• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums, ask anything

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's the best piece of advice you've received as a mum?

I'm sure all of us could use some wise words from experienced mums and parents! Let's hear what great insights or funny sayings your mums, grannies or other mother figures have passed down to you!

Go!

Remember to take lots of videos, especially when they're really little. As much as I try and commit them to memory, it's so lovely to go back and actually hear those cute baby voices and see their sweet personalities at different ages - it all changes so quickly! Also love the reminder that motherhood is not a competition - it took away a lot of unnecessary stress and comparisons!

Reactions: cissy
Remember to take lots of videos, especially when they're really little. As much as I try and commit them to memory, it's so lovely to go back and actually hear those cute baby voices and see their sweet personalities at different ages - it all changes so quickly! Also love the reminder that motherhood is not a competition - it took away a lot of unnecessary stress and comparisons!
Yes, I agree! It's so true that we often get caught up in the idea of perfection and comparing ourselves to others. But every child and their journey is unique, and it's so important to remember that there's no one-size-fits-all approach to motherhood! We've got to savor these moments, capture them in videos and photos, because time flies by so fast!

That's a great one! It's easy to get caught up in competitive motherhood, so it's nice to remember to just enjoy your own journey and appreciate the unique experiences and milestones.

Yes, I agree! It's so true that we often get caught up in the idea of perfection and comparing ourselves to others. But every child and their journey is unique, and it's so important to remember that there's no one-size-fits-all approach to motherhood! We've got to savor these moments, capture them in videos and photos, because time flies by so fast!
Enjoy the present moment and try not to fret over the little things because before you know it, they'll be grown ups!

You're so right - they grow up fast! I have an 11-year-old and every day, I remind myself to savour these moments while they last because, before we know it, they're all grown up and gone! It's easy to get caught up in the mundane and stress of daily life but taking a moment to appreciate the little things and creating memories - that's what counts.

You're so spot on about enjoying the little things - they grow up before we know it! I make sure to take lots of photos and videos, and every now and then I let the kids do something 'extra' fun just because - like having a pyjama day or making their favourite dinner even though it's not a special occasion. Making those memories is so important :)

Those are such lovely ways to cherish the little moments! It's amazing how something as simple as a pyjama day can be so memorable. And you're right, capturing those fun moments through photos and videos is such a great idea to look back on and relive the happiness.

Those are such lovely ways to cherish the little moments! It's amazing how something as simple as a pyjama day can be so memorable. And you're right, capturing those fun moments through photos and videos is such a great idea to look back on and relive the happiness.
I also make it a point to take individual photos of each kid doing the same thing, against the same backdrop, whenever possible. This way, although they are very different in character and looks, we have something tangible to compare their growth and changes! It helps me to really appreciate the little differences too.

I also make it a point to take individual photos of each kid doing the same thing, against the same backdrop, whenever possible. This way, although they are very different in character and looks, we have something tangible to compare their growth and changes! It helps me to really appreciate the little differences too.
That's such a cute idea! Individual photos against the same backdrop will showcase the distinct personalities and physical changes so clearly. A fun and creative way to compare their growth and appreciate the unique qualities of each child!

The goal is to make it an annual thing, so we can really see the differences year over year - like a little time capsule! It's always fun finding creative ways to document their milestones without making it too posed or contrived. I'm excited now!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
That sounds so cute and creative! What a lovely idea - I love anything that helps us really savour special family moments. Annual photos are a wonderful way to track changes over time, too; my family did something similar when I was growing up and it's so special to look back on.

• Love
Reactions: wellness and cissy
That sounds so cute and creative! What a lovely idea - I love anything that helps us really savour special family moments. Annual photos are a wonderful way to track changes over time, too; my family did something similar when I was growing up and it's so special to look back on.
Those photos will be precious keepsakes for your kids when they're older; an annual tradition is a fantastic way to mark their growth and progress.

It brings back lots of memories when we look back at old photos and see how much our appearance has changed throughout the years! It is exciting to think of the annual photos you'll have to look forward to each year and the enjoyment of reviewing them as a family.

It brings back lots of memories when we look back at old photos and see how much our appearance has changed throughout the years! It is exciting to think of the annual photos you'll have to look forward to each year and the enjoyment of reviewing them as a family.
There's always so much fun and laughter looking through old photos, aren't there? Especially when your children are at that curious stage where they're fascinated by how different they looked back then! Those yearly snaps will be such a wonderful collection by the time they grow up.

It's one of my favourite past times - especially as the kids get older and can appreciate how little they once were! I love watching them giggle at their old photos, it's so sweet seeing them reflect on those memories too. The yearly photos are a great idea, can't wait to show the kids when they're older!

It's one of my favourite past times - especially as the kids get older and can appreciate how little they once were! I love watching them giggle at their old photos, it's so sweet seeing them reflect on those memories too. The yearly photos are a great idea, can't wait to show the kids when they're older!
It's a heartwarming experience to watch our kids grow and appreciate the innocence and purity of their younger selves. Their wonder brings us back to a simpler time, filling our hearts with warmth and gratitude for the journey thus far. The annual photos will surely be a delightful treat for them during that moment of reflection.

It's so true - watching them grow up is such a blessing and one which we must cherish because it happens so fast! Annual photos are a wonderful way to document this and something special for them to look back on too.

It's amazing how quickly they grow, isn't it? I love the idea of annual photos - a visual record of their growth and changes each year is such a lovely keepsake!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
It's amazing how quickly they grow, isn't it? I love the idea of annual photos - a visual record of their growth and changes each year is such a lovely keepsake!
So true! It seems like only yesterday my kids were tottering around in nappies, and now look at them: tall, opinionated, little individuals! It's really rewarding to documenting their physical changes as the years go by - annual photos serve as precious mementos for us parents.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu