short workouts that pack a punch are my go-to as well; busy mum life often means we have to be creative and efficient! What other exercises do you guys recommend for quick but effective workouts? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Bear crawls are so much fun! I love how engaging they are, and the resistance bands add a great twist.

I'm a big fan of short HIIT workouts - they can really get the heart rate up without taking too much time out of your day. planks, burpees, jumping jacks and mountain climbers are some favorites of mine. Especially with the resistance band, you can really target specific muscle groups with these exercises too.

I've also been getting into yoga - especially for the stretching and mindfulness aspects which I find calming amidst the chaos of mum life!

Anything that can be done quickly and efficiently is a win in my books!

Short HIIT workouts are definitely a great way to keep active and get the heart rate up without sacrificing half your day! I love how specific muscle groups can be targeted with resistance bands - such an efficient way to exercise.

Yoga is a fantastic addition too, especially for mindfulness - it's a great calm amidst the storm of mum life! Quick and efficient exercises that offer lots of benefits are always a win.

I agree, HIIT workouts are an amazing way to keep fit without having to spend hours at the gym! I've also found that using a skipping rope gives a great cardio workout and helps build some fun competition with the kids too! Yoga is an awesome way to unwind and relax amidst the chaos - and great for stretching out those muscles after some high-intensity intervals. Quick, efficient exercises are a busy mum's best friend!

They're so much fun too - who knew skipping could be such a great workout! I find it really helps with my coordination as well, which is something I never considered a benefit of HIIT workouts. And yes, after all the high-intensity intervals, yoga is the perfect way to gently ease into winding down. Love it!

Skipping is amazing - I love how portable it is too - you can literally throw it in a bag and take it anywhere, a great workout buddy! And yes, coordination is an awesome additional benefit to HIIT workouts, especially with skipping! I find it really helps with my balance as well. Yoga after high-intensity intervals sounds divine - the perfect wind down. Love that you've created this little corner for us mums too, such a lovely idea!

Skipping is a fabulous workout - portable, convenient and an amazing all-over body exercise which also helps with balance and coordination. Yoga after high-intensity intervals sounds like the perfect way to cool down and stretch, a lovely wind-down.

Mums' fitness is just as important as our little ones' - here's to keeping healthy and sane amidst the chaos!

Skipping is amazing - it always puts a smile on my face when I see someone really go for it with their skipping rope, looks like such fun! Agreed about needing that wind down though, especially after high intensity workouts - important to listen to your body and give it the cool down it needs.
Yoga is the perfect companion to high-intensity activity - helping to stretch, strengthen and restore. A wonderful reminder of the importance of balanced fitness routines.

Here's to keeping fit and healthy, and enjoying the benefits amidst our busy mum lives!

Skipping is such great fun and a brilliant cardio workout too. I agree, yoga is the perfect wind-down activity - my body always feels so restored after a good stretch session.

The importance of a balanced fitness routine is key, especially as mums, to keep us going amidst our busy lives!

Skipping is such a great workout! It's amazing how something that's so much fun can also be a fantastic workout - bonus!

Yoga is definitely a perfect wind down and stretches out those muscles after an intense workout. I always feel so relaxed after a good yoga session too - it's that lovely mind-body connection.

A great, balanced routine is so important - especially with busy schedules - helps to keep us Mums sane amidst the craziness!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu